• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

The thing is I waited for it to install first, then dl the patch, then install the patch....played it.. Spurs match.... Waited an additional hour and still the same thing... I find it hard to believe that the game would take an additional hour after the first install, dl patch and install patch...

The thing is I waited for it to install first, then dl the patch, then install the patch....played it.. Spurs match.... Waited an additional hour and still the same thing... I find it hard to believe that the game would take an additional hour after the first install, dl patch and install patch...
Go on the game ivon. Press options. Youll see the install amount. Its huge

Go on the game ivon. Press options. Youll see the install amount. Its huge

I know that...it's what I did...the only prompt I got was a prompt in game saying that there was a patch that needed to be updated and that I needed to go to the in game main menu (which I couldn't get to) to get it started (this was after I had the patch dl'd and installed). I even checked for additional updates under options ( I looked everywhere for an install bar in options). Whatever the case, it's done...just annoyed as I really wanted to play my player last night.

Anyways, from the one game I played thus far..they didn't change the controls around from last year which is nice. Lots of new shot animations. Seems like pick and rolls are now well defended (roller gets stone walled at the hoop.). I also missed a few semi open dunks (kinda contested at an angle). Graphics look amazing (played the PC version last year so it was with the old character models).

Justified

I swear asking about MyPark voice chat is like asking for trade secrets on the 2K fourms, and OS. No one will reply and internet searches only turn up only a few mentions.

Anybody else Voice chat not working ON THE COURT in MyPark on PS4?

Any fixes if there is?

breakfuss

I swear asking about MyPark voice chat is like asking for trade secrets on the 2K fourms, and OS. No one will reply and internet searches only turn up only a few mentions.

Anybody else Voice chat not working ON THE COURT in MyPark on PS4?

Any fixes if there is?

Hey, are you able to play online at all? I'm on PS4. Hell, now I can't even access mycareer mode anymore.

Took close to 2 hours for my physical copy to fully install and patch on launch day so I can tell you first hand it's possible for it to take hours to fully install and be able to actually load into the main menu.

I know that...it's what I did...the only prompt I got was a prompt in game saying that there was a patch that needed to be updated and that I needed to go to the in game main menu (which I couldn't get to) to get it started (this was after I had the patch dl'd and installed). I even checked for additional updates under options ( I looked everywhere for an install bar in options). Whatever the case, it's done...just annoyed as I really wanted to play my player last night.

Anyways, from the one game I played thus far..they didn't change the controls around from last year which is nice. Lots of new shot animations. Seems like pick and rolls are now well defended (roller gets stone walled at the hoop.). I also missed a few semi open dunks (kinda contested at an angle). Graphics look amazing (played the PC version last year so it was with the old character models).
Oh my bad

It's game 1 of the finals and virtual Spoelstra still thinks we have LeBron at SF

1492F396-140D-49B8-B560-528C829324FB.jpg

RS4-

yeah I couldn't get into the park

Servers have been fucked since 2 or 3 lol. Godbless 2k.

Only mode I've been playing lately has been MT. I made a huge mistake before really playing MT by blowing a lot of VC on those expensive packs. Never again.

Mahonay

Banned
I had a weird thing yesterday, where my PS4 had installed the patch already before I booted up the game. I jump into My GM and the moment I start a game it gives me the onscreen message that I need to go to the main menu to update. I quit, go to the main menu, I see nothing changing and the message is still persisting. I close the application, boot up 2K15 again, totally fine.

Fucking 2K and their janky bullshit.

anddo0

Still waiting for the PC version to be in the $14.99/$19.99 range.
In the meantime I'm still playing my fully modded NBA2K14.

PS4 European owners also haven't received the patch. It hurts even more when I see someone saying the patch is a gamechanger, so I'm waiting for it to start my Association.

They tweeted 13 hours ago that the patch went live for PS4 in Europe. I'm in the US so I don't know if that's true, but it's what they are claiming.

Sizzle55

PS4 European owners also haven't received the patch. It hurts even more when I see someone saying the patch is a gamechanger, so I'm waiting for it to start my Association.
Arrived in Australia last night so hopefully you have it now. It does make a real difference and i am going to try out all modes today.

Fjordson

I bought the game last night for PS4. I can't believe that the game makes you play through an exhibition match Spurs v. Miami to actually get to the main menu. That can't be intended right?
Bought the game on sale against my better judgment and yeah, what the fuck is this.

I've played the Spurs / Heat game twice to completion and I still can't do anything else lmao.

RBK

Banned
Trying to get into MyPark a lot more but playing with randoms is the worst. Seriously.

Everyone is playing Iso ball and just jacking up 2 all games. Not that confident in my shot release with the lag, but at least take it to the rim sometimes.

Kronotech

I finally bought this for XBOne over the holidays and have been having the hellish time trying to scan my face in. It's been literally impossible to do. My face is lit up very naturally with outside lighting from the windows and yet that damn box stays red. IF it finally turns green (after 20 minutes of moving around), the scan will either "momentarily" lose my face or will just sit at 40%.

I can't believe it's this difficult. I've adjusted the light to every shade possible, no back light, etc. Ugh.

lfc11

Neo Member
Bought the game on sale against my better judgment and yeah, what the fuck is this.

I've played the Spurs / Heat game twice to completion and I still can't do anything else lmao.
The game isn't fully installed yet. Some quick game mode is installed so that's the only mode you can access until the console installs the rest of the game. Takes a while though.

I finally bought this for XBOne over the holidays and have been having the hellish time trying to scan my face in. It's been literally impossible to do. My face is lit up very naturally with outside lighting from the windows and yet that damn box stays red. IF it finally turns green (after 20 minutes of moving around), the scan will either "momentarily" lose my face or will just sit at 40%.

I can't believe it's this difficult. I've adjusted the light to every shade possible, no back light, etc. Ugh.

I thought they just patched this issue to make it "better". Is the game completely updated?

Fjordson

The game isn't fully installed yet. Some quick game mode is installed so that's the only mode you can access until the console installs the rest of the game. Takes a while though.
Why would they think this is a good idea. Maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't see any sort of install or progress bar and on the main menu it said the game was up to date.

And it's been 6 hours now. Still can't get past the Heat / Spurs game. Holy shit.

Why would they think this is a good idea. Maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't see any sort of install or progress bar and on the main menu it said the game was up to date.

And it's been 6 hours now. Still can't get past the Heat / Spurs game. Holy shit.

In my experience it took 45 minutes. Just leave it on the menu don't let it enter the game.

Unless your internet sucks it shouldn't take forever

Fjordson

In my experience it took 45 minutes. Just leave it on the menu don't let it enter the game.

Unless your internet sucks it shouldn't take forever
I had it on the menu for like two hours earlier. And I downloaded GTA V in like an hour and a half two days ago.

Weird. Internet seems to be working fine, so I don't know what's going on.

RS4-

The rubber banding in this game is fucking stupid. Wasted my time doing the OKC challenge, averaging 95% of my free throws, then only hitting 54% of them in the last game despite hitting pretty much the middle of release. So of course I lose by 3.

It doesn't help that on one play they get fouled during a dunk attempt that misses but the followup on the put back goes in. They get the two points AND two FTs.

And the injuries in my team are ridiculous. Fuck 2k.

Fjordson

Finally got to play past the Spurs / Heat game.

Game looks pretty nice (as someone coming from 360 to PS4) and handles fine so far. Doesn't seem like a shit show of a game yet, but I'm only playing about 12 minutes a game in My Player right now so we'll see.

Kronotech

Scanning still doesn't work. Apparently Kinect has been having trouble with the game.

Not enjoying having horrible stats right now. I can't make any wide open shots and keep getting pulled from the game. I was lucky enough to secure a contract for the rest of the year but I still can't do much of anything to actually help the team :(

Also why does my team continue to lose by 20+? C'mon Suns!

Sizzle55

Scanning still doesn't work. Apparently Kinect has been having trouble with the game.

Not enjoying having horrible stats right now. I can't make any wide open shots and keep getting pulled from the game. I was lucky enough to secure a contract for the rest of the year but I still can't do much of anything to actually help the team :(

Lol I started with the Suns and yeah lost by heaps most games. No one I passed it to ever scored. I mainly stuck to mid range junpers early in my career. Layups missed 90% of the time or i got blocked. Stick with it and you will get better.

download the 2k app for your phone. You'll get tons of VC real quick which helps level up your player.

Kronotech

Lol I started with the Suns and yeah lost by heaps most games. No one I passed it to ever scored. I mainly stuck to mid range junpers early in my career. Layups missed 90% of the time or i got blocked. Stick with it and you will get better.

Haha yeah I noticed jumpers are the way to go right now... very very close jumpers.

download the 2k app for your phone. You'll get tons of VC real quick which helps level up your player.

Ah good. Just downloaded it. Thanks!

ViciousDS

Banned
The more i play 2k15, the more i like 2k14s looks, feel and gameplay. I don't understand after such a long time why they chose to fuck with the responsiveness of players and there movement. Its still janky a ton post patch, better but i still think it sucks.... But despite 2k14s vc crap, i loved it wwwwwaaayyyyy more.

RBK

Banned
That's my main gripe I have coming from 2K14 on 360.

Everything is sluggish and honestly playing defense now is such a chore.

Top Bottom