• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, I thought the amount of pressure on Cleveland was huge for game 5, but that's nothing like the amount of pressure that's gonna be on OKC come Saturday.

Dthomp

Ya know, I thought the amount of pressure on Cleveland was huge for game 5, but that's nothing like the amount of pressure that's gonna be on OKC come Saturday.

Hard to say, if the reffing game takes a swing in OKCs favor to make up for tonight then they're fine. Their game is attacking, and they have got almost no calls when they are attacking tonight. Refs have completely swallowed their whistles on their drives

Hard to say, if the reffing game takes a swing in OKCs favor to make up for tonight then they're fine. Their game is attacking, and they have got almost no calls when they are attacking tonight. Refs have completely swallowed their whistles on their drives

Yep, didn't expect them to get the whistles in GS though. Still gonna be a shit ton of pressure on them.

Dthomp

Yep, didn't expect them to get the whistles in GS though. Still gonna be a shit ton of pressure on them.

Oh for sure. I didn't expect them to get any favors, but they didn't bother on most of OKCs drives in the 1st quarter. This game could be completely different had the refs not been keeping the calls one sided

I dont wanna watch it and im afraid searching it up would show photos of it. can someone explain what happened to livingston? i know it was something with his knee but what exactly happened?

xHiryu

Westbrook is doing everything he can, love watching him play. Great series so far

There was this player who played for Louiville forgot his name... His leg literally snapped in half and it was shown on national tv. Absolutely disgusting. DONT GOOGLE IT.

Damn the Kevin Ware injury. I remember him saying he didnt even feel it when it first happened, guess its all that adrenaline pumping or something.

spyder_ur

There was this player who played for Louiville forgot his name... His leg literally snapped in half and it was shown on national tv. Absolutely disgusting. DONT GOOGLE IT.

That was 10x worse. I will never forget watching that live. Paul George's was also bad and I saw that live - in some dumb Olympic warmup.

Back to happier topics - this series continues to be awesome.

He was probably the closest prospect to magic we've seen

I was talking about Williams, since Livingston didn't play college. Livingston has some awesome HS highlight tapes.

I dont wanna watch it and im afraid searching it up would show photos of it. can someone explain what happened to livingston? i know it was something with his knee but what exactly happened?

From Wikipedia

"inst the Charlotte Bobcats on February 26, 2007, Livingston suffered a debilitating knee injury, dislocating his left kneecap after landing awkwardly following a missed layup, resulting in the left leg snapping laterally. Livingston injured almost every part of his knee, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and the lateral meniscus, badly spraining his medial collateral ligament (MCL), and dislocating his patella and his tibio-fibular joint.[7] The injury was so severe that ESPNEWS warned viewers of the graphic nature of the video clip before airing it.[8] Livingston was told by a medical professional at the hospital that there was a chance that his leg would have to be amputated. He required months of rehabilitation to be able to walk again.

From Wikipedia

"inst the Charlotte Bobcats on February 26, 2007, Livingston suffered a debilitating knee injury, dislocating his left kneecap after landing awkwardly following a missed layup, resulting in the left leg snapping laterally. Livingston injured almost every part of his knee, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and the lateral meniscus, badly spraining his medial collateral ligament (MCL), and dislocating his patella and his tibio-fibular joint.[7] The injury was so severe that ESPNEWS warned viewers of the graphic nature of the video clip before airing it.[8] Livingston was told by a medical professional at the hospital that there was a chance that his leg would have to be amputated. He required months of rehabilitation to be able to walk again.

damn, i see, thanks. i was thinking about wiki but didnt wanna risk the chance of seeing it lol its pretty amazing he has recovered so well

random25

That one college player where the broken bone literally protruded out of the skin was the worst I've seen since the Livingston injury. That was horrifying.

And the Warriors are doing a good job maintaining the lead. If OKC can't close it out today, they should in game 6 because I'm not betting my money on them on the road in game 7.

Dthomp

Too many quick Russ 3s this game without setting up on the offensive end. It's what will stop a push here, well that and the refs

spyder_ur

I'm not sure Livingston would have turned out to be much more than he currently is anyway.

Who knows. He was a jaw-dropping ball handler and never quite got the chance to run his own team after the injury.

Favorite HS mix tape - Jason Williams and Randy Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom