• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
WTF with that pick. I like Jaylen Brown... but as a mid-firster... not at 3. I watched a lot of him because he was a Pac-12 guy. He can't shoot and has questionable handles.

He's also an undersized 3 in the league.. and again in a league that's going big on being able to shoot the 3... it's a weird pick.

I don't see the guy being a star.

Might have been a reach by Boston. I like Brown but he's got fairly high boom/bust potential. He could be a star, or he could be Harrison Barnes w/o a jumper. If any coach is going to get the best out him though, it'll be Brad Stephens.

Chase17

I suppose we will be in the exact same position next year. Maybe the team itself should tank to help our chances for a top pick.

jmizzal

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 23s23 seconds ago
Both Chicago and Philadelphia are furiously trying to acquire the fifth overall pick from Minnesota, according to league sources

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 8s8 seconds ago
Celtics say they are keeping Jaylen Brown at 3. No trade for 3.

LOL Celtics

Jarate

Banned
Jon Krawczynski Verified account
‏@APkrawczynski

76ers are offering Wolves the same package for 5 that they offered Boston at 3.

Tom Penny

Might have been a reach by Boston. I like Brown but he's got fairly high boom/bust potential. He could be a star, or he could be Harrison Barnes w/o a jumper. If any coach is going to get the best out him though, it'll be Brad Stephens.

He's not good at anything. How the fuck do you draft a guy good at nothing with the 3rd. That's what Thon Maker's and Qi's later are for.

If anyone needs me I'm going to go drink my liver to death.

fFNDv6P.png

I'm out on Chriss. I don't like the "He has only been playing basketball for 4 years but he's an incredible athlete" kind of prospect anymore. You've got to have at least one definable, translatable NBA skill to be taken this high and I'm not sure what his is. He's big as hell but rebounded like ass against weaker competition. He could easily be another Tyrus Thomas/Chris Wilcox. Let the Kings draft him.

Top Bottom