• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSM

Celts are a volume shooting team. If they can't force turnovers thay have trouble scoring enough points to win. Their entire game hinges off their defense.

Bread

Banned
Celtics need a big, I don't care if it means giving Horford the max. They've got one of the worst frontcourts in the league.

Nafai1123

Banned
Why they got 20-30% 3pt shooters constantly shooting 3's? Is their strategy blind faith that those numbers will magically change?

Celts falling right into Hawks hands shooting those 3s. We give those.

On a more serious note, Celts will need to come out strong in the 3rd, IIRC, we were one of the best 4th qtr teams.

Bread

Banned
Celtics should get $waggyyyyyy P
giphy.gif

TSM

Celts are a team full of utility players. Isaah and turner are the only two players that can create their own offense. So there is no flow.

spyder_ur

Overreactions are hilarious. This will be a tight series - both teams are well coached. Celtics just couldn't buy a bucket so far.

They came back from more than this literally 3 days ago.

Bread

Banned
When guys like Crowder, Thomas, and Bradley start to hit their 3s the team will be back in it. Just a horrifically unlucky half.

Frenden

Banned
celtics need to show me something in the second half

thought this was going to be the best first round series

I figured this would come down to a Bud v. Brad battle, but, yeah. Celts look a little short on talent even compared to Atlanta here.

Stevens going up against another crafty coach is maybe the worst case scenario for him. Brad and Bud cancel each other out and the slim margin of talent on the teams is the deciding factor, maybe. More than a lot of the other first round matchups, I'm not sure I'd take a lot from the first game.

phanphare

Banned
celtics just need to stay disciplined, they had a lot of defensive breakdowns that half and were forcing it on the offensive end. they're letting their bad play on offense affect their effort and execution and it just kept snowballing. they can get back in this but they're going to have to be tougher mentally and communicate more.

The main thing I noticed is that the Atlanta organ player is amazing.

Sir Foster. Been holding it down forever. And we got Big Tigger djing for us too! If you don't know who that is then nvm, he's not that important lol.

But yeah, I knew this would be a defensive series. Unfortunate that Celts aren't hitting.

TSM

Celts just have to come out and play their stifling defense. When they are playing up to their potential most other teams just wilt under the pressure. When the Celts are forced to go basket for basket they are exposed for the young superstar lacking team they are. Though their main downfall always seems to be jacking threes when Isaah and Olynek should probably be the only players taking them on the regular.

Edit: Wow, in the penalty with 10 minutes to go in the quarter. Sigh.

TSM

Don't underestimate the Celts. When they are playing good defense they can hang with almost any team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom