• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Steph, and maybe Lebron, and that's about it

I'm not sure I'd do it for either of them. LeBron is too old and there's no guarantee that either of them would stick around after their current contract. They have KAT for the next 10 years pretty much.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/jimmy-butler-collosal-ego-hangs-with-mark-wahlberg/301183

This comes up more and more...... as much as I am not a huge fan of Rose. Butler having this isolation of himself is even more worrying. What if he is the chemistry problem with the bulls.

Rose gets a lot of shit from media and fans but his teammates/coaches have always loved him. Rose Has never talked shit about any of his teammates or coaches in public and, he's always urged butler to shoot more.

Even Noah was getting annoyed at Jimmy, that should tell you something.

Jimmy was awesome before, he used to keep the ball moving and always made smart decisions. After the contract he became the bad version of Kobe Bryant. Hogging the ball, and taking long 2 pointers that would not drop.

ViciousDS

Banned
Rose gets a lot of shit from media and fans but his teammates/coaches have always loved him. Rose Has never talked shit about any of his teammates or coaches in public and, he's always urged butler to shoot more.

Even Noah was getting annoyed at Jimmy, that should tell you something.

Jimmy was awesome before, he used to keep the ball moving and always made smart decisions. After the contract he became the bad version of Kobe Bryant. Hogging the ball, and taking long 2 pointers that would not drop.

It's true.....Rose just gets pushed into spotlight despite never wanting it. Even his MVP season he didn't want the spotlight, he wanted this team ordeal. Right now though its just because of the few comments that I don't like him as much. Constantly mentioning his contract is really, really awkward. Plus the comment about his kids. It looked like he had no effort on making the playoffs....even if those kid comments were just him saying. If we don't make it, we don't make it and I'll just do this instead. But it was taken more like....If we don't make it, I'll have more times to spend with my kid (so I'm hoping we don't make it)

But I NEVER hear anything on Butler other than I, I, I (I could have done better, I could have shot better, I could play better.........this could be on nights where he only misses 1 or 2 shots. Everyone else refers mostly the we the team. This combined with him never doing anything with teammates is really, really bad. I wonder if the problems between Hoiberg and Butler were the main issues. Maybe butler refused to accept the new system and it just caused Hoiberg to say fuck it since butler wasn't listening.

"Tom Thibodeau is finalizing a five-year deal to become president and coach of the Timberwolves, league sources tell @TheVertical." - Woj

"Spurs assistant GM Scott Layden is working on a deal to join Thibodeau as his GM in Minnesota, league sources said." - Woj

Not sure how I feel about giving Thibs or anyone else full control. Does he have the credentials for that? Be interesting to see him with a young squad, but hopefully he's learned a thing or two about managing minutes.

Also the fact that Mark Jackson and Scott Brooks are viable coaching candidates explains perfectly why like 1/3 of the league is complete garbage.

boxter432

Thibs wanted the Lakers but the Lakers were not going to give him control like the Wolves did.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-missed-their-chance-with-tom-thibodeau-211151370.html
Nothing in that article actually proves he wanted the lakers.
He and JVG were waiting to hear from the wolves before even talking to other teams.

Not sure how I feel about giving Thibs or anyone else full control. Does he have the credentials for that? Be interesting to see him with a young squad, but hopefully he's learned a thing or two about managing minutes.

Also the fact that Mark Jackson and Scott Brooks are viable coaching candidates explains perfectly why like 1/3 of the league is complete garbage.
Not sure if it's really full-full control, there is still a GM and an owner.
Same situation as Popp- Spurs, Doc-clips and SVG- Det etc...
Managing minutes isn't really an issue either. If you actually look at his teams minutes vs other top teams w/ stars it's the same. Good players play high 30s.

Nothing in that article actually proves he wanted the lakers.
He and JVG were waiting to hear from the wolves before even talking to other teams.

Not sure if it's really full-full control, there is still a GM and an owner.
Same situation as Popp- Spurs, Doc-clips and SVG- Det etc...
Managing minutes isn't really an issue either. If you actually look at his teams minutes vs other top teams w/ stars it's the same. Good players play high 30s.

the GM answers to him. He has the last call. And the Doc-Clips situation has shown a pretty clear conflict of interest sometimes. Pop is a genius and I think SVG is too early to tell. Maybe Thibs will be great at this role, but giving a guy President just because he's a good coach is like making a guy a coach just because he was a good player. It might work out, but I would be the least bit surprised if it doesn't.

Byron wont be fired since he probably can say he lost all those games cause he was trying to showcase Kobe

another year for the Tank Commander

Yeah honestly, Kobe announcing his retirement was the best thing that could happen for Byron since he gets deniability on his side.

john-mj-remix-gif.6664

Good luck with that, Wizards

Sandfox

Byron Scott fired. Woj says potential replacements:

Luke Walton
JVG
Kevin Ollie
Ettore Messina.

Technically Woj said this guys "could" replace Byron so they are probably just the people who jumped to mind when he was writing. That being said I don't see Ollie leaving UConn and I would be happy with any of the other three.

Jarate

Banned
Damn, that draft pick better convey, unless the Lakers sign like Eddie Jordan as their coach, or if Clarkson leaves.

I don't expect the Lakers to all of a sudden be a .500+ team but going from a grumpy old man who doesn't think three point shots are quality shots and wants to shoot two point jump shots to a guy who is only 36, understands actual ball movement, and won't shit on his team 24/7 is a big change.

random25

Good luck, Frank! Thanks for the contribution in bringing back the Pacers in the playoffs during your term. I'm pretty sure he'll not be vacant for long.

If only the Pacers can bring Brad Stevens back to Indiana basketball next season.

chris121580

Pretty bummed about us losing Frank. Bird keeps talking about the players needing a new voice...sounds like a big part of the problem was Frank not being able to convince PG to play the 4. Bird said that was the plan all summer and it didn't happen. Vogel will have no problem finding a new job right away. Sad to know Vogel tried to talk Bird out of it this morning

nillah

Banned
So John Wall was at the last Cavs game but also had surgery on both knees. That 2010 draft class is still up in the air

jbug617

Banned
Grizzlies fire Joerger. Apparently the past 2 yrs he wanted permission from the Grizzles to interview for other jobs and I guess Memphis had enough of that.

Top Bottom