• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

benjipwns

Banned
dream said:
I think I'm gonna grab this on Steam. Is there any reason not to get the PC version?
Patch isn't out yet as they have some PC specific fixes still to finish. But in return you of course get better graphics, $20 (currently), mods, etc. So there's that trade off right now.

Until the patch comes out, when you play online it automatically defaults to low settings (keeps your resolution though) because of a bug in the benchmark.

dream

benjipwns said:
Patch isn't out yet as they have some PC specific fixes still to finish. But in return you of course get better graphics, $20 (currently), mods, etc. So there's that trade off right now.

Until the patch comes out, when you play online it automatically defaults to low settings (keeps your resolution though) because of a bug in the benchmark.

Cool, thanks. Any roster disparities between the PC and console versions?

Lkr

does PC get living rosters at the same time as consoles? are there still trainers and mods to use offline like 2k10?

Ryu1999

TechSamurai said:
This latest patch seemed to drastically change the shotstick. I don't like it so far, but I probably need to practice a bit to get the hang of it again.

Its not just the shot stick as the release window for a "good" shot is now incredibly small. I used to get perfect release on all my shots before the latest patch, and now I'm lucky to get a regular green-light shot in practice mode.

My first MyPlayer got corrupted after 15 games.

This time around I was cautious, multiple save files, no autosave, no in-game saves, everything...

I'm at the all-star break. I made the all-rookie team and the main event. I've played 55 games with 12 minute (real 12 minute quarters)...

And now I have the black screen of death, on all my save files. I've tried deleting everything else, all the silly workarounds I've found online...

Nothing.

The moral, for the makers of this game and any other: Don't include a mode that's more likely to completely implode the longer the user plays it.

I'm finished!

twbb1.jpg

By the way, the last NBA game I bought was 2K3 for my Gamecube.

I never got through one game without it freezing. Only Gamecube game that ever bugged out on me.

DonJuan

Neo Member
Jesus Christ, I don't know what is happening over here.

Since yesterday I'm trying to play online and can't do that. I hit Ranked Game on the home screen, and nothing happens, literally nothing. I press SQUARE to try and go to the lobbies, but only see the WHO'S ONLINE screen and the FRIENDS list.

My system: PS3.

Please, can anyone help me? I'm going nuts around here. 5 days ago I played online smoothly!

benjipwns

Banned
It works but it still defaults to low settings and has disconnect issues. But unlike prior to the patch you can actually connect and play past the first three minutes of a game.

Meier

My Player mode kinda sucks. My dude just absolutely cannot make any shots despite getting inside, close and medium up to 70+. It's freaking impossible to "level up" effectively with such limitations.

Wrayfield

Holding the ball is ridiculous. Shooting seems alright, imo.

I got the game late and created a small, fat SG for the sake of authenticity. I hate it when the coach moves me to SF or even PF sometimes and I have to cover 6'9'' guys who are faster, stronger and thinner :) So yeah, I concentrate on outside and middle-distance shooting and some shaky D to stay in the rotation. Doesn't help that I was drafted by the Heat, the HEAT!!

Must admit, with all the flaws, I have had a lot of fun. It gets a bit repetitive after one full season though. What I don't get is, why the hell don't opponents or teammates foul out after 6?

Smokey

NBA2K demos tend to be very lackluster and devoid of features. I got it yesterday and it's only a quarter or so, with no commentary. Somebody should make a thread on gaming side though!

mbmonk

Can someone point me to the NBA 2k12 thread? I don't want to post in this thread, but I can't seem to find an OT for 2k12.

Did it ever get created?

giri

Can someone point me to the NBA 2k12 thread? I don't want to post in this thread, but I can't seem to find an OT for 2k12.

Did it ever get created?

Probably isn't, as it's not really working online. Most of NBA-GAF haven't picked this up, as there are no rookies in it either, and it's usually an NBA-GAF member that starts / maintains this thread.

Top Bottom