• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K14 Season 11 Online League |OT| Featuring Next-Gen Dreamcast Servers

Smokey

i created a 4 team test league with 6 games + playoffs to see if they are broken. i sent invites to zep, cb, and pheeniks. accept when you can

Smokey

So first off...you can't change anything. There is no options for sliders, difficulty, quarter length..nothing. There is a trade screen, a roster screen, your schedule, and a standings screen.

So...

my online games have all disconnected in the middle of the match saying there was a connection problem and the match would not be counted.

PS4.

Normal right now?

DMczaf

So first off...you can't change anything. There is no options for sliders, difficulty, quarter length..nothing. There is a trade screen, a roster screen, your schedule, and a standings screen.

iGudBMCn7w324.gif

Smokey

yeah its basically quick match settings in a league environment. so superstar, 6 minute quarters. you can trade but that's about it.

plan B. Myplayer crew or whatever that mode is called

2k14 pc has all this.
game. set. match. console-age.
now join me in the proper 2k14 my bros!

edit: what a shame too! i was so gonna get a ps4 just for 2k.

Denzel-Boom.gif

told yall it was madden 06 when I didn't see some key available options for straight up control schemes.

I don't know if I can say I'm mad at Wang and 2k...they focused on the gameplay first and foremost and I'm honestly shocked at how much they were able to put together in a year. All should be well for 2k15.

movetoxboxonejustified

Smokey

Denzel-Boom.gif

told yall it was madden 06 when I didn't see some key available options for straight up control schemes.

I don't know if I can say I'm mad at Wang and 2k...they focused on the gameplay first and foremost and I'm honestly shocked at how much they were able to put together in a year. All should be well for 2k15.

movetoxboxonejustified

When you say madden 06 though.. That was one of the worst sports games ever so I have a hard time with that comparison. Here they clearly focused on the graphics, gameplay, etc. Establishing some kind of ground work going forward and then throwing menus together.

McNei1y

Soooo... huh. That sucks. Any news that they're going to come out with a patch to add that stuff?

If not, we still gonna run a league?

Faze I'm not sure how 2ks shit justifies a move to that dumb console but whatever makes you happy

and we should still do a league of some kind, maybe we can make our own schedules and just have people report matches and shit....leaguedaddy style

lol

Smokey

Soooo... huh. That sucks. Any news that they're going to come out with a patch to add that stuff?

If not, we still gonna run a league?

I think we can still run the league. Expectations just need to be set before getting started. It's very basic in terms of a feature set, and but you can still trade which is all that matters right! For those complaining about 10+ min quarters, y'all win by default. It is at 6 mins. It's probably on superstar settings as well. That's what the quick matches are.

DCX

DCX
I warned you bro.

I see "The Park" in our future!

Time to create our characters/players
I have tried "The Park" and can't get into a game..i have walked around for 30-40 minutes each time I tried calling next for nothing :/

Bare bones league? Need that basketball action.

DCX

McNei1y

I think we can still run the league. Expectations just need to be set before getting started. It's very basic in terms of a feature set, and but you can still trade which is all that matters right! For those complaining about 10+ min quarters, y'all win by default. It is at 6 mins. It's probably on superstar settings as well