• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm still getting used to the gameplay (they sure have changed some things since last gen), but I basically played MyGM yesterday and had a blast with it

MattDoza

The dunk contest is nothing but a scorecard screwjob. I'll throw down some of the hardest dunks and get a 25. CPU will come out with the most basic dunks and get a 46. SMH

Pro tip: You can pause and go to the XMB and close application and just restart. It'll load you right back into the contest. I'm going to keep trying until I get decent judges scores.

RBK

Banned
Late to the thread, but I have to ask...

Does anyone else have trouble staying in front of your man with on-ball defense? Any sudden movement and I just slide out of place leaving the opening to the lane or I give up too much space for a wide open jumper.

A lot has changed from 2K14 on 360, which was a step back in the series for me.

MattDoza

Late to the thread, but I have to ask...

Does anyone else have trouble staying in front of your man with on-ball defense? Any sudden movement and I just slide out of place leaving the opening to the lane or I give up too much space for a wide open jumper.

A lot has changed from 2K14 on 360, which was a step back in the series for me.

Yeah, on-ball 'D is tough. Try not to use the intense D (L2 or LT) too much. Supposed to be improved in a patch, according to Mike Wang. But no ETA on that patch.

RBK

Banned
The sooner, the better. It's a great game but that's the biggest gripe so far.

Shot meter has its issues, but I haven't got the Splash Brothers releases down pat yet.

What in the fuck?

My center has had the alpha dog badge forever. I was in the park, left, and then suddenly the game said YOU ARE NOW A BETA DOG! This wasn't even after playing any games in the park or in a career.

WTF

Chris Manning 2K15 @LD2K
Patch #3 for #NBA2K15 is very big. Addressing a ton: including 2K cam "frame rate" issue, showing score while waiting & timeout exploit.

Chris Manning 2K15 @LD2K
As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.

What is btb?

Wonder how they'll nerf the zig zaggers

Striker

How are the servers currently doing? Thought about picking this up and doing MyCareer. I thought I read they are tied together so it'd be nice for some stability. I played 2K13 and enjoyed it.

Sizzle55

Hey guys, I played for the first time in a few weeks. Played a challenge game and won when it came back to the menu it froze, could not close application and could not power off the console? Did a hard reset, played another game and at the end it locked up again? Anyone else had this issue?

How are the servers currently doing? Thought about picking this up and doing MyCareer. I thought I read they are tied together so it'd be nice for some stability. I played 2K13 and enjoyed it.
It's been solid since the debacle of the launch week. Haven't gotten kicked off yet.

Philthy

Quick matches are fun to play, but I'm finding career mode to be acting really odd. Most of the time I'm seeing my guys standing outside the key with the ball and just let the shotclock wind down and they shoot at the last second. They don't pass, they don't do anything except stand there and let the clock run down. It happens maybe for half of every game, and the other half it seems to play normal-ish, except when they ignore my pass calls when I'm wide open over and over. NBA2k14 was nothing like this at all, it's like the AI is just entirely broken.

Ordered this on BF and it came yesterday (PS4). The game was able to install but the update won't. I get error code CE-37732-2. I looked it up and tried what Sony said to fix the problem, didn't work. The next thing they recommend is to re-initialize my system (delete all users and data) which is something I don't want to do. Is anyone familiar with this issue and can help? Thanks

This patch that just released...
https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k15-patch-3-notes/10152471997987267
Reduced the frequency of moving screen violations.

Fixed an issue where the commentator would occasionally reference an on-screen overlay when one was not being displayed.

Fixed overpowered behind-the-back dribble moves.

Improved the responsiveness of the Right Stick defensive Quick Steps.

The requirements for the ‘Dimer’, ‘Acrobat’, ‘Scrapper’, ‘Spin Lay-in’, ‘Post Hoperator’, and ‘Charge Card’ badges have been lowered to make them a little more attainable.

Improved shot awareness and raised shot percentages for teammates in MyCareer to make them more effective.
oX40FZy.png

I wonder if they patched the "Serious smack talk" button. Cause I just did that to Roy Hibbert before game 2 of our playoff series and my guy said was "Question: Who is the most overrated player in the NBA? Answer: @RHibbert55. Obviously."

Easier than going out and getting 50!

http://www.twitch.tv/york887

Playing now as my center if anyone is here to see game 2 of my sorry ass career. I dropped like 30 and 20 in game 1 but the rest of my team fucking sucks

Whoa. the game calls flagrant fouls? I just got one called one hibbert where he tried to murderr me...tried to save the video clip but settings are fucked and i can't see the replay. aghhhh

You definitely cannot force inside when it's crowded, turnovers happen more often now on both sides, now when someone like Harden tries to spin cheese past me, they just loose the ball.

AI using the 3 more and passing the ball back out after a rebound now makes the game flow more as well.

Ever since the patch I've felt like my center can actually play defense in the park and make a difference. Had a random squad earlier today where we were so damn sharp on that end it felt great.

Striker

Made a Power Forward and had 99% interest from Milwaukee so I went there. Parker and İlyasova are both out so I get decent minutes. Two games left for the 10-day contract, but I still have no idea if they'll end up keeping me or not. I was doing well last game then all of a sudden Jason Kidd pulled me and apparently chewed me out.

RS4-

Made a Power Forward and had 99% interest from Milwaukee so I went there. Parker and İlyasova are both out so I get decent minutes. Two games left for the 10-day contract, but I still have no idea if they'll end up keeping me or not. I was doing well last game then all of a sudden Jason Kidd pulled me and apparently chewed me out.

The first year or so is pretty much scripted, regardless of how well you do; unless you do horribly bad and get dropped from the team. That's probably the only time it deviates from the same shit everyone sees.

The patch notes for the "MyCareer" portion should have basically just said TL;DR : Rubberband AI has been tuned up to 100

i mean I guess it's made my games fun. But it's no fun when I'm getting thrown to the ground with no fouls called, my dudes go from worthless to making every shot they take lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What just happened to free throws after the new patch(PC version)?

I used to hit every single one (95) now I missed 6 in the last game alone. I always look at the hand moments to have a perfect release now it just don't go in. I even looked at the new meter they add to the free throws and that make me do even worse than before. what is going on?

I'm really getting into myteam now that I've seen all mycareer has to offer. The fucking injuries suck though.

I'll definitely be using that article above.

I bought the game last night for PS4. I can't believe that the game makes you play through an exhibition match Spurs v. Miami to actually get to the main menu. That can't be intended right?

Top Bottom