• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

2K are to blame because this silly excuse for a mode should not be included.

It's embarrassing, cringeworthy and throws around some insulting stereotypes in the actions and even the voices themselves.

And NBA players are professional sports people, they aren't actors and shouldn't be expected to perform to your standards in a videogame.

Wholeheartedly agree

Jonm1010

Banned
So what's the consensus on 2k. I've played every single iteration since the Dreamcast days....is this the first year I sit out? Are the legacy gameplay problems still a problem? Unbreakable animations and such?
I'm enjoying it more then 2k14 for sure but I think it depends on what you are looking to get out of it. Online is basically broken right now from what I understand: server issues, gameplay lag, etc.

Offline, while I like it, I wish I had waited til the patches hit like I normally do.

The issues I have:

Points in the paint and ridiculous offensive rebounds/put backs from the CPU makes the game unrralistic and frustrating. You pretty much have to icon pass because X passing is broken. And on the flip side the CPU has unrealistically perfect court vision at times. Characters still move like they are in mud which makes playing on-ball defense against better opponents near impossible still.

Still this year I don't feel like the cpu is straight up cheating like last year where garbage players hit every look they get or players almost always make driving buckets or contested shots.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm enjoying it more then 2k14 for sure but I think it depends on what you are looking to get out of it. Online is basically broken right now from what I understand: server issues, gameplay lag, etc.

Offline, while I like it, I wish I had waited til the patches hit like I normally do.

The issues I have:

Points in the paint and ridiculous offensive rebounds/put backs from the CPU makes the game unrralistic and frustrating. You pretty much have to icon pass because X passing is broken. And on the flip side the CPU has unrealistically perfect court vision at times. Characters still move like they are in mud which makes playing on-ball defense against better opponents near impossible still.

Still this year I don't feel like the cpu is straight up cheating like last year where garbage players hit every look they get or players almost always make driving buckets or contested shots.

yes, and jeremy lin can get tripled team and consistently make contested shots.....this game is so stupid. I'm sorry but triple team shots should RARELY go in, but apparently every CPU person can make them no problem. YET, wide open jumpers from McDermott and Mirotic will never go in. I have even seen Ray Allen miss a bunch of wide open shots....yet CPU controlled team....makes everything. I saw Dion waiters go 15/17 in a game with nothing but contested shots.

Well at least I can see that others on the 2K forum have the same problem of not being able to connect at all. Unfortunately seems like too small of an amount for 2K to ever care about.

Into

I cant connect either, yet there are people streaming the game and playing online.

=/ I just wanted to play some basketball, alone, is that too much to axe?

AcridMeat

Banned
Ugh I got 675 which is enough for 2 stars and it gave me the reward in the post game screen, then disappeared when I exited and tried to open it. :(

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Dayumn I just picked this up cuz I loved last years 2k game but my buddy said he didn't think it was worth buying and now this thread has me scurrred. Only reason I got it without doing research really was because I got way more than I expected back in trade ins at GameStop and had enough to throw at an extra game so I just said give me nba2k15. If my career is tied to some inconsistent online server that prevents me from playing I think I gotta take this back. It's still in the wrapper thankfully.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Dayumn I just picked this up cuz I loved last years 2k game but my buddy said he didn't think it was worth buying and now this thread has me scurrred. Only reason I got it without doing research really was because I got way more than I expected back in trade ins at GameStop and had enough to throw at an extra game so I just said give me nba2k15. If my career is tied to some inconsistent online server that prevents me from playing I think I gotta take this back. It's still in the wrapper thankfully.

gamefly it son!

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
gamefly it son!

Yeah I think that's what Im gonna do but dammit I got bayoneta sitting in my queue and don't want to miss out on having that shipped day 1 lol. Thinking Ill just take it back and get alien isolation. Taking on two survival horror games at once is gonna fuck me up seeing as I got evil within today lol. It is that time of year tho. Bummed this years 2k isn't up to par, that's some bullshit.

what's the best position for myplayer? i played as an SG in the last gen version and it sucked bc i got too many 'BAD CALL FOR PASS' calls even though they weren't bad calls, so frustrating. so i'm thinking pg, but i'm not good at the dribble moves yet. i like to bomb 3s, i would like to distribute but the interior passing in this game is kind of frustrating....even great passers can't seem to thread the needle well unless i'm doing something wrong...and don't even think about throwing passes without using the total control pass LB thing.

anyway i know the CPU sucks shit at scoring but is anything else annoying about being a PG? i might just say fuck it and become a russel westbrook chucker, seems better than getting bitched at for requesting passes when you're wide open at SG or SF, but idk if this version is any better on those fronts.

One thing that changed is you don't loose points for "bad calls" anymore. It just gives a notification that the call was ignored.

that's freaking awesome, and i'm very glad i asked before starting the mode

i think i might go with an SF because the rebounding actually doesn't suck balls this year..

