• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K13 Online Association lOTl Dreamcast Servers Be Gone!

ok so i got in and played my game against the grizz (and won! thanks mcgirk) and now it says the league will vance in 48 mins but i still have 2 games left! wtf! i guess those will get simmed?

Ferny

ok so i got in and played my game against the grizz (and won! thanks mcgirk) and now it says the league will vance in 48 mins but i still have 2 games left! wtf! i guess those will get simmed?

No you are fine. It will only advance to the next day not those three games that are on your main screen.

Smokey

FMT was supposed to play the Kings on 11/2..but instead he played the Grizz. So does that mean that his game against the Kings will get simmed when it advances?

FMT was supposed to play the Kings on 11/2..but instead he played the Grizz. So does that mean that his game against the Kings will get simmed when it advances?

wtf, it didn't even give me the option of who to play. i went to home and it said that i need to play the grizzlies so i did.... unless i have to push something else after going to home!

Smokey

wtf, it didn't even give me the option of who to play. i went to home and it said that i need to play the grizzlies so i did.... unless i have to push something else after going to home!

?

It lists available games and you can choose who to play from there. The Grizz/Mavs game was for 11/6 which would've been your "second" game of the season according to the schedule.

?

It lists available games and you can choose who to play from there. The Grizz/Mavs game was for 11/6 which would've been your "second" game of the season according to the schedule.

do you think if i STARTED The kings game and it "advanced" while i was playing it would count the game or still sim it?

Smokey

Ay Dark Faze I see you're down 55-78 to the CPU in the 3rd. Don't worry, I KNOW THAT FEEL

Fucking CPU Hawks destroyed me earlier

Ay Dark Faze I see you're down 55-78 to the CPU in the 3rd. Don't worry, I KNOW THAT FEEL

Fucking CPU Hawks destroyed me earlier

68 pts in the paint outrebounded me by 20

Doubled Irving at 3pt line n a 2-3 zone to force jumpers but he guns it into a big despite the d denying the pass inside.

On d their reaction time is just dumb. Only sure fire o was pnr shots or post ups.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
hmmm lets keep it in

trust that the cpu ai is competent when it comes to trading!

What about trades that involve using future draft picks to influence the AI? I could see that being abused if there isn't a restriction there. AI appears to value picks too highly, IMO.

EDIT: Also, for those having problems with fatigue: how much are you using the RT? Is it possible you're relying too much on that? I used to use that on defense to keep up with the ball handler and it sapped my players' energy.

Smokey

What about trades that involve using future draft picks to influence the AI? I could see that being abused if there isn't a restriction there. AI appears to value picks too highly, IMO.

EDIT: Also, for those having problems with fatigue: how much are you using the RT? Is it possible you're relying too much on that? I used to use that on defense to keep up with the ball handler and it sapped my players' energy.

I'm open to various suggestions. I rarely played Association mode so I'm not aware of all of the little things here and there.

Smokey

Nov 3rd one game:

Knicks (Triggaz) vs. Wolves (Clint Beastwood). Once league advances to Nov 3rd clock will start over so get this game in! Don't want to sim user v user games.

one suggestion is lower the CPU shot %! its like if you get a small lead they just go off on you. i had a 5 point lead and then the magic proceeded to score like 20 straight points in the paint and there was nothing i could do about it! the ball would literally warp through me to them lulz

Ferny

Yeah I would lower CPU shot % just a tad. Once they go on a run, they do not miss what so ever. Gets real annoying.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I try to manage their streaks with timeouts.

Went to OT vs the CPU-controlled Jazz, and lost 115-111. CPU had 62 point in the paint, and 27 second chance points off of 19 offensive rebounds. I had 48 points in the paint, but only 11 second chance points off of a mere 9 offensive rebounds.

I'm still trying to figure out how Mo Williams and Randy Foye had 6 and 5 rebs respectively, each grabbing offensive boards from crowds containing McGee, Faried, and Randolph.

#isuck

ecnal

I'm not having issues with any of my guards or wings.

Perk, Ibaka, and Collison are a different story though. I can't even rotate those guys and bring them back in with full energy. I played Perk for 3:23 in the third and he had 2 bars of energy. I sat him the rest of the quarter, and when I brought him back in to start the 4th, he was only 4/5 bars and was back to 2 bars in ~2 minutes.

I never use turbo with them. I only contest shots in the paint with them. I think the fatigue works fine with wing players, but its retarded that I have to sit Perk, Ibaka, and Collison for 2/3 of EVERY quarter, just to bring them back in with 4/5 energy.

I'll probably bring Aldrich or Thabeet (lol) to run a 6 man big man rotation just to avoid this nonsense.

ecnal

I try to manage their streaks with timeouts.

Went to OT vs the CPU-controlled Jazz, and lost 115-111. CPU had 62 point in the paint, and 27 second chance points off of 19 offensive rebounds. I had 48 points in the paint, but only 11 second chance points off of a mere 9 offensive rebounds.

I'm still trying to figure out how Mo Williams and Randy Foye had 6 and 5 rebs respectively, each grabbing offensive boards from crowds containing McGee, Faried, and Randolph.

#isuck

Just watch a replay.

CPU cheats.

Jeff Teague was pulling boards out of Ibaka's hands from behind him.

CPU also rains jumpers that go through your defender's arms/hands.

The latter has been that way for years, but the former is new to this year.

Smokey

Did the following for CPU

CPU Offense Rebound: 30
CPU Defensive Awareness: 35
Play Passing Lanes: 40
Driving Shot Contact Shot Frequency : 50 (down from 100)
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 50 (down from 100)

Yea. That contact shit is annoying. I had so many shooting fouls against the Cavs.

Also I think I'm in agreement with Ecnal now. Fatigue was pretty bad when playing against a bruiser sig skill like Varejao. There was a point in the game where all of my backup bigs were at 3 fatigue. Literally a rotation of 4 bigs, all from banging with Varejao I guess.

I also wonder about CPU fatigue. Wall was at 2 fatigue points and I pulled him. Irving played for another quarter before he was pulled after running fast breaks virtually the whole game and using crossover moves everytime he had the ball and somehow still kept his handle when running into double traps as if he had full energy. Whatever.

ecnal

Yea. That contact shit is annoying. I had so many shooting fouls against the Cavs.

Also I think I'm in agreement with Ecnal now. Fatigue was pretty bad when playing against a bruiser sig skill like Varejao. There was a point in the game where all of my backup bigs were at 3 fatigue. Literally a rotation of 4 bigs, all from banging with Varejao I guess.

I also wonder about CPU fatigue. Wall was at 2 fatigue points and I pulled him. Irving played for another quarter before he was pulled after running fast breaks virtually the whole game and using crossover moves everytime he had the ball and somehow still kept his handle when running into double traps as if he had full energy. Whatever.

i'm not crazy!

the CPU fatigue is fine, i think; they just refuse to rotate guys out if they're tired.

when i played the CPU hawks, they played horford + jsmoove for ~2-3 minutes every quarter with the gatorade icon on them, which means they were at 2/5 or 3/5 fatigue most of every quarter.

if there's a way to decrease fatigue on big men only, i definitely think we should.

if there's not, i don't really know what to do because i really like the fatigue on wing players lol... it's just a bit ridiculous that i have to run a 6 man big man rotation.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
In past years, I've had auto-subs based on fatigue too. This year I *have* to run rotation-based auto-subs, or my bench won't see time and starters get gassed.

Galo keeps on being subbed in as a center, too, which is REALLY annoying to have to correct constantly.

Omega

Banned
i had this weird ass glitch against the Pistons. the ball just disappeared midway through the second quarter, Pistons then proceeded to kill me in rebounds because it's hard to time a jump when there's no ball..

holy smokes i got raped by the heat lol. there was literally nothing i could do. auto dunks, auto layups, if i was in position it was like the ball would just warp through me. then they played such smothering D.... very frustrating!

at least mcgirk got his points!

Omega

Banned
my game with triggaz got interrupted mid-match. it said time expired and be sure to play matches before advancement date..

my match with rinse22 is probably going to be simmed since it says league advances in 2 hours now

Smokey

my game with triggaz got interrupted mid-match. it said time expired and be sure to play matches before advancement date..

my match with rinse22 is probably going to be simmed since it says league advances in 2 hours now

when are you scheduled to play the pacers? doesn't look like its anytime sson.

edit: you don't play him until november 25. right now the league is on nov 4th. that timer you see counting down means the league will advance to the next calendar date (nov 5) in 2 hours. games have been completed all the way up to nov 6 where one game remains, clippers vs. warriors (cpu)

triggaz

Banned
I'm off tomorrow I think I got the flu but I'm trying to get all my games in tomorrow. So if you got a game with pm here on message me (drunken triggaz) on xbox live. Starting around 11.

knicks i think you are my opponent so let me know when you can play

finally won another CPU game. fucking cheaters. i started playing a lot of zone covering up problems in the middle. when i play human vs. human game i will play on ball all game but the CPU can eat a dick. if i cover the cpu on the ball all game they just iso me to death and then torch my defense in the middle anyways. in the 2nd half i went to a predominantly 2-3 zone and just used my center to roam and i help the blazers to a respectable %. ridiculous!

ecnal

apparently i'm not allowed to win this game.

can't hit a wide open 3 with a B+ or higher grade.

the CPU has 25+ FT's through 3

Smokey

I thought about it, but then that would only leave a small amount of games to play each season. I'd rather try and get it as manageable as possible via slider adjustments first.

ecnal

CPU draw foul needs to be like 10, real talk.

the grizz are doing the same shit again.

i go on a run, then the CPU pulls off back-to-back-to-back offensive rebounds followed by shooting fouls.

ecnal

welp, i'm good till nov 26th.

nov 26th game = nets (liquid swords)

i'm never playing 3 games versus the CPU in a row again. ever.

also, the phone lines are open...

rumors are circulating that the Thunder are not interested in resigning Harden -- he's being shopped. multiple sources. etc.

Smokey

welp, i'm good till nov 26th.

nov 26th game = nets (liquid swords)

i'm never playing 3 games versus the CPU in a row again. ever.

My next opponent is the Knicks (triggaz) and I refuse to jump ahead to CPU games. Need to space out dat cpu cheese.

I literally turned my xbox off in the third playing the Raptors yesterday.

It was hurting my brain. It's a different logic than real basketball. It's a battle of how I can outcheese their cheese-- I'm on some mild american shit while their rockin sharp cheddar.

Top Bottom