• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Anyone get face scan to work correctly with kinect yet?

Yeah, works fine here. I've done a few scans in daylight and at night time with just house lighting, and daylight is honestly your only option. Overall, my scan did need some touchups in terms of facial modeling and luckily the game gives you complete control over it. I just got my wife's compact mirror and tried adjusting my face as best I could. As for the profile, I didn't really change anything but my nose, which is one of the main distinctions of anybody's profile.

Question: In MyPlayer mode, how exactly do the boosts work? I assume they are a temporarily boost to one category but there's nothing stating how long the boost lasts or how much VC it costs.

ViciousDS

Banned
Question: In MyPlayer mode, how exactly do the boosts work? I assume they are a temporarily boost to one category but there's nothing stating how long the boost lasts or how much VC it costs.

Usually if you select the boost it will tell you how many days and how much VC for that many days

Also restarted my career....was playing SF but I've always hated the sluggish movement big men have.....you can react so quickly as a PG. Plus i love dunking at 6 foot lol

mbmonk

Would someone kindly mention the in game defensive options for the next gen version?

Does it have defensive settings for:
1) Pick and Roll defense for each offensive player? So I can set my defense to go under the PnR against poor shooters, go over on good shooters, or double team off a PnR?

2) Is there any setting for post defense? Can you specify fronting the post versus playing behind the post player?

I can't find any videos of the defense settings or any articles mentioning it. I apologies for asking for this.

Thank you.

Into

Those of you into season 2 in mycareer what options did you have? could you be traded? i am still 15 games away from playoffs

Mycareer is still really bad on defense. They still thinks it makes sense to switch you to an opponent so far away, that by the time you get to them, they can score and you loose a grade.

Those of you into season 2 in mycareer what options did you have? could you be traded? i am still 15 games away from playoffs

I haven't played a single game but I'm in Season 2. You can request a trade and it shows how interested each team is. I want to request trade to the Bulls but I'm wondering if Doc follows you if you get traded. Nobody knows!

ViciousDS

Banned
I haven't even bothered upgrading defence as yet.

Got some VC and just went all in for shooting and dunking, very happy with him so far.

Was doing that until kevin durant and LeBron blew past me lol. That lateral quickness is that new response stat, that determines how fast you can move while defending

zychi

Banned
gave it a whirl on my buddy's xbox. this is what it thinks i look like:

u9M9YaU.png

2014-10-11 10:55:52
We are experiencing temporary service interruptions that may affect various game modes. We appreciate your patience and are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Right back to where we belong!

zychi

Banned
I think you have to go to the main menu, and it's one one of the two that takes you to another menu

Can't even do that. Won't let me log into the myaccount shit because of the shit 2k servers. So glad I didn't buy this. I gave up and decided to play something else.

ViciousDS

Banned
Pass derozen open 3!!!!!! Brick......pass again open 3....brick, opponent to Tim Duncan contested 3!.....made, seriously what the fuck. Hall of fame difficulty and open 3's can't be. made by teammates

Into

You can form big 3, call players up and even trash them on the social media thing. Being the superb athlete i am, i called out Rondo for being a fucking punkass right before the Celtics game, then i was all over him, we won and he wrote on social media "SMH".

Thats right, i am like cheap toilet paper babeh' i dont take crap from nobody!

But enjoying the game, playing for Pelicans to team with my main mayn' Anthony Davis and Asik who cant fuckin score no matter what. The western conference is balls hard, went on a three game winning streak beating up eastern scrubs then Memphis just killed me, at home. People left and even Pharell and his park ranger hat was there.

What are the chances you get the team you want to be traded to? I assume the percentages matter a great deal

What difficulty do you guys use in MyCareer? I've been using Pro but might go up to All Star.

I've been sticking to Pro, as I find it this difficulty a LOT easier than last year. When I've played MyCareer/MyPlayer in the past, I typically go to Rookie because I want my guy to be a complete bad-ass prodigy. This year, I'm getting similar results on Pro as I did Rookie last year, so I'm leaving it for more VC per game.

RS4-

I haven't played a single game but I'm in Season 2. You can request a trade and it shows how interested each team is. I want to request trade to the Bulls but I'm wondering if Doc follows you if you get traded. Nobody knows!

Second season, signed with Sixers, got Doc. Asked for and got traded to the Spurs a few games in, Pop was still the coach.

re: difficulty, I find games closer in HoF. On the default, your AI is just completely garbage.

ViciousDS

Banned
Here we playoffs against Cleveland.....fuck, my raptors are definitely going to get sweeped. Even on hall of fame no AI on my team knows how to hit open jumpers

Shady859

Can't believe this is actually a question but is there any to see your own record online? Lol seems obvious that it should be displayed unless I am blind...

I keep getting your opponent has left messages like 5 in a row tonight wanna see if I am taking losses because the stupid servers are trash as usual..

GravyButt

Can someone please give me some tips for defense and driving the lane? Im a nba2k rook. Ive been having somewhat competive games against the ai. But still cant win.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Can't believe this is actually a question but is there any to see your own record online? Lol seems obvious that it should be displayed unless I am blind...

I keep getting your opponent has left messages like 5 in a row tonight wanna see if I am taking losses because the stupid servers are trash as usual..

Yeah man at the main menu, go into options/settings (forget which of the two they call it off the top of my head) and click on VIP, gives you your stats for MyPark as well.

The servers for 2K15 are even worse than the last game. It's rare that I'm actually able to finish an online quick game and the park is nearly impossible. This will be the last 2K I buy until they get their servers in order smh.

Loakum

Banned
The servers for 2K15 are even worse than the last game. It's rare that I'm actually able to finish an online quick game and the park is nearly impossible. This will be the last 2K I buy until they get their servers in order smh.

I agree with this. In fact, I will take it a step further and say I enjoyed last year's version better than this one. I'm glad I didn't trade it in.

Shady859

Yeah man at the main menu, go into options/settings (forget which of the two they call it off the top of my head) and click on VIP, gives you your stats for MyPark as well.

Thank you for this! Looks like all those disconnected problems today counted for a 5 win streak for me lol. Barely makes up for he fact that after playing some Career mode I hopped into park and swiftly won 2 games BUT of course just before 3 in a row it crashed to dashboard. Bout to hang up online for a few weeks all together.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
the new leveling system in mc is stupid. mc should be like an RPG game, why they force me to upgrade things I don't care about? can't upgrade specific things and have to level up the entire package is really a crappy way to do it.

Looks like I dodged a bullet by not buying this on release. This may actually be the first time I've learned my lesson after the shit show that was MyCareer on 2k14 on xbone.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Looks like I dodged a bullet by not buying this on release. This may actually be the first time I've learned my lesson after the shit show that was MyCareer on 2k14 on xbone.

there are many improvements in mc. you play half season then can go to your favorite team, better storyline, better difficulties..ect mc 2015 is really good even with the crappy lvl system this time.

Iit's always the small things that sucks, always the small things with 2K sports, it's like they refuse to not fail in something and annoys the players.

Dranakin

I'm on Pro setting and losing consistently by 20+. I watched the tutorial videos, but nothing ever works: shots are always too early or late, guys always blow pass me on defense. How the hell do you get good at this game?

Ponchito

Last year I couldn't advance through the Playoffs because of a glitch on MyGM. It took 2K some weeks to fix it. Really frustrating. Anyone encountered something like this?

Bond007

Last year I couldn't advance through the Playoffs because of a glitch on MyGM. It took 2K some weeks to fix it. Really frustrating. Anyone encountered something like this?

Not last year, but 2k13 i couldn't win the championship. It would freeze after the final buzzer EVERYTIME. Was Bullshit
Was never fixed so i quit...wasnt about to do that shit again.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm on Pro setting and losing consistently by 20+. I watched the tutorial videos, but nothing ever works: shots are always too early or late, guys always blow pass me on defense. How the hell do you get good at this game?

Your shots for the most part will always be slightly early or late(perfect is very narrow)....its the new shooting mechanic and im starting to hate it more and more. I get destroyed on HOF with teams shooting 88%.. how the fuck do you shoot 70%+ every game. Then your teammates cant shoot an open ball for their lives, they always miss. Yet george hill run in, get triple teamed and make a fadeaway jumper.....garbage.

Seems the most realistic difficulty is superstar or all-star. .still testing them out.

Also try changing your game style too casual And lower game speed to 45. That should help you as well

Double D

In 2K14 MyCareer I was stuck at the beginning of the Rising Stars game for like 2 months.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Just finished my first season of MyCareer and it ended with a 3OT win over the Thunder which I'm very happy about. Does any know if it's possible to win Rookie of the Year? I average 29.5ppg, 6rpg, 4ast, 1 stl and 1blk but didn't win or even come close.

Edit: Just started Free Agency and because of my play, I got a offer from every team. lol.

Top Bottom