ViciousDS

Banned
what's the best position for myplayer? i played as an SG in the last gen version and it sucked bc i got too many 'BAD CALL FOR PASS' calls even though they weren't bad calls, so frustrating. so i'm thinking pg, but i'm not good at the dribble moves yet. i like to bomb 3s, i would like to distribute but the interior passing in this game is kind of frustrating....even great passers can't seem to thread the needle well unless i'm doing something wrong...and don't even think about throwing passes without using the total control pass LB thing.

anyway i know the CPU sucks shit at scoring but is anything else annoying about being a PG? i might just say fuck it and become a russel westbrook chucker, seems better than getting bitched at for requesting passes when you're wide open at SG or SF, but idk if this version is any better on those fronts.

you dont get deducted points for calling passes(just really really bad calls and if it gets intercepted).....now it just says ignored request. So play as SG as you see fit.

No idea yeah.

Log into Steam version and am greeted with the popup that the servers are offline and thus, many game modes unplayable.

The Sim City of basketball games indeed. I really wish sports games had a bigger impact in the gaming media. 2K need to be called out on their brand as much as EA have been of late.

Into

I looked into it

The "Connect" button does seemingly nothing, it loads/saves and quits, no message. However though it says that MyCareer is "NO VC POINTS", you can manually load your save, by pressing Triangle, and you actually earn VC still, the game saves and upon leaving and entering actually does "count".

Not only that, but the app also works fine, its already up to speed with the stats from the game i just played.

My expert conclusion: The connect button is broken, the game is actually online, to some extent, it has to be for me to get VC points and for the App to work.

I made a thread about this last year, but in the end it turned out to be that 2K had a very long connection loop cycle in place which kept trying to connect to their servers for 2-3 minutes. If left long enough it would let you play offline, but you had to create an offline save profile.

Not sure if this is similar as I didn't buy this year's version.

gunner13

Neo Member
I've owned every NBA2K since the OG on Dreamcast, and this is the first year I"m sitting it out. Why? Because all the above posts show that the servers are still A FUCKING MESS!!! As a player who only plays online, if the online doesn't work the game is useless to a player like me.

Are there any 2K branded games (GTA, Max Payne, etc.) that don't have server issues? I feel as a company they really have major issues when it comes to server related anything, going all thru last-gen as well.

Any advice on managing lineups in MyTeam? I want to have a few presets like the following:

- Default (Assign each position based on best overall rating)
- Speed (Like what you'd get in the quick sub menu)
- Tall (Same as above)

Is there no way to at least default to best overall and let me make replacements? As far as I can tell there's not even a way to see the overall score for a player. When I open new packs and I get another handful of mid-level players I just want to have the option of mixing them in automatically.

Why is this mode so intentionally difficult to the point I feel like I need pen & paper to keep track of this shit? I'd love to play with lineups, but this level of micro-management is driving me nuts.

Sit down Eric Gordan, I'm taking your spot B^)

Slim Duncan made it to the starting line up, I want that Nike endorsement so I can get those 2K15 KD shoes, if its like the lebron shoe contest last year

I have no idea how to equip shoes , I wear scrub gear 24/7

Dream Wanderer

Neo Member
I've owned every NBA2K since the OG on Dreamcast, and this is the first year I"m sitting it out. Why? Because all the above posts show that the servers are still A FUCKING MESS!!! As a player who only plays online, if the online doesn't work the game is useless to a player like me.

Are there any 2K branded games (GTA, Max Payne, etc.) that don't have server issues? I feel as a company they really have major issues when it comes to server related anything, going all thru last-gen as well.

servers have been fucked since 08 brah

you either learn to play with the laggy online or you basically just play offline unfortunately

sadly, Live doesn't offer a decent alternative or I'd have bailed a while back

Into

I can't even download my mycareer save file in this "state"

Well that is just weird

I have no idea what is going on, or why some of us affected and why others are not. Really annoying

The Purchase VC button is gone completely from my Career, i assume temporarily, because they arent letting go of that free money.

Korezo

I find this version worst than 2k14, this game is a loadfest and has all the same problems or more than 2k14. I never was going to even bother with this game but my sister bought it for me. Terrible ass game judging just from MyCareer, game feels and looks so sloppy like if it was only worked on for a month. MyCareer is full of bugs and glitches. I can't even play MyPark and the servers lost my KD throwback preorder card which I never received.

theWB27

Enjoying it one helluva lot more than 2k14. It helps that my player hasn't been wiped on this one yet though,

I heard about the wipe. and constantly losing faces.

The issues I have:

I don't play online, but I can't see why 2K, for all their glitz, still can't get the basics right. I stayed away from Madden going on 6 years now(this years version was pretty good when I rented it)...it's looking like 2K is gonna be skipped for awhile. I can't do their legacy issues anymore.

