• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

Kerr said today at Dubs practice that he didn't think it was serious, but the MRI results won't be available until later this afternoon, so not safe yet.

Ah. Gonna be a anxious few hours for dub fans. Gonna be interesting to see how they handle the pelicans Friday without him.

Fjordson

I'd be more than fine with Draymond getting a few weeks rest and the Dubs learning to not collapse on defense without him. Like last night, Houston was 8 for 9 in the paint after Draymond left the game.

Similar to Durant's injury last year helping the other guys in the long run. After a shaky first few games without KD, Steph and Klay found their groove again and the team overall went into the playoffs on a roll.

Ah. Gonna be a anxious few hours for dub fans. Gonna be interesting to see how they handle the pelicans Friday without him.
Possibly more Kevon Looney. Frightening.

jdstorm

Banned
Barring a freak Kyrie injury, they're a lock for the playoffs. There just aren't enough good teams in the East.

Cavs
Wizards
Raps
Heat
Bucks
Celtics
76ers
Pistons? Can't even think of an 8th team that deserves it.

That's not a ranking by any means, but I was just spitting out whatever playoff team came to mind. Unless I'm forgetting something or somebody, those are the only Eastern rosters with rosters that can hold up after 82 games.

Hornets????

Dont rule out Kemba + Dwight

I'd actually be more than fine with Draymond getting a few weeks rest and the Dubs learning to not collapse on defense without him. Like last night, Houston was 8 for 9 in the paint after Draymond left the game.

Similar to Durant's injury last year helping the other guys in the long run. After a shaky first few games without KD, Steph and Klay found their groove again and they team overall went into the playoffs on a roll.

Good point. For selfish reasons I’m gonna miss seeing him on the court. I enjoy watching his defense.

Looney is this years varejo lol

Based on this tweet I'm thinking his career is over.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/920722909164916736

If they still aren't sure what's going on it has to be bad.

It's been less than 24 hours since he got hurt and they said they were flying him out to Boston before making any decisions. Nothing unusual about this, yet.

Hornets????

Dont rule out Kemba + Dwight

Love me some Kemba. Hornets should be a fun team to watch this year. It's a shame GS is as powerful as they are. There are so many interesting teams and storylines this year. Just a shame the ending seems pretty set.

ESPN Writers NBA champs predictions

Kevin Arnovitz Warriors
Ian Begley Warriors
Nick DePaula Warriors
Amin Elhassan Warriors
Jeremias Engelmann Warriors
Chris Forsberg Warriors
Chris Haynes Warriors
Chris Herring Warriors
Baxter Holmes Warriors
Tim MacMahon Warriors
Jackie MacMullan Warriors
Bobby Marks Warriors
Dave McMenamin Warriors
Kevin Pelton Warriors
Jalen Rose Warriors
Mike Schmitz Warriors
Ramona Shelburne Warriors
Marc Spears Warriors
Michael Wright Warriors
Royce Young Warriors
Ohm Youngmisuk Warriors
Dreams-Visions Cav
BlackGhost Cav

ftfy

V4nxChB.gif

we've seen this movie before.

MxGEK93.jpg

don't be fooled, GAF. Gordon is going to be a game-time decision against the Bucks.
Tony Allen knew

lol I was going to say even Tony knows Paul is full of shit, or should I say, stained with shit!

#PaulPierceShitHimself
#TellTheTruthPaul
#SkidmarksCantMeltSteelBeams

we've seen this movie before.

MxGEK93.jpg

don't be fooled, GAF. Gordon is going to be a game-time decision against the Bucks.
Tony Allen knew

I was listening to the game last night on the drive home and I thought of that moment lol. I kept telling myself maybe they're overreacting and it's not that bad. Then I saw the replay :(

mnannola

It's been less than 24 hours since he got hurt and they said they were flying him out to Boston before making any decisions. Nothing unusual about this, yet.

Love me some Kemba. Hornets should be a fun team to watch this year. It's a shame GS is as powerful as they are. There are so many interesting teams and storylines this year. Just a shame the ending seems pretty set.

Even with out the Warriors, hard to imagine any team but the Cavs making it out of the East.

Even with out the Warriors, hard to imagine any team but the Cavs making it out of the East.

If Hayward was healthy, I think the Celtics had a real shot at winning a series or at least pushing them. Still, I'd put Cleveland as the favorites, but it's not overwhelming, ya know? I would still find the series fun to watch, whereas it feels like GS is going to roll everyone again like last year.

Another way to put it is if the Cavs fail to make the Finals it would be an upset, but not unheard of. If the Warriors fail to make it it would feel shocking.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...to-recovery-as-explained-by-a-medical-expert/

CBS just posted this interview with a "certified athletic trainer" about Hayward. Obviously take it with a grain of salt, considering he has no personal information on this injury, and he's not an orthopedic surgeon specializing in ankles. Regardless, this guy seems to know about sports injuries in general, so he may have a little more insight than most people.

CBS: Lastly, what's a best-case scenario here for Hayward in terms of coming back?

JS: It's difficult to speculate given there's still so many unknowns. But I think it's likely gonna be 12 weeks at least based on what we have right now. He'll probably be evaluated at that mark. There's an outside chance he's able to play again this season, but again the only other example I have in my database, the injury occurred in November and the player missed the final 68 games recovering. He's going to be up against it.

Is it a career-ending injury? By no means, from what we can tell. But he's gonna be hard-pressed to get back this season. And just because, again, it's an injury of high magnitude, you want to make sure he's returning at 100 percent and not running the risk of some secondary injury or some other setback.

Gigglepoo

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...to-recovery-as-explained-by-a-medical-expert/

CBS just posted this interview with a "certified athletic trainer" about Hayward. Obviously take it with a grain of salt, considering he has no personal information on this injury, and he's not an orthopedic surgeon specializing in ankles. Regardless, this guy seems to know about sports injuries in general, so he may have a little more insight than most people.

Why is CBS posting an interview from someone who doesn't have specific information on Hayward's injury?

Did this guy stay at an holiday inn last night?

I'd be more than fine with Draymond getting a few weeks rest and the Dubs learning to not collapse on defense without him.

I don't think they really have the personnel to not take a serious hit defensively without him- not without going big and becoming more susceptible to getting hit with bad switches.

That's the bad news. The good news is that they can still just outscore 80% of the teams they play regardless of whether their defense suffers for a few weeks.

Based on this tweet I'm thinking his career is over.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/920722909164916736

Lol. "Based on this tweet....I think he's dead, Jim."

megalowho

Ah. Well Boston will have a high hill to climb with no Hayward or Thomas for a while. If They can both be healthy by Late April or early May then perhaps they can make a surprise run in the playoffs.
I'm no doctor but my prognosis is Thomas never suits up for Boston again this season.

jbug617

Banned
Hayward is deciding if he wants to do the surgery tonight in Boston or do it in Indiana with a doctor who did a previous surgery on him when he was at Butler.

Top Bottom