• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Almost Porziiiingy time!

I'll be looking forward to seeing if the Knicks make progress this season; I'm rooting for you folks. I hope the same happens with the 76ers, for that matter.

Interesting. Let's see how he develops and hopefully he keeps his head on straight. If so I can't imagine it will be long before he's at least better than that bum Robert Sacre.

I'm hoping that this is what happens; we keep Sacre as a backup and the most entertaining bench warmer of all time (I admit it, as lousy as he is he's one of my personal favorite players due to his enthusiasm; also the hook shot isn't that bad, either), and Upshaw gets his chance to get the necessary fundamentals to replace him as necessary. Then we make the switch....and we get more cap money which will hopefully land us a great free agent (note: Didn't say superstar).

jbug617

Banned
Flip Saunders passed away.

CSLmr9vUEAAZOLe.jpg

Damn, terrible news about Flip. He's also been such a great guy in the community here and you could tell he was extremely dedicated to the area and the team. I'll always remember the last time I saw him which was at the Wolves draft party. He came out and had a short speech with the crowd after the first pick and gave a pretty awesome teaser that they were working on something big (the Tyus trade). He seemed pretty healthy at that point yet, so it's devastating to see how quickly the fucking cancer absolutely decimated him. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone hurt by the news.

Pachimari

Okay, so I know NOTHING about basketball. I don't understand the rules, and all I do know is, that I have to score in the basket and outside the line you get 3-pointers. I don't understand why a defender can't just take the ball from the attacker and why it is not allowed to block a ball thrown at the basket. I also don't know why penalties are given etc.

But because my extended family is so much into it, and not football (soccer) as I am, I would like to give the sport a go.

When I were a kid, my favorite team were LA Lakers but it have pretty much shifted to Real Madrid. This ain't important right now though, as I just want to get into it. I know players like Michael Jordan, Bryant and Lamar (because of the Kardashians only).

Unfortunately I live in Scandinavia and they don't show any basketball games on TV at my place, so I find myself with few choices if any. Where can I go to watch these games in HD? Preferably the NBA and Spanish league and where do I best learn the basics of the sport? And when do the seasons run?

Now you know a little about my basketball background, and I hope you can help me further getting into the sport every week.

Okay, so I know NOTHING about basketball. I don't understand the rules, and all I do know is, that I have to score in the basket and outside the line you get 3-pointers. I don't understand why a defender can't just take the ball from the attacker and why it is not allowed to block a ball thrown at the basket. I also don't know why penalties are given etc.

But because my extended family is so much into it, and not football (soccer) as I am, I would like to give the sport a go.

When I were a kid, my favorite team were LA Lakers but it have pretty much shifted to Real Madrid. This ain't important right now though, as I just want to get into it. I know players like Michael Jordan, Bryant and Lamar (because of the Kardashians only).

Unfortunately I live in Scandinavia and they don't show any basketball games on TV at my place, so I find myself with few choices if any. Where can I go to watch these games in HD? Preferably the NBA and Spanish league and where do I best learn the basics of the sport? And when do the seasons run?

Now you know a little about my basketball background, and I hope you can help me further getting into the sport every week.

You can take the ball from the offensive player but you have to get your hands on the ball and not their body or arms or hands.

Also, you can block shots.

What you can't do is block a shot that is on its way down going to the basket.

That's called goaltending.

You have to block it when it's on the way up.

ViciousDS

Banned
fucking terrible news about Flip.

Who do you think will take over? Timber wolves have a great core talent thats just really young. You guys think Thibs might actually be a coach by the end of the season? He would have an insanely young core outside KG.

U2NUMB

fucking terrible news about Flip.

Who do you think will take over? Timber wolves have a great core talent thats just really young. You guys think Thibs might actually be a coach by the end of the season? He would have an insanely young core outside KG.

I honestly have no idea. Our future was flip... coach, gm and owner. I know he said no way but I wonder if kg will coach when he is done. If not maybe gm. I would be a big fan of Thibs as coach and I know the name JVG has been thrown around as well.

Obviously it will play out and today is not the day to set anything I. Stone but at the end of the day as a T wolves fan since 1989..it's hard not to just accept this as another massive setback. This one hurts... for much more than basketball.

Aight guys...new thread is almost done. I have some last minute touches. We need an OT title otherwise I'm going with - "Won't someone please think of the poor Lakers fans." or "Lakers Fans, It's not the End of the World" by Judy Blume. (My personal choice is "About to get Paid in Full" but i don't think anyone liked that I was going to write some stuff but then I suck at writing and my knowledge of the rest of the NBA is woeful. So if you guys want to contribute a couple of sentences about your favorite team, I'll quote you in the thread. Any pictures or gifs will be welcomed too (I'll try to incorporate as much as possible). I'd like to have the thread up by midnight PST or by the end of the day tomorrow at the absolute latest. Thanks!

ViciousDS

Banned
Aight guys...new thread is almost done. I have some last minute touches. We need an OT title otherwise I'm going with - "Won't someone please think of the poor Lakers fans." or "Lakers Fans, It's not the End of the World" by Judy Blume. (My personal choice is "About to get Paid in Full" but i don't think anyone liked that I was going to write some stuff but then I suck at writing and my knowledge of the rest of the NBA is woeful. So if you guys want to contribute a couple of sentences about your favorite team, I'll quote you in the thread. Any pictures or gifs will be welcomed too (I'll try to incorporate as much as possible). I'd like to have the thread up by midnight PST or by the end of the day tomorrow at the absolute latest. Thanks!

NBA 2015-2016
|OT| Lakers fans, at least you don't have a curse
|OT| New Season, new junkyard team for Lakers fans
|OT| The West gets stronger again, except for purple and yellow
|OT| Kobe really has run out of Gas-ol

Just throwing ideas lol

this is why I hate this OT

NBA 2015-16 Season |OT| The lottery process where bandwagoners decide who to root for

Updated

Suggestions thus far..

Can you beat the Warriors?
We are all witnesses.
Everyone has a big 3.
No blood, no bone, no ash
_____ needs more help
Free Melo
Free Bougie
Parity sucks
I want allll my money
Got to give the people what they want
About to get paid in full
"The NBA season - full of flops, Pop and for Ty Lawson not Scotch"
Won't someone PLEASE be nice to the long suffering Lakers

|OT| Mark Cuban is, The Negotiator

|OT| Lamar Odom (almost) died for James Harden to live

I dunno about the last one...it's a bit too offensive..

NBA 2015-2016
|OT| Lakers fans, at least you don't have a curse
|OT| New Season, new junkyard team for Lakers fans
|OT| The West gets stronger again, except for purple and yellow
|OT| Kobe really has run out of Gas-ol

Just throwing ideas lol

|OT| Shaq/Chuck in Octagon > Melo/Porzingis in Triangle

IOTI this is why I hate this OT

I dunno about you guys but the more I read the last one. The more I like it.

Bah fuck it....NBA-GAF is pretty dead considering this fact is good enough for me. It'll just go to page 4 quickly anyways.

NBA OT HERE.

Almost all the images have some links so click away and enjoy. Sorry if it's ugly. I'm not a graphics designer.

Top Bottom