• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

thomasbk

thauoftkidd (Magic) hasn't responded on this thread or to the PM I sent him.
Has anyone played against him or talked to him recently?

Do I get a win if he doesn't show up? or will it be simmed?

SamuraiX, give me an eta on when you can fix/replace your ps3. i'll put all your games on hiatus til then.

thomasbk said:
thauoftkidd (Magic) hasn't responded on this thread or to the PM I sent him.
Has anyone played against him or talked to him recently?

Do I get a win if he doesn't show up? or will it be simmed?
i was told thauoftkidd is extremely busy this week, but will be available next week.
im willing to hold off his games as well within a reasonable time frame of course.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
WHAT IS THIS :lol :lol :lol :lol

dwyane_wade.jpg

thomasbk

viakado said:
SamuraiX, give me an eta on when you can fix/replace your ps3. i'll put all your games on hiatus til then.

i was told thauoftkidd is extremely busy this week, but will be available next week.
im willing to hold off his games as well within a reasonable time frame of course.

Ok, thanks!

thauoftkidd

Neo Member
Greetings League Members,

I would like to apologize to the entire league for my lack of communication here on the forum in relation to the scheduled games that I am required to play.

I was recently hired with a company and this particular week has been intense training to ultimately have me in a position to be successful at my new employment posting. As a result, i have been unable to fulfill 3 of my 5 games scheduled this week.

For Week 2 and onward I will be more than happy to make myself available to anyone who I am required to play in the respective week.

This week has been extremely difficult as far as generating free time to fulfill my schedule requirements.

Again, I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience I may have caused. Hopefully the league understands and I am looking forward to returning next week and continuing to lead the Orlando Magic to the playoffs and the ultimate goal of a NeoGaf League Championship.

Thanks For Your Time,
Daniel Guerra

Smokey

thauoftkidd said:

I would like to apologize to the entire league for my lack of communication here on the forum in relation to the scheduled games that I am required to play.

I was recently hired with a company and this particular week has been intense training to ultimately have me in a position to be successful at my new employment posting. As a result, i have been unable to fulfill 3 of my 5 games scheduled this week.

For Week 2 and onward I will be more than happy to make myself available to anyone who I am required to play in the respective week.

This week has been extremely difficult as far as generating free time to fulfill my schedule requirements.

Again, I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience I may have caused. Hopefully the league understands and I am looking forward to returning next week and continuing to lead the Orlando Magic to the playoffs and the ultimate goal of a NeoGaf League Championship.

Thanks For Your Time,
Daniel Guerra

take your time bro!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thauoftkidd said:

Thanks For Your Time,
Daniel Guerra

frysquint530.jpg

thomasbk

thauoftkidd said:

Thanks For Your Time,
Daniel Guerra

Hopefully we can play next week then!
Congratulations and good luck in you new job!

thauoftkidd said:

Thanks For Your Time,
Daniel Guerra
i formally accept your apology. because of this i wont sim your games. its only 3. make them up next week.

SamuraiX-

viakado said:

I'm opening it up as we speak. I was hoping to have it up and running again tonight... but as unreliable as this process is, we'll see. If anything, I should be able to finish my last week 1 game w/ encal tomorrow night if everything goes well.

SamuraiX-

I have trenched through the valley of the shadow... I have seen that which most do not dare think of... And I have emerged....

YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH NO MORE! WooooH! :D

So after 4 or 5 hours of not knowing shit related to disassembling/reassembling my PS3, it's finally operational again.

So before tomorrow night (hopefully) I'm gonna be backing the shit up of all my data and I won't play another game until I know everything I need is on my portal HDD. :lol

Fuck me. What a night.

rinse82

SamuraiX- said:
I have trenched through the valley of the shadow... I have seen that which most do not dare think of... And I have emerged....

YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH NO MORE! WooooH! :D

So after 4 or 5 hours of not knowing shit related to disassembling/reassembling my PS3, it's finally operational again.

So before tomorrow night (hopefully) I'm gonna be backing the shit up of all my data and I won't play another game until I know everything I need is on my portal HDD. :lol

Fuck me. What a night.

