• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Report: Billy King could be in line for contract extension

It was yet another loss in a down season for the Nets, and it might’ve indicated that changes might be on the horizon for their decision-makers. But while one assistant general manager might be on the outs, head honcho Billy King might be in line for a contract extension. Per Grantland’s Zach Lowe:

"The Nets did not pick up their option for next season on Bobby Marks, a cap whiz who has been with the franchise for 20 years, per Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York. There are also serious rumblings that GM Billy King is on the verge of a contract extension, but Nets officials are mum on the matter."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

CD'S BAR

Plus Kobe probably going to be averaging like 20-25mpg, and probably seeing retirement after this season, seems like it'd hardly even be worth the experiment.

In more exciting news than anything going on with the Lakers, James Dolan has hired Isiah Thomas to be the president of his basketball team.
New York Liberty

In more exciting news than anything going on with the Lakers, James Dolan has hired Isiah Thomas to be the president of his basketball team.
New York Liberty

it's ok, i tend to hire someone who caused my team great shame with a sexual harassment issue all of the time to coach my all women team. When you can do so, you just gotta!

it ok, i tend to hire someone who caused my team great shame with a sexual harassment issue all of the time to coach my all women team. When you can do so, you just gotta!

CERDuUtWIAApyyB.jpg

Nets want to trade up in draft

Nets general manager Billy King, via Thomas Duffy of Nets Daily:

I will say that we’re trying to move up in the draft. We’ll explore options to get higher. … We already know of some teams who maybe want to move their pick so we’ll be talking to them next week.

Luckily the Nets have a mountain of assets that they can include in a deal...

Posted this yesterday, was confused at which thread was off-season thread.

Raptors firing a bunch of assistant coaches and hitting reset with their coach who in fact is the problem. Smfh

76ers don't deserve to get the number 1 pick, because that franchise the goal was to tank as badly as possible. Wolves at least tried to be competitive and allowed their players to grow. Any shit team that isn't the sixers, I would be ok with even the Knicks.

Ready for the wolves to get the #4 pick yet again. Don't even feel bad about saying it because the franchise is cursed beyond any possible 'jinx' I could put on it.

boxter432

Ready for the wolves to get the #4 pick yet again. Don't even feel bad about saying it because the franchise is cursed beyond any possible 'jinx' I could put on it.

odds are greatest for #4!!! yippeee!

usually I'm slightly excited for the lottery, when you are 4-7 or so you have the potential to move up (which wolves never have...). Wolves only have the odds to move back this year.

dream

Opting to play in China instead of college, where there's at least a smidgen of a chance of you learning something, strikes me as a profoundly horrible idea.

Top Bottom