They had top engineers working on their online for a full year straight, working on nothing but the online, and it still comes out the gate broken. SMh...

Takuan

yes, and jeremy lin can get tripled team and consistently make contested shots.....this game is so stupid. I'm sorry but triple team shots should RARELY go in, but apparently every CPU person can make them no problem. YET, wide open jumpers from McDermott and Mirotic will never go in. I have even seen Ray Allen miss a bunch of wide open shots....yet CPU controlled team....makes everything. I saw Dion waiters go 15/17 in a game with nothing but contested shots.

I haven't really been seeing that in an entire season's play, Paul Pierce excepted (he always lights me up like he's early-mid 2000s Truth, for some reason). Generally, if I'm getting destroyed by a player it's typically a top-tier point guard - my player's position, and usually because I failed to defend properly. Better spacing has helped with this.

My biggest beef so far is the terrible help defense and poor teammate conversion % on open shots. Thankfully, I'm now on the Mavs and it's a noticeable difference, at least in terms of conversion rates; I guess that mirrors the experience of going from an awful team to a championship contender.

Into

JR Smith is the guy on the Knicks who talks, the "mentor", which is hilarious

He sounds pretty high and fucked up, so basically nailed JR Smith perfectly

Jonm1010

Banned
I heard about the wipe. and constantly losing faces.

I don't play online, but I can't see why 2K, for all their glitz, still can't get the basics right. I stayed away from Madden going on 6 years now(this years version was pretty good when I rented it)...it's looking like 2K is gonna be skipped for awhile. I can't do their legacy issues anymore.

They had top engineers working on their online for a full year straight, working on nothing but the online, and it still comes out the gate broken. SMh...

I didn't even mention this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApNWzChrCqo

The broken shot meter is probably one of the worst implemented gameplay features I have seen. I mean this is ridiculous and should never have been allowed to release in this state.

gunner13

Neo Member
servers have been fucked since 08 brah

you either learn to play with the laggy online or you basically just play offline unfortunately

sadly, Live doesn't offer a decent alternative or I'd have bailed a while back

Ya there's always been issues, but last year's game took the cake! There were times in Feb., March, April that I still couldn't play my friends online because servers were broke. Literally 9 out of 10 times I would try to play the game simply couldn't work as servers were always busted. I can come to grips with issues out the gate, but when your game is still broken 5 months after release and the whole game won't work unless it's online thats where they lost me.

I'm not alone, my circle of 5 friends that play with me around the country have all passed on this years version as a result of 2k14. I don't see their sales taking a big hit this year as the install base wasn't that big for current gen 2K, however with whats going on now I can totally see a sales dip in 2K's future for 2K16.

I'm hoping for a free version of Live 15 with EA Pass, I got a feeling they will have it free at launch if their game is good, as they will want to show people there product is good.

I turned off the shot meter

Shit is way too distracting

I've also learned to just pass out every offensive rebound I get unless there is no one within a 6 foot radius of me

Korezo

Anyone here have 90+ rating on layups and still miss? because I keep put points to it thinking the easy layups I keep shooting wont miss but if it still does might as well level something else, I miss at least 10 or more easy layups a game at rating 85.

Anyone here have 90+ rating on layups and still miss? because I keep put points to it thinking the easy layups I keep shooting wont miss but if it still does might as well level something else, I miss at least 10 or more easy layups a game at rating 85.

They've reduced layup success greatly. Pisses us off, but on the other side of the coin. It allows rebound numbers to be accurate.

They'll patch it though. They always do.

AcridMeat

Banned
My god the AI fucks you every which way it can. Nerlens Noel just failed an under the basket lay up while being guarded by Vince Carter. Fuck you game.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
anyone else noticing stuttering from time to time? seems like it happens before replays and occasionally when things get clogged in the paint. PS4 btw.

Mahonay

Banned
Been doing pretty well in the My Player mode so far as a point gaurd. I'm on a horrible ass Magic team, but my player has gotten good enough to help carry the team for wins over bad/average teams.

Getting assists is pretty hilarious since no one on my team seems capable of hitting jumpers more than 2 out of 10 times. Which forces me to drive to the hoop, and pass to anyone under the rim. Vučević happens to be the only player who is ever down there. Poor guy goes on terrible cold streaks as he is forced to put up defended shots. At least I get my 8 or assists per game...

Most times it's easier for me to try and create shots myself than trying to pass to my teammates that play like they belong in the D league. Of course they know how to play perfectly fine any time I'm not on the court.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Can someone help me with my controller? I had to put new triggers on since mine broke, and now when I play, it acts as if the right trigger is being pressed down the whole time when it isn't. Only when the back of the controller is attached does it act like this. Left trigger works fine, it's just the right one.

Top Bottom