• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K12 |OT| Lebron 4th Quarter Lockout Edition

benjipwns

Banned
So is PC version missing anything compared to consoles besides shoddy online? I think I might bite at $10 this time.
Some of the jerseys, teams and such aren't going to be unlocked by 2K. But you can get patches from the community to do so and fix other things like black arms.

Double D

This game is fucking awesome. Last 2K Bball game I played was 2K7, and this is so much better. I've had it in the shrink wrap since I got it with the Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free sale months ago, and only just opened it yesterday. I haven't even played the normal mode, just the My Player thing and it is fantastic. Took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on with the controls, but after playing the shit out of this last night I feel like I'm really getting the hang of it. Can't help but think I should have spec'd my dude a little different, though.

This game is fucking awesome. Last 2K Bball game I played was 2K7, and this is so much better. I've had it in the shrink wrap since I got it with the Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free sale months ago, and only just opened it yesterday. I haven't even played the normal mode, just the My Player thing and it is fantastic. Took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on with the controls, but after playing the shit out of this last night I feel like I'm really getting the hang of it. Can't help but think I should have spec'd my dude a little different, though.

I had a similar jump last year, from 07-10. Movement and animations blew me away. Not sure what else I'd want. Perhaps emotions, as no-one gets mad on this game. No Technical fouls, so team management is easy. Improved trade AI too, I guess. Not sure gameplay wise.

mbmonk

Online is much better for the PC after the patch. It doesn't take nearly as long to find games as it used to and I seem to be finding opponents with fairly good connections. I used to have to back out of one of every two games that the match making found do to poor connections.

Online still has plenty of other issues but at least finding a game much less frustrating than before.

Desaan

I hate HOF. Monta Ellis just abused me the whole game, he dropped 67 points on 27/48 successful shots (I only played 25mins). My rookie SG was going well up until that game, total cheese from the A.I they ran constant isolations with screens leaving me with the choice of trying to get around them or just letting him take the 3. I don't think I saw any other player take a shot the whole game, even whilst I was on the bench. Even Lebron and Kobe don't hog it like that in 2k12.

My mind is so blown right now ;_;

Does anyone know how to invite friends on PC?

Before the patch, I was able to actually invite a specific friend but I cannot remember how...but I swear we got into the game. Then it ran terribly. But I was hoping to try after patch.

Smokey

Does anyone know how to invite friends on PC?

Before the patch, I was able to actually invite a specific friend but I cannot remember how...but I swear we got into the game. Then it ran terribly. But I was hoping to try after patch.
So shitty how they screw over the pc game...that version should be the definitive version. Id buy it over console everytime if they would just get ot right

mbmonk

I played a gentleman on the PC who played with the Celtics and he used all the signature moves of the players and it really felt like I was playing the Celtics team in the NBA. He was using KG's turn around fade away and was doing the catch and shoot with Ray Allen. It was impressive. He inspired me to do that with the Lakers (I am just sick of playing with the Wizards).

mbmonk

I ordered the PS3 version so I could play online a bit more. When I play online with my PC the screen will just go black at times, happens about 2 times a game. What is strange is there never happens when I play the game offline, even if I play for hours straight.

So shitty how they screw over the pc game...that version should be the definitive version. Id buy it over console everytime if they would just get ot right

Yea. I just now started running the game completely maxed out on the PC and it really is a beautiful game. If I was a dev of the game I would only want to play the PC version with a 360 controller. It's a shame the PC version isn't the superior version. There is a huge difference in clarity between 1080p and 720p.

Nyx

Anybody still playing this on 360?

Actually I just bought the game as it was on sale here. (19.99 euros)

Only played the My Player bit so far, very enjoyable although I seem to miss way too many shots, I have troubles getting loose from defenders.
Am with the 76ers and our record so far is 0-6, seems the rest of the team is adapting to my own skills.

Any pointers perhaps ?

mbmonk

Actually I just bought the game as it was on sale here. (19.99 euros)

Only played the My Player bit so far, very enjoyable although I seem to miss way too many shots, I have troubles getting loose from defenders.
Am with the 76ers and our record so far is 0-6, seems the rest of the team is adapting to my own skills.

Any pointers perhaps ?

What type of player did you create? Are you a jump shooter, post player, defensive stopper, etc. Also what position do you play?

Without specifics I can suggest you call for screens when you have the ball in order to get a decent look.

I hope that helps a little bit.

mbmonk

I am having an issue with releasing the shot at the proper time because they "randomness" of which shot animation I get.

Example, I am driving toward the basket and I want to pull up. So let off the left stick and then press up on the shot stick.

This will give me one of two animations:
1) A gather dribble and then a jump shot animation. *in this case I need to hold the shot stick down longer
2) An instant jump shot animation. *I need to hold down the shot stick for only a very short period of time.

So the difference in animation timing has caused me to miss because I let the stick go to early or late. The only solution I have found is to watch for the blink on the players circle. Any better suggestions?

Nope, that's exactly what I've started to watch for and I really dislike it as it takes away from, what at times, can be some really fluid looking layup animation.

Nyx

What type of player did you create? Are you a jump shooter, post player, defensive stopper, etc. Also what position do you play?

Without specifics I can suggest you call for screens when you have the ball in order to get a decent look.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm an Athletic SF.

Thanks for the vid, didn't know about that at all.

What I really find strange though is the fact my team plays like shit, we're 0-9 now, and most games are lost with 15-25 points difference, if I play good or bad doesn't even matter.

mbmonk

What I really find strange though is the fact my team plays like shit, we're 0-9 now, and most games are lost with 15-25 points difference, if I play good or bad doesn't even matter.

I don't have any decent advice for playing an athletic SF. Sorry :(

I haven't played enough My Player to really have any meaningful advice on the subject either. :(

I am not much help today. Some other gaffer needs to step up and save the day :p

Don't worry about your team playing like shit, once you build up your player enough you can pretty much win by yourself. As an athletic player you're more or less garbage offensively so build up shot medium and shot in traffic to around 85. Boost your vertical as well since it ups the chances you get fouled when driving to the basket.

Smokey

Been having all kinds of online issues the past couple of days on 360. Multiple drops.

Maybe they're moving on from their DC servers?!!?

Smokey

no there's not. i can't access the link at work, but is the demo online enabled or no? thought i remember reading that..

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
no there's not. i can't access the link at work, but is the demo online enabled or no? thought i remember reading that..

You still post in here? I thought the shame of making up an excuse like "i cant join friends games" because i beat you into oblivion so many times would have kept you from this thread.

Smokey

You could not beat me with the rockets and the only time you won was with the mavs. Rockets will be trash again this year but I'm not dumb enough to use them against the lakers. I will be using a power team and destroy you. You relied on kome ISOs and hot spot abuse. Enjoy your moment of victory, 2k13 im putting you down to hunter's level.

mbmonk

Yes. Seems so.

Relevant section of the article:
The demo will feature one quarter of an NBA Finals rematch of Heat vs Thunder, will be online enabled, and has been stripped of commentary for the sake of file size. No further details yet such as quarter length or difficulty options have been provided.

IpodKingCarter post a 45 minute conference call that has Mike Wang and Erick Boenisch.

It seems to be covering quite a few topics and included plenty of marketing speak as you could imagine with 2K:
1) Engine
2) Jay Z
3) Dream Team 92
4) My Career
5) Association Mode
etc.

You still post in here? I thought the shame of making up an excuse like "i cant join friends games" because i beat you into oblivion so many times would have kept you from this thread.

iIea1dk7DzBTT.gif

Fjordson

2K13 has looked good so far, though the gameplay they put out earlier of Lakers vs. Heat had some suspect plays from Dwight. Perfect midrange jumper and I think a crazy no look layup underneath :lol

Other than that looks good.

gameplay in question

Omega

Banned
2K13 has looked good so far, though the gameplay they put out earlier of Lakers vs. Heat had some suspect plays from Dwight. Perfect midrange jumper and I think a crazy no look layup underneath :lol

Other than that looks good.

gameplay in question

seems to stay true to the 2K formula.

My myplayer center is has a 40 mid-range attribute. I shoot 72%, and it's that low because for some reason I cannot make a hook shot over a guard..

Top Bottom