• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16: A Spike Lee Joint (and cover athlete leaks)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Polygon said:
Spike Lee, the Oscar-nominated filmmaker — and well-known New York Knicks fan — has a role developing NBA 2K16's career mode, according to a source close to the game and leaked marketing materials obtained by Polygon.

"Be the story," says the cover of NBA 2K16, whose three different stars — Stephen Curry of Golden State, James Harden of Houston and Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City — will tell social media followers they're "starring [in] the new Spike Lee Joint!"
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/23/8478211/nba-2k16-spike-lee-cover-stars-release-date-ps4-xbox-one

Career mode begins with your created player throwing a basketball through a GameStop's window, and the rest of the career mode examines the consequences of this choice

CSX

Career mode is just you being forced to be drafted by the Knicks to save Spike Lee's sanity and bring a championship to NYC

RP912

Banned
I think the career mode will probably hit all aspect of basketball from streetball to the main stage. It would be cool playing in famous street ball courts across the country like the Rucker.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I didn't realize Spike Lee was still relevant.

he's not, but is a huge and visible NBA fan so I guess this makes sense

i hope they put his likeness courtside at knick games jumping around and interrupting the game like he likes to do, because that will make beating up on the knicks even more fun

fyGBb56.jpg

dperrin

i hope they put his likeness courtside at knick games jumping around and interrupting the game like he likes to do, because that will make beating up on the knicks even more fun

fyGBb56.jpg

They should add Mark Cuban as well.

Hasney

If it's still tied to all that VC bullshit, I wouldn't care if the story was directed by Jesus Christ himself, I won't be touching it until it hits single figure prices.

Isak_Borg

This was confirmed during a MSG broadcast months ago when Spike was on the road and the broadcasters said "Spike is in town for the next couple of months working on the next NBA2K game."

Edit: Oops... Mentioned in the article.

That sounds awful.

Can we ditch this awful story mode melodrama BS and go back to the career mode of old? I want to be a top 5 pick from Sweden yo!

As long as I'm not forced to go save Gotham in MyPlayer mode, I'm with it.

At least Spike is actually contributing to the project unlike Jay and Pharell who got paid handsomely to pick a few songs for the soundtrack and slap their name on the box.

pizzacat

Banned
I simply want to be able to continue my career from 2k15. Please let me do that.
Game saves huh? 2k16 starts off with your my player dying while trying to save lives in space and coming back to life due to a mystical basketball power (thus leads to Charles Barkleys Shut up and Jam Gaiden)

BadAss2961

fyGBb56.jpg
Ha. Somehow I never thought about including all the celebrity mascots. 2K needs to get on that.

theWB27

I'm sorry...but just because KD was injured this doesn't mean his status dropped in any way. WTH is going on with the, he doesn't belong there, comments.

As a Laker fan...this choice is garbage...but interested to see what they do.

Top Bottom