• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 15 Review thread.

Zach

Keep making progress, EA. I would love for the competition to result in either game eventually being as fun to play as NBA Street Vol. 2.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I bought Live and while the polish of 2k isn't there, it isn't a terrible game. It's much improved, actually. Graphically much better, control is much improved, audio is top notch.

The only issues I have come across are:

• CPU at times will just stop moving, seems to be an issue when they get double-teamed. The guy with the ball will just pick up his dribble and stand still. Happens like once every 2 games.
  • Animations around the basket get a bit weird. Like guards doing 360 reverse layups for no reason or weird layups from centers when around the basket. It is like the wrong animation was picked for the player/situation.

Other than those two issues, I really can't see much that stands out as a serious problem. It plays differently than 2k, so I can see a lack of comfort with the gameplay being seen as a negative. Just my opinion.

I own both games and I'm enjoying Live. The gameplay is fun and it looks really good. It still has a lot to catch up on, but this installment is a great start. :D

Karish

I really enjoy this game. Not prefect but I felt like 2K15 was a truly cynical game. No soul. I like what they're going for here and really like the pace. Hopefully a few patches come soon but seriously don't overlook this folks

Nhutty

As gamers we don't want this to fail, competition is good and means 2K won't release minimal updates going forward.

This game still looks like it needs another couple of years to get up to scratch, but its good to have an alternative as someone else here has said

Mahonay

Banned
Glad they're improving. Hope they can keep it up year to year. It'll hopefully force 2K to be less slimey about the VC business, and put some money into servers that aren't just on fire at all times.

As expected. Too bad 2K is too dull, stagnant and VC focused to be interesting. And I can't forget to mention the terrible servers.

EA should quit the Live series and just bring back NBA street like everyone wants.

Karish

I am very much enjoying this game, play it almost every day online. Anyway -- i'm bumping this because they just released the first real update since launch. Anyone else playing?

Top Bottom