Good job man, good to hear you got it fixed. Hopefully it stays that way.

RDreamer

Hey Pacers and Warriors, when are you guys available today? I'm still a bit busy today, but I want to try and actually get the games done. Sorry for not trying as hard to get these done this week. I had extra time at work, and my wife had an emergency dental situation, and then one of the only days I had free the freaking power was out for 5 hours (and the internet another 2) because of the stupid midwest wind storm. Next week'll kind of suck too (on 6 days, and wife's ongoing dental situation, along with trying to do all the crap to change her name from our wedding).

My absolute best time for next week's games will be tomorrow, between 7 AM central and 1 central. I want to get at least a few games in there if people are available.

does anyone need more time to get their games played before i simulate the unplayed games tonight sans thauoftkidd?

week two games can begin 6pm EST.

viakado said:
does anyone need more time to get their games played before i simulate the unplayed games tonight sans thauoftkidd?

Diddy just pm'd and said he can't make it today, but our game can be rescheduled. have not been able to contact 3rdamention at all.

Big Baybee said:
Diddy just pm'd and said he can't make it today, but our game can be rescheduled. have not been able to contact 3rdamention at all.
duly noted about your game with 3rd.
as for as simmed games are concerned, unless if its scheduled for a later date, i will sim them. let me guys know if your opponent has been MIA or ignoring your messages.

SamuraiX-

rinse82 said:
Good job man, good to hear you got it fixed. Hopefully it stays that way.

Same... but it's supposed to be only a temporary fix, so I should probably prepare to do this again. :lol

I just hope it doesn't die again before we can at least finish the 1st season of our league. :(

viak, if I can't get to my game with encal today, are you gonna sim it? I'm not sure how late I'll be home today but I should be able to play him tonight or tomorrow.

SamuraiX- said:
Same... but it's supposed to be only a temporary fix, so I should probably prepare to do this again. :lol

I just hope it doesn't die again before we can at least finish the 1st season of our league. :(

viak, if I can't get to my game with encal today, are you gonna sim it? I'm not sure how late I'll be home today but I should be able to play him tonight or tomorrow.
within a reasonable timeframe is fine.
like i said, if you guys dont ask me to hold off your games, im going to sim and/or assign the winner to whom has been actively getting a hold of their opponent.
so anyone looking to postpone their games, let me know now.

these are the games being postponed:
- all magic games (3gms)
- Celtics vs. Hornets

seattle6418 said:
I still have to play my game against the Blazers, i thought it was up for tonight?

Let the commish decide...
below is your answer. moris is the blazers owner.
MorisUkunRasik said:
I'll hop on if anyone wants to get a game in, pm on neogaf and I'll log on to the league

SamuraiX-

viakado said:
within a reasonable timeframe is fine.
like i said, if you guys dont ask me to hold off your games, im going to sim and/or assign the winner to whom has been actively getting a hold of their opponent.
so anyone looking to postpone their games, let me know now.

- all magic games (3gms)
- Celtics vs. Hornets

If I can't get to it tonight then go ahead put my game on the list. Thank you. :)

Anyone else been having problems with the game? I've tried about 7 straight exhibitions and can't get past the 1st quarter. I had read about freezing glitches already. Today's the first day I've had problems. :/

Smokey

pistolpete2940 said:
Anyone else been having problems with the game? I've tried about 7 straight exhibitions and can't get past the 1st quarter. I had read about freezing glitches already. Today's the first day I've had problems. :/

no, just played lg game against moris no issues.

btothekw

viakado said:

have one more game with rdreamer, hes been busy so its been hard to get a hold of him. can i get some more time to reschedule this game if i cant play it tonight then saturday or sunday.

SamuraiX- said:
If I can't get to it tonight then go ahead put my game on the list. Thank you. :)

btothekw said:
have one more game with rdreamer, hes been busy so its been hard to get a hold of him. can i get some more time to reschedule this game if i cant play it tonight then saturday or sunday.
done.

