• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Do Raptors have any realistic chance against Cavs if they can get past Heat?

I'm a bandwagon fan for Raptors since they are Canada's team who only watches the NBA during playoffs (same with NCAA and March Madness), so I haven't watched any of the other teams really.

Cheebo

Banned
No chance in hell the Raptors beat Cavs. Heat was the only east team that could give Cavs a run. Even then Cavs would have been heavily favored.

Cheebo

Banned
No. IF they ever reach ECF, I hope they can at least win 2 games tho
They will be lucky to not get swept. Cavs been playing insanely well. Lebron went into full playoff mode. Raptors seem to have a problem playing consistently at their regular season level.

Cheebo

Banned
It is too soon to predict Warriors will beat Spurs I think . We need to see how Curry looks upon his return. If Curry isn't 100% things could get interesting in the WCF. Warriors are obviously favored but I think we need to see how Curry looks before locking it in like we are able to do with the Cavs.

I think the Heat probably match up better with the Cavs just because of experience and a record of high performance but I mean, if Lowry and Derozan actually play to their regular season clips I see no reason why Raps cant win a game or 2. Raps bench is pretty insane and they have a lot of depth and options especially if they can get Demar to stop chucking.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think the Heat probably match up better with the Cavs just because of experience and a record of high performance but I mean, if Lowry and Derozan actually play to their regular season clips I see no reason why Raps cant win a game or 2. Raps bench is pretty insane and they have a lot of depth and options especially if they can get Demar to stop chucking.

Heat need Whiteside though.....would love him to just trash Thompson and his $80 mil contract

It's funny I think Thompson is the only player on the cavs I really don't care for.

Fjordson

It is too soon to predict Warriors will beat Spurs I think . We need to see how Curry looks upon his return. If Curry isn't 100% things could get interesting in the WCF. Warriors are obviously favored but I think we need to see how Curry looks before locking it in like we are able to do with the Cavs.
As a Warriors fan, this is how I feel. Curry has to be Curry, or at least close to it, for me to feel confident about their chances past this round.

Also, I'd like to beat Portland first before thinking about the Spurs :lol I still like the Dubs' chances this round, but other than the fourth quarter of game 2 Portland looks up to the challenge so far.

No chance in hell the Raptors beat Cavs. Heat was the only east team that could give Cavs a run. Even then Cavs would have been heavily favored.

My expectations there got deflated after it was reconfirmed that Bosh would not be making a comeback. Joe Johnson have been playing like crap, Whiteside is hurt, and the Rookies are showing how green they are so I don't expect the Heat making a comeback against the Raptors.

rambis

Banned
They're in for a serious shock when they get to the finals.

The Warriors/Spurs (I'm assuming SA gets by OKC) play defense that is several orders of magnitude greater than the garbage Cleveland has been facing off against in the east so far. They look cute hitting all these 3's right now but those looks are gonna dry up fast when they face off against the two best defenses this league has seen in a long time.

Furthermore both the Warriors and Spurs are too smart and too well coached to not win in a 7 game series. Kyrie will be exposed for his mediocre defense and Kevin Love is going to be attacked relentlessly in the pick and roll. What's even worse is that LBJ will have to face off against either Leonard or Iggy, meaning all of the easy shots he's been getting in the paint so far will dry up to an extent and he's going to have to live and die by his jumper.

From a defensive perspective it's even worse for the Cavs if SA makes the finals because JR, whose 3 point shooting is absolutely vital to how the Cavs play, will have to contend with Danny Green, who at this point might just be the best defensive SG in the league.

The Cavs won't have home court against either team, making it all the more difficult for them to win the series, let alone sweep either team.
Um this isn't true at all. The Hawks for example held opponents to lower FG% than the Spurs this year. The Hawks, Heat, Raptors and Hornets are all within 1 percentage point of the Spurs/Warriors for oppenent field goals. In fact about 7-8 of the top defensive teams are in the East. I know shit like this sounds good but maybe you should actually research things before you say them?

No JV is devastating because now our inside presence for second chance points is just totally gone. If Whiteside plays we are fucked. I hope to God he doesn't use Scola. Bebe or (preferably) Jason Thompson would be okay replacements. Raps prob losing this series now unless Demar stops being dumpster fire and Lowry continues what he played yesterday for the remainder of the series.

Heat need Whiteside though.....would love him to just trash Thompson and his $80 mil contract

It's funny I think Thompson is the only player on the cavs I really don't care for.

Thompson aint worth that money. Not even close. But Canadian so can't hate too much on my end :p

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
That was a weird first quarter, didn't look like the Cavs were really trying at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom