• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
spent like a dozen hours in myplayer and now i get this every time. this was happening a lot last week as well and it kept erasing my character and name so i just used the default for both because i was sick of making one.

SJyYjvM.jpg

thanks 2k glad you're happy about the game selling so well

Finally a reviewer has called out 2k for their crappy online:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k15/b/playstation4/archive/2014/10/13/nba-2k15-review.aspx

"If NBA 2K15 were firing on all cylinders, it would push FIFA as the best sports game on the market thanks to its best-in-class presentation, forward-looking franchise experience, and innovative MyCareer mode. But the decision to tie several game modes – some of which are experienced entirely offline, like MyCareer – to unstable servers that continue to have intermittent outages overshadows the great strides the game makes in other areas"

Myplayer should not need to connect to a server ever.

AcridMeat

Banned
Man domination in MyTeam ramps up hard once you get to the Lakers and beyond. Missed out on 3 stars by 30 stat "credits" despite winning by 20 against the Grizzlies, then only got 1 star against Brooklyn with a 15 point win. Joe Johnson was 13/15 that didn't help. They'd just waste clock and pass to him to chuck something and it would go in. They really need to give you stat credits for forcing turnovers and drawing fouls, there's no point in going to the free throw line because you can only get up to 2 points for it, when just making a shot would be 4 at least.

(PC here) i finally got some online games to 'work'. as expected with any sports game, this is way better online, as other humans don't have the bullshit button the cpu can trigger at any time. everyone i played in myteam mode had durant; lemme guess, is he the preorder bonus? i have a locker code for the preorder bonus but can't enter it bc all i can type are 'Y''s for some reason on the in game keyboard, awesome.

i kicked ass the two games i got to finish, and i had two games end due to connection issues. seemed like no one knew how to play basketball online, i'm not a master of the controls by any means i just know how to distribute the ball and run plays, the people i played all tried to drive or chuck bad 3s and it really hurt them like it ought to.

the mynba2k app is actually really fun imo. its the only phone game i really bother with and fills up lots of free time when i just have a few minutes with nothing else to do. about to level up my rare sean elliot since i already maxed out my ultra rare tony parker, diaw, and green cards from the loyalty bonus.

the reward for the first round of road to the playoffs sucked though, you don't even get a player just a bunch of contracts and bonuses. it takes so long to earn gold packs. but i feel like buying bronzes is kind of a waste if you don't have to...idk.

AcridMeat

Banned
(PC here) i finally got some online games to 'work'. as expected with any sports game, this is way better online, as other humans don't have the bullshit button the cpu can trigger at any time. everyone i played in myteam mode had durant; lemme guess, is he the preorder bonus? i have a locker code for the preorder bonus but can't enter it bc all i can type are 'Y''s for some reason on the in game keyboard, awesome.
Pre-order bonus yes, but he's only rated 82. And just use the mouse to enter the code.

Omega

Banned
this is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ujiWrurWw&feature=youtu.be&t=11m48s

holy fuck, hearing demarcus cousins VA at the end for the first time.. sounds like he is passing out

al jefferson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AejosR4kuzA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m3s this VA entertaining me more than the game

wow that's horrendous.

it's like that dude in high school the teacher would keep calling on to read when the dude could barely read

no surprise 2K puts in the absolute least amount of effort possible

wow that's horrendous.

it's like that dude in high school the teacher would keep calling on to read when the dude could barely read

no surprise 2K puts in the absolute least amount of effort possible

you blame 2k for that, really? they had to get like 30 nba players to read lines and the majority of them didn't exactly pay much attention in school past the time they hit puberty.

you blame 2k for that, really? they had to get like 30 nba players to read lines and the majority of them didn't exactly pay much attention in school past the time they hit puberty.

2K are to blame because this silly excuse for a mode should not be included.

It's embarrassing, cringeworthy and throws around some insulting stereotypes in the actions and even the voices themselves.

And NBA players are professional sports people, they aren't actors and shouldn't be expected to perform to your standards in a videogame.

Lrrr

That's precisely why the teacher kept calling on him/her. In 2K's defense, I'm sure it was difficult to one star player per team to read lines for the MyCareer mode. I mean, if a player doesn't want, or make the time, to be scanned (Deron Williams), he sure as hell isn't going to sit down and do VA work.

I can appreciate what 2K has tried to do with the MyCareer, but they need to stop with the story. It's clear they're not storytellers and they should focus their resources on crafting cutscenes for the big moments in a players career - draft, all-star, mvp, season-ending injuries, championship, free agency, being traded, retiring, etc. They also need to account for events like your player leading your team to multiple championships.

Make those great and leave out all the fluff and the mode will improve, but as of right now, it's a hilariously bad soap opera.

Getting this game on friday. I want to create a Shaq-like center but Last year I found so much difficulty just dunking the ball. Even with the added highlight reel pack etc couldn't allow my 7'1 Center to preform a dunk under the rim...it would always be a layup. Can anyone let me know if they fixed that?

Guffers

Deeply unimpressed with the PC port. I have an i54670k at 4.4 and a 780 and the game is a stuttery, janky mess. I get 1-2 second freezes at least 20 times a game.

An absolute mess and I'm really annoyed I paid full price.

Finally a reviewer has called out 2k for their crappy online:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k15/b/playstation4/archive/2014/10/13/nba-2k15-review.aspx

"If NBA 2K15 were firing on all cylinders, it would push FIFA as the best sports game on the market thanks to its best-in-class presentation, forward-looking franchise experience, and innovative MyCareer mode. But the decision to tie several game modes – some of which are experienced entirely offline, like MyCareer – to unstable servers that continue to have intermittent outages overshadows the great strides the game makes in other areas"

Myplayer should not need to connect to a server ever.

Good. It amazes me how much this game gets a pass when it comes to this. It's basically the SimCity of sports games. Great core plagued with online hurdles and problems.

It seems to reviewing lower than last year though because people are calling it out. So that's good. I just want MyPlayer completely offline without having to turn off my PS4 wireless ...

mtodavk

this is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ujiWrurWw&feature=youtu.be&t=11m48s

holy fuck, hearing demarcus cousins VA at the end for the first time.. sounds like he is passing out

al jefferson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AejosR4kuzA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m3s this VA entertaining me more than the game

Man, the only thing I could focus on was how incredibly annoying that dude in the video was. Just shut up.

The VA looks pretty hilariously bad though.

Guys - my career question, does anyone know how you earn badges ? Is there a cheat sheet for what it takes to earn them - for eg: make 250 assists to unlock the 'dimer' equivalent badge ?

Getting this game on friday. I want to create a Shaq-like center but Last year I found so much difficulty just dunking the ball. Even with the added highlight reel pack etc couldn't allow my 7'1 Center to preform a dunk under the rim...it would always be a layup. Can anyone let me know if they fixed that?
You never put the dunk package on your Myplayer.lol I had the same problem.

theWB27

So what's the consensus on 2k. I've played every single iteration since the Dreamcast days....is this the first year I sit out? Are the legacy gameplay problems still a problem? Unbreakable animations and such?

Hasney

So what's the consensus on 2k. I've played every single iteration since the Dreamcast days....is this the first year I sit out? Are the legacy gameplay problems still a problem? Unbreakable animations and such?

Enjoying it one helluva lot more than 2k14. It helps that my player hasn't been wiped on this one yet though,

Hasney

Got me thinking, do I at least bring it upto 95?

Probably still get screwed over.

Heh, I'm not actually sure to be honest. If it was a one off, I'd let it slide. If it's happening often, then fuck knows. People above were saying they had problems with dunks last year, but not so much with driving ones like that.

siah

Banned
Good. It amazes me how much this game gets a pass when it comes to this. It's basically the SimCity of sports games. Great core plagued with online hurdles and problems.

It seems to reviewing lower than last year though because people are calling it out. So that's good. I just want MyPlayer completely offline without having to turn off my PS4 wireless ...

I agree with all of this.

Top Bottom