- all magic games (3gms)
- Celtics vs. Hornets
- warriors vs. bucks
- kings vs. bulls

EDIT: i wonder if its just easier for me and everyone else to just wait til the end of the season to sim all missed game. And just keep advancing the schedule weekly.
there you wont have to worry about me simming games every week.

RDreamer

viakado said:
done.

- all magic games (3gms)
- Celtics vs. Hornets
- warriors vs. bucks
- kings vs. bulls

EDIT: i wonder if its just easier for me and everyone else to just wait til the end of the season to sim all missed game. And just keep advancing the schedule weekly.
Waiting till the end to sim would be great. An i should be anle to play later tonight sometime but im not sure when exactly ill be home yet. 7 pm central sounds like it should work

Or if youre worried about too many people putting games off you could sim 2 weeks after, so sim week 1 at the start of 3

SamuraiX-

viakado said:

I'm all for that idea.

RDreamer

btothekw said:

You able to play now by any chance? I'm home and the wife's cooking, so I'm free up for a bit.

Portland, Chicago, Orlando, New Jersey, and Miami for week two, are any of you available to play tomorrow during the day? I'm very free from about 6:30 AM to 1:30 central, so I'd like to get some games in.

btothekw

RDreamer said:
You able to play now by any chance? I'm home and the wife's cooking, so I'm free up for a bit.

Portland, Chicago, Orlando, New Jersey, and Miami for week two, are any of you available to play tomorrow during the day? I'm very free from about 6:30 AM to 1:30 central, so I'd like to get some games in.

just missed you i guess, im online right now if your checking gaf.

ALRIGHT GENTS, WEEK TWO IS HERE.

im opting to sim games on a weekly basis, it'll push people to finish their games asap instead of prolonging it. these are the games being postponed:
- all magic games (3gms)
- Celtics vs. Hornets
- warriors vs. bucks
- kings vs. bulls

the rest will be simmed when i get home later tonight.
so if you want to postpone your games, mention it now or succumb to the great randomizer.

---------------------------------------------------------------
MY WEEK 2 Schedule:
@ Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
@ Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies
@ Portland Blazers

Smokey

viakado said:
ALRIGHT GENTS, WEEK TWO IS HERE.

im opting to sim games on a weekly basis, it'll push people to finish their games asap instead of prolonging it. these are the games being postponed:
- all magic games (3gms)
- Celtics vs. Hornets
- warriors vs. bucks
- kings vs. bulls

the rest will be simmed when i get home later tonight.
so if you want to postpone your games, mention it now or succumb to the great randomizer.

---------------------------------------------------------------
MY WEEK 2 Schedule:
@ Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
@ Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies
@ Portland Blazers

mavs v thunder postpone

RDreamer

I don't know how much more of this I can take guys. It's really not that fun losing by over 20 every game and having no chance at all. I can't get used to how delayed and floaty the controls and everything are online, and I can't figure out how in fuck's name you guys are hitting completely covered 3 pointers when mine bounce off rim when I'm completely open. When I signed up I knew I'd be losing for the most part, and I thought I could take it, but now I'm not so sure...

ecnal

RDreamer said:
I don't know how much more of this I can take guys. It's really not that fun losing by over 20 every game and having no chance at all. I can't get used to how delayed and floaty the controls and everything are online, and I can't figure out how in fuck's name you guys are hitting completely covered 3 pointers when mine bounce off rim when I'm completely open. When I signed up I knew I'd be losing for the most part, and I thought I could take it, but now I'm not so sure...

don't worry, you'll play viakado soon enough. things will turn around then.

RDreamer said:
i recommend you scrim with pheeniks from the 360 league.
He's always a good pickmeupper.

alright, all unplayed week 1 games have been simmed.
except for:

- all magic games (3gms)
- Celtics vs. Hornets
- warriors vs. bucks
- kings vs. bulls

i'll give you guys til sun night to finish off your games.
- thauoftkidd, i know you're busy so i 'll give another week to get your last 3 games in before i sim them next friday. so essentially you have 8 games to play til then.
- Diddy, i simmed our game from the previous league play we had.

------------------------------
week 2 schedule:
@ Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
@ Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies
@ Portland Blazers

just hit me up on aim or pm if you're available.

Top Bottom