• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha my cousin went to school with him and Jeremy lamb, I was going to attend the same high school but my family wouldn't let me. ATL is pretty...flamboyant tho, I mean, midtown is like the #1 gay city?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Blazers have been playing the Warriors pretty tough since game one and have shower more heart that Houston. Warriors keep messing around and this series is gonna be tied.
And? They still have 2 out of 3 at home with the best player in the world presumably coming back.

Fjordson

Man Warriors bench got smashed tonight. With Curry out, once you get past Iguodala and Festus those second units can be rough.

Kevtones

Thought it was interesting that this Blazer team got farther in the playoffs than the Roy and LMA teams. One hell of a game.

Best they did was the year Lillard sunk the Rockets on that series/game-winner. They won a game from the Spurs the next round. This ties it but its better because they got the game down 2-0 as opposed to 3-0.

If the Blazers can win game 4 they've got some serious momentum/house money mojo going on. If they didn't royally shit the bed in G2; they're in control here.

B.O.O.M

Nothing. POR is hitting everything. Like I said, likely won't happen again.

well for half the game GSW actually had the better FG%..and in the second half Draymond hit 3s at an insane level for a career high. That won't happen again either.

Edit: Just checked..GSW still had the higher FG% in the end lol

I'm just kinda shocked that we are the only team that managed to beat the Warriors twice this year, three times if you count preseason.

I feel like San Antonio will join that club in the WCF. But it is pretty cool to be sitting on that right now. It's also testament to how good the Warriors are that they had to get through the regular season and into the second round of the playoffs before any team in the league managed to beat them twice.

Case of home cooking....role player usually make their shots at home whereas away role players don't. That was the difference really. gotta tip your hat off to portland for making so many tough shots.

Champagne

Banned
Honestly...this Cavs team could sweep....
They're in for a serious shock when they get to the finals.

The Warriors/Spurs (I'm assuming SA gets by OKC) play defense that is several orders of magnitude greater than the garbage Cleveland has been facing off against in the east so far. They look cute hitting all these 3's right now but those looks are gonna dry up fast when they face off against the two best defenses this league has seen in a long time.

Furthermore both the Warriors and Spurs are too smart and too well coached to not win in a 7 game series. Kyrie will be exposed for his mediocre defense and Kevin Love is going to be attacked relentlessly in the pick and roll. What's even worse is that LBJ will have to face off against either Leonard or Iggy, meaning all of the easy shots he's been getting in the paint so far will dry up to an extent and he's going to have to live and die by his jumper.

From a defensive perspective it's even worse for the Cavs if SA makes the finals because JR, whose 3 point shooting is absolutely vital to how the Cavs play, will have to contend with Danny Green, who at this point might just be the best defensive SG in the league.

The Cavs won't have home court against either team, making it all the more difficult for them to win the series, let alone sweep either team.

Champagne

Banned
Yeah, they will no doubt not sweep the entire playoffs, but the East? Oh sure.
Is it really that impressive to sweep the Pistons, Hawks, and winner of the Heat/Raptors shitfest?

I think a healthy Dubs team and SA would do the same except with higher point differentials.

I just feel like the overreaction to this Cavs team so far has been ridiculous. There's no doubt they look good, and in any other year they would probably win the chip, but there are two historic teams playing in the west right now and the Cavs are gonna have to face one of them.

The level of competition in the east is putrid at best. Detroit was too young and flawed, the Hawks have regressed heavily and just feel...mediocre at best, and on one end you have a Heat team whose only consistent player is a 34 year old D-Wade and a Toronto team whose 2 "stars" have shot a combined 20% on like 60 shots a game at this point. Just garbage all around.

I'm predicting the Cavs will be absolutely shell-shocked by whichever battle-tested squad comes out of the West.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah everyone has made a big deal about the gap between the conferences closing this year but that really only holds true for the second tier and below teams.

SA, GS and I would argue OKC and a healthy LAC are better then every other team then the Cavs in the East. SA and GS being better then the Cavs though.

The west is still much stronger at the top of the conference. Can't see the Cavs beating a healthy SA or GS. Too much of an uphill battle when the two of the Cavs three best players can't play defense and all three will be hindered by elite defenses and defenders.

Everyone championing the Cavs like to mention how the Cavs were without Kyrie and Love but for Kyrie especielly, he is going to help Curry and/or Klay get going with his putrid D. Plus now Curry and Klay aren't going to be novices to the moment.

Is it really that impressive to sweep the Pistons, Hawks, and winner of the Heat/Raptors shitfest?

I think a healthy Dubs team and SA would do the same except with higher point differentials.

I just feel like the overreaction to this Cavs team so far has been ridiculous. There's no doubt they look good, and in any other year they would probably win the chip, but there are two historic teams playing in the west right now and the Cavs are gonna have to face one of them.

The level of competition in the east is putrid at best. Detroit was too young and flawed, the Hawks have regressed heavily and just feel...mediocre at best, and on one end you have a Heat team whose only consistent player is a 34 year old D-Wade and a Toronto team whose 2 "stars" have shot a combined 20% on like 60 shots a game at this point. Just garbage all around.

I'm predicting the Cavs will be absolutely shell-shocked by whichever battle-tested squad comes out of the West.

OKC is challenging Spurs right now while Westbrook is playing insane hero ball.

I think Cavs can beat a fully healthy Spurs in 7. Also, if Steph is injured they can beat the Warriors too, for sure. A healthy Steph Curry Warriors team is just impossible to beat in a series

random25

I don't see the Cavs being shell-shocked if they ever get into the finals. This team is still basically the team last year that challenged the much superior Warriors team in 6 games without its 2 all-stars. And LeBron is so familiar with the Spurs in the finals. That team knows the strength of the possible Western team to challenge them in the finals. They have additional offensive firepower than last year. They have a much more experienced team outside of LeBron. I'm giving them an equal chance to win it all as much as the Spurs and the Warriors as long as Kyrie and Love remain healthy.

Marz

I don't see the Cavs being shell-shocked if they ever get into the finals. This team is still basically the team last year that challenged the much superior Warriors team in 6 games without its 2 all-stars. And LeBron is so familiar with the Spurs in the finals. That team knows the strength of the possible Western team to challenge them in the finals. They have additional offensive firepower than last year. They have a much more experienced team outside of LeBron. I'm giving them an equal chance to win it all as much as the Spurs and the Warriors as long as Kyrie and Love remain healthy.

Cosign. People in this thread act like the Warriors are a dynasty already when they only have a championship so far because Lebron was playing with half a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom