• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

lol I picked a fight with the ref and after wards the media PR lady is like "you won't lose your cool right?" and i said I'll be nice and then I answer nice on the first two questions, then the 3rd one he asks "do you feel like you let your teammates down", I didn't get a choice to answer, and he blew up and now everyone is lecturing me!

Double D

I haven't played this game in ages but continue to get the free VC from the app. I'm up to about 35,000 right now. I figure I'll jump back in shortly and wreck some shit.

maladroid

I've been playing a second mycareer file, and came across an issue changing shoes. I thought 'oh, maybe it's confused because I have a shoe deal on one, but not this file'. Fast forward to me finally getting my shoe deal, and I still can't change shoes.

I haven't checked in on this thread in a while, but has anybody figured out how to fix this?

I've been playing a second mycareer file, and came across an issue changing shoes. I thought 'oh, maybe it's confused because I have a shoe deal on one, but not this file'. Fast forward to me finally getting my shoe deal, and I still can't change shoes.

I haven't checked in on this thread in a while, but has anybody figured out how to fix this?
It's something 2K has to fix

Soooo you're SOL

Lrrr

This guy came up with a video on how to farm MT points using 2 accounts. Too much of a hassle for me to do. But what's funny is how fast Ronnie2K responded to it

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/552999604535705600

They respond to these with the quickness because it makes people buy less VC, but you still can't change shoes in Mycareer, lol.

This isn't surprising in the least. Last year, someone found a way to earn lots of VC quickly for your MyPlayer and 2K responded by patching it out a few days later. All the other glitches remained in the game and were never fixed, which illustrates what the company's priorities are. This is why I hope NBA Live can make a major comeback. Video game basketball needs competition.

Fjordson

This guy came up with a video on how to farm MT points using 2 accounts. Too much of a hassle for me to do. But what's funny is how fast Ronnie2K responded to it

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/552999604535705600

They respond to these with the quickness because it makes people buy less VC, but you still can't change shoes in Mycareer, lol.
Lame. Protect the shitty VC system at all cost, but forget everything else.

I'm mildly enjoying My Career so far, but the cracks start to show once you get starter minutes. Still a lot of gameplay issues and weird glitches.

I think ball handling feels okay, I like all the dribble animations, and how your shot changes depending on your momentum and how you're moving your player. Defense feels sluggish, though, and some of the misses when teammates are wide open (and the makes when the CPU is covered and fading away from 3) are really frustrating. Rebounding doesn't feel as bad as 2K14 to me, but it's still inconsistent.

And there are just so many weird small problems. Like last night I got knocked down by a defender for some reason and so my player starts to get up using this really slow animation. I guess he was dazed or something. But while I'm trying to get up, I get called for 3 in the key and get credited with a turnover. Lmao like what the fuck. Or when the game suddenly decides to switch my defensive assignment because my CPU teammate decided to leave his man for no reason. And it switches right as the guy is putting up an open shot so of course I get penalized for "let man score" and lose rating.

RBK

Banned
Lame. Protect the shitty VC system at all cost, but forget everything else.

I'm mildly enjoying My Career so far, but the cracks start to show once you get starter minutes. Still a lot of gameplay issues and weird glitches.

I think ball handling feels okay, I like all the dribble animations, and how your shot changes depending on your momentum and how you're moving your player. Defense feels sluggish, though, and some of the misses when teammates are wide open (and the makes when the CPU is covered and fading away from 3) are really frustrating. Rebounding doesn't feel as bad as 2K14 to me, but it's still inconsistent.

And there are just so many weird small problems. Like last night I got knocked down by a defender for some reason and so my player starts to get up using this really slow animation. I guess he was dazed or something. But while I'm trying to get up, I get called for 3 in the key and get credited with a turnover. Lmao like what the fuck. Or when the game suddenly decides to switch my defensive assignment because my CPU teammate decided to leave his man for no reason. And it switches right as the guy is putting up an open shot so of course I get penalized for "let man score" and lose rating.

It's the worst.

2K being 2K.

I had a play once where I went for a game-tying shot with about 7 seconds left, missed it, had two other players collide going for the put back and get stuck in a recovery animation. The ball fell on to them and started bouncing around on their butts, and I had to watch the remaining 6 or so seconds agonizingly tick off the clock as they casually rolled around and everyone else just sort of vibrated against them like electronic football pieces.

I can forgive those rare issues--the one that seems to come up incessantly is the one where an opponent gets a 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 fast break, and your teammates are ahead of them or alongside them right up until the part where they take the shot, at which point your teammates inexplicably drop into a low defensive stance and just let the guy go up for an uncontested dunk. This happens Every. Single. Fast. Break.

The game really needs to work on last second out of bound shots. Like, when you have 2 seconds, you should get a much better look than "Pass the ball to half court and jack it up right away"
-This is in my player mode

Fjordson

I had a play once where I went for a game-tying shot with about 7 seconds left, missed it, had two other players collide going for the put back and get stuck in a recovery animation. The ball fell on to them and started bouncing around on their butts, and I had to watch the remaining 6 or so seconds agonizingly tick off the clock as they casually rolled around and everyone else just sort of vibrated against them like electronic football pieces.
Lmfao. Man. Shit like that is so frustrating. And those bizarre problems seem to be a lot more prevalent these days than they were in say 2k11 or 2K12.

My other recent favourite "addition" is celebration animations after your team makes a big play. The ones where the game takes complete control away from the player. My guy will start doing some stupid shit and getting hyped but for some reason he always moves towards the sideline when he does it. And I literally have no control when this is happening. So a few times now the CPU will spot up at the 3 point line and get a quick bucket because my dumb ass is celebrating in the backcourt.

My other recent favourite "addition" is celebration animations after your team makes a big play. The ones where the game takes complete control away from the player. My guy will start doing some stupid shit and getting hyped but for some reason he always moves towards the sideline when he does it. And I literally have no control when this is happening. So a few times now the CPU will spot up at the 3 point line and get a quick bucket because my dumb ass is celebrating in the backcourt.

This happens to me so much and it pisses me off. I wonder if it's because I'm animated in questions asked

Lmfao. Man. Shit like that is so frustrating. And those bizarre problems seem to be a lot more prevalent these days than they were in say 2k11 or 2K12.

IIRC sprinting overrides the celebrations (not during camera cutaways, I think but as soon as it goes back to the normal view). It's a little slow to respond sometimes, but I don't think it's ever cost me on defense.

The game really needs to work on last second out of bound shots. Like, when you have 2 seconds, you should get a much better look than "Pass the ball to half court and jack it up right away"
-This is in my player mode

They're an unmitigated disaster. Even if you're in the half court, they usually never set you up with anything other than the standard "guard stands near 3 pt line, receives short pass with no screen to free him up." With 2-3 seconds left, there's no time to do anything other than jack up the same old heavily contested three pointer ever single time.

The only 2k game they need to bring back is football. Maybe hockey.

Nope.

10EQj+

The atmosphere in college games is enough alone to justify a separate game. I should have known my interest wouldn't hold, but Madden was the biggest waste of $60 I spent on games this year, but I'm sure I would have played the crap out of NCAA Football.

Imagining how much the College Hoops series would have pushed the 2k engine and improved it for the NBA series in the last six years (!) gets me depressed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haxWHpHvjDw

Lrrr

I can forgive those rare issues--the one that seems to come up incessantly is the one where an opponent gets a 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 fast break, and your teammates are ahead of them or alongside them right up until the part where they take the shot, at which point your teammates inexplicably drop into a low defensive stance and just let the guy go up for an uncontested dunk. This happens Every. Single. Fast. Break.

Yes, you can see Rudy Gay do that nonsense in this video here.

Does anyone know when you actually get your sneaker deal? Seriously, I've been Player of the Week and Month a dozen times, did multiple double doubles and still nothing. Do I really need a buzzer beater game just to get it, because that would be ridiculous.

Does anyone know when you actually get your sneaker deal? Seriously, I've been Player of the Week and Month a dozen times, did multiple double doubles and still nothing. Do I really need a buzzer beater game just to get it, because that would be ridiculous.
Didn't get it until the middle of my 3rd season, and no you don't need to beat the buzzer beater challenge, still haven't even gotten the chance myself.

Didn't get it until the middle of my 3rd season, and no you don't need to beat the buzzer beater challenge, still haven't even gotten the chance myself.

I have played like 107 actual games and I still haven't gotten shit

I simmed a bunch...I'm now in like my 6th season, I think

68 games to go until my player is fully maxed out ;_;

norm9

I never got really far in MyCareer in previous games because I'd make an IRL version of me in the game, meaning a 5'9" point guard weakling that'd get pushed around all game.

This year, I changed up my stats to being a 6'7" 200lb point guard. I'm driving to the basket every possession and is making it a lot more fun this time around.

Can't really tell the difference between this year and past few years' iterations though.

Last night I was so annoyed I had to go to sleep early. Cause I had played in 2 straight rec center games where my team completely blew out the other team by 30-40 both times.

Like, never played with these guys, but everything seemed so natural and great. People shared the ball, we didn't have people simultaneously trying to do the same thing (like 2 people setting the same screen or cutting and clogging up the lane), people shared the ball, took as few asshole shots as possible, and would always find the big man open under the basket. It was so refreshing.

It was great to do that after my rec center experience from earlier in the day where afterwards I made a point guard out of rage. I just get so sick of backcourts who dribble left to right and try to go into the paint at the beginning of every play to see if they can get theirs. Only until they're clearly doubled or tripled do they pass out....with 10 seconds left on the shot clock and everyone in a clusterfuck because our point guard won't pass the fucking ball.

It's also really nice to see people who will pass the ball to big men down low. It's like people think that we create centers solely for the purpose of defense and rebounding.

Last night I was so annoyed I had to go to sleep early. Cause I had played in 2 straight rec center games where my team completely blew out the other team by 30-40 both times.

Like, never played with these guys, but everything seemed so natural and great. People shared the ball, we didn't have people simultaneously trying to do the same thing (like 2 people setting the same screen or cutting and clogging up the lane), people shared the ball, took as few asshole shots as possible, and would always find the big man open under the basket. It was so refreshing.

It was great to do that after my rec center experience from earlier in the day where afterwards I made a point guard out of rage. I just get so sick of backcourts who dribble left to right and try to go into the paint at the beginning of every play to see if they can get theirs. Only until they're clearly doubled or tripled do they pass out....with 10 seconds left on the shot clock and everyone in a clusterfuck because our point guard won't pass the fucking ball.

It's also really nice to see people who will pass the ball to big men down low. It's like people think that we create centers solely for the purpose of defense and rebounding.

It's always great when you find people like that to play with.

ohNOitsRO

Just gotta say, I've been playing a lot of MyPark lately, and I'm so disappointed in everyone I've come across in this mode..

It's like none of the Rajon Randos I've teamed up with have any idea how to actually play basketball.. Everyone I've come across is a kobe ball hog..

Motherfuckers rather take a contested shot with three people in their face then to pass it to one of the two open teammates..

It kinda ruins MyPark when all you see is those wannabe kobes that end up on my team, or when the other team abuses the bullshit alley oops

maladroid

On my second career, I got it around Christmas time in my second season (played playoffs in first season). No simming. 40 or 50 games starting, I think? I can only wear the one pair of shoes anyway, since 2K still haven't fixed that damn glitch.

On my second career, I got it around Christmas time in my second season (played playoffs in first season). No simming. 40 or 50 games starting, I think? I can only wear the one pair of shoes anyway, since 2K still haven't fixed that damn glitch.

Did you have to do anything to get it or did you just play? This whole system is so inconsistent with no clear avenue to get it.........Ridiculous.

maladroid

Did you have to do anything to get it or did you just play? This whole system is so inconsistent with no clear avenue to get it.........Ridiculous.
I don't think I did anything specific, no. I don't really know why that Ellis fellow shows up any of the three times you need him to for the deal.

I still haven't gotten the buzzer beater sponsorship, but I had all the other little ones including State Farm and Gatorade.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im sure the league wont break along the way, guys. Its not like thats happened the past 4 years or so

Justified

Voice chat on PS4 MyPark still broken and It seems like Im the only one asking them about it, and of course they answer everything but my question.

If you have a ask them about PS4 MyPark Voice chat. Might have to start a NBAGAF twitter campaign

kasane

my god mygm is retarded hahahahahaha

played the 76ers for fun and i just tanked the first year and traded for first rounders. (i got 8 in the end)

second season embiid was 90+ overall. mcw was 89 and noel was 90 as well. Plus my impossibly good players from the draft. Traded for a lottery pick during the season ( cause owner wanted one. ) We won the nba championship and had a regular season record of 71-11.
yes i simmed through the season.
And the lottery pick i got off the nuggets was the first overall pick.

Im crying

jesus

NHale

So progression is borked on the game? Starting to lose interest to continue my franchise considering I recently started my Lakers franchise and made 3 trades just by playing with the trade finder tool with every player that transformed my team from a 0-2 start (with 20pts defeats) to a 7-win streak with wins (some very close) against good teams like the Clippers, Spurs, Warriors, Grizzlies.

It shouldn't be like that but it worked because I thought AI GM are still not that smart...

Trade #1: Wayne Ellington + 2016 Lakers 1st round for Gary Neal + 2015 Hornets 1st round
Trade #2: Gary Neal + 2018 Rockets 1st round for Nikola Mirotic + 2015 Bulls 1st round
Trade #3: Jordan Hill for Giannis Antetokounmpo

Trade #2 and #3 would never happen in real life. You could get a lot better for a good stretch 4 like Mirotic especially with his cap friendly contract than Gary Neal and a long term 1st rounder.

Trade #3 is even worse because they already have Larry Sanders but it seems the CPU AI looks at their roster and see Jabari Parker > Giannis at the same position and consider him expendable despite him being younger and with a very friendly contract for the next 2 years.

And for some reason Ray Allen decided he wanted to join the Lakers with a very small offer. So now my starting 5 is Ed Davis + Randle + Giannis + Kobe + Nash with Boozer, Mirotic, Swaggy P, Allen and Lin on the bench.

And to add insult to injury I got rid of the possibility of Jordan Hill opting in for next year and eating 10M of cap and instead got back players with 2+ years on the current contract but at much lesser cap like Mirotic (5M) and Giannis (2M). So now I have a much better team, more 1st rounders in 2015 and still 20M in cap space to attack Marc Gasol on free agency.

It feels like I'm playing GM on easy mode.

Yeah its hilarious...did something similar with my Lakers in my first MyGM ever. Completely simmed the first season only doing trades and got the 1st round picks from Philly, Orlando and Phoenix with similar absurd trades which resulted in me drafting Okafor, Mudiay and S. Johnson....

But I dont care, Im having a blast now with my starting five being Mudiay, Bryant, S. Johnson, Randle and Okafor...

RS4-

Lol 2k's solution to fixing people "exploiting" the MT thing with myteam: remove bonuses, just give you players you can't auction.

Yeah 2k is the worst game development company on this planet...If you are starting a new MyTeam now theres absolutely no way to generate enough MT to create a good team except for buying their f*** useless overprized packs or getting extremely lucky playing domination and pulling some good cards out of it and sell them.

fritolay

I rented the game for some multiplayer fun.

I haven't played a NBA game for several years. Can you play 2 player COOP same screen? Offline or online?

Top Bottom