• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

These conference finals need some good 'ol Jim Ross commentary to make it not boring though, lol

"Oh my God, there's people in there! There's people in there!"

phanphare

Banned
I don't like how people just put Lebron over Kareem and act like it's no contest.

thank you! mj and kareem have always been 1a and 1b to me. with lebron entering the goat conversation I've noticed kareem gets no respect. you can actually make an argument that he's on top of mj. I'm not making that argument, mind you, but someone could and it wouldn't be insane.

Tall4Life

Isaiah is gonna make a Paul-Pierce-After-The-Wheelchair kind of return to a roaring ovation from the millions of C fans in the crowd and win it all for our C!!

I don't like how people just put Lebron over Kareem and act like it's no contest.

There is no contest. Prime Kareem was a dominant player in possibly the worst era of the NBA. By the time the 80s rolled around, and people started caring for the NBA again, Magic,Bird and MJ were the dominant players.

Jordan and Lebron spent their prime being dominant in far more competitive era's

No disrespect to Kareem but him in the conversation for GOAT always struck me as revisionist history made up by stat nerds who just look at a stat sheet without caring about the context.

He is still probably the best center in NBA history though.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
If the Cavs defend this way against the Warriors, they're going to get their shit kicked in.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If the Cavs defend this way against the Warriors, they're going to get their shit kicked in.

Basically if they defend any team that can hit open shots yeah they'll be fucked. The Celts have gotten good looks, they just can't hit shit.

I'd love to see their percentages on open looks compared to some other top teams.

kR6LxYB.gif

spyder_ur

So I'm sure everyone here is going to get on Tristan Thompson for being a dirty player, right?

It's too bad the Celts didn't shoot well at all in the first two games. It probably wouldn't have mattered given they have 1 answers for the Cavs defensively, but the truth is the Celts are able to get good shots against Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom