• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K14 Season 11 Online League |OT| Featuring Next-Gen Dreamcast Servers

do you guys notice during timeouts all your players jerseys are pulsating? almost like an effect you would get if you had baggy clothes on and stood next to a really loud speaker. noticed in my last 2 games with phee, can't remember if i ever saw it before. looks ridiculous lol

Smokey

do you guys notice during timeouts all your players jerseys are pulsating? almost like an effect you would get if you had baggy clothes on and stood next to a really loud speaker. noticed in my last 2 games with phee, can't remember if i ever saw it before. looks ridiculous lol

Yeah happens all of the time too

jdmonmou

yeah, I noticed that too. The uniforms seem to be moving on their own. Looks unnatural.

Ferny

Cp3 is insane

I played against cpu 12 min game with clips he had 57pts,28 assists, 10 rebs, 6 steals

lul

Yup and so hard to stop. Played him the first game of my GM season and he murdered Nash.

Is anyone else finding it impossible to make And1s? Every time I get the foul, the ball NEVER goes in.

rinse82

I can't believe 2K is going to make me create a separate user name to be able to play their game online.

Not doing it.

Weird bug where if you have a psn account from ps3 that also had a 2k account, you can't get past the screen where you accept terms of MyPlayer lol, therefore no online features.

If I create a random new user, it works.

you should contact them

they'll fix it by next month

ecnal

game feels pretty good this year.

it's still kinda weird to man up on someone on defense; seems like it's really easy for someone to just blow by you if you don't get that initial body up contact, but, in general, defense feels much better.

i'm assuming they took out the match-up specific defensive assignments? you can't set people to "play tight," "double team," etc anymore? kind of annoying because even when you have your defensive emphasis to "limit perimeter shots," your AI defenders will still leave dead-eye shooters wide open due to weird rotations.

and i still wish there were something at the beginning of an online game that would let me feel out the connection -- e.g. a minute of shoot-a-round to get a feel for release timing.

should be a fun year in the league!

game feels pretty good this year.

it's still kinda weird to man up on someone on defense; seems like it's really easy for someone to just blow by you if you don't get that initial body up contact, but, in general, defense feels much better.

i'm assuming they took out the match-up specific defensive assignments? you can't set people to "play tight," "double team," etc anymore? kind of annoying because even when you have your defensive emphasis to "limit perimeter shots," your AI defenders will still leave dead-eye shooters wide open due to weird rotations.

and i still wish there were something at the beginning of an online game that would let me feel out the connection -- e.g. a minute of shoot-a-round to get a feel for release timing.

should be a fun year in the league!

I agree with all of the above. What defensive settings do you use? Cause I usually defensive assist strength down to 0, but then my player fucking moonwalks all over the place and it seems like one little movement is too much. Seems like 50 assistance strength and "Contest on Intense D" has given me the best results so far, but I'm not sure

and yeah wish we could do something about individual players.

McNei1y

I have only played one game online and I got blown out. It didn't help that I struggled shooting for the entire game. It seems that I need to get used to the release speed online. I also need to work on the defense. I like how it works but I left people open way too many times because they're PG would just sprint around me.

Still... Fun game so far.

Smokey

It's probably best to set defensive assist to 50. Otherwise it is very hard to stay in front of someone. I think the game CB and I played assist was set to 0.

I'm also going to set up a small test league so we can see what we are working with.

Also has anyone seen anything about streaming the audio in game? Cause I think that's necessary. I'm not sure you guys want to hear what other activities are going on in my room while I play!

Smokey

Also has anyone seen anything about streaming the audio in game? Cause I think that's necessary. I'm not sure you guys want to hear what other activities are going on in my room while I play!

It's disabled by 2k for whatever reason when streaming directly from the system.

Other 2k casters who were watching my stream this weekend all said the same.

ecnal

I agree with all of the above. What defensive settings do you use? Cause I usually defensive assist strength down to 0, but then my player fucking moonwalks all over the place and it seems like one little movement is too much. Seems like 50 assistance strength and "Contest on Intense D" has given me the best results so far, but I'm not sure

and yeah wish we could do something about individual players.

It's probably best to set defensive assist to 50. Otherwise it is very hard to stay in front of someone. I think the game CB and I played assist was set to 0.

I'm also going to set up a small test league so we can see what we are working with.

good info, gonna have to try this.

what is defensive assist set to by default?

ecnal

well shit

i need defensive assist at like 70 then :(

maybe i'll try that other setting ph33nix mentioned.

Zep

Banned
If you were having issues logging in under your name you should be good now.

As far as defense goes...try only to use LT when a player begins to make their move. That should give them a little bump and help you stay in front of them. Also use your points of emphasis...The shit actually works as I've seen guys like Battier and Haslem slide over to take charges, when I tell them 'nothing in the paint'

Zep

Banned
Anyone up for a game? Playing under my brothers account I had two Heat players quit because Lebron was getting stifled.

Top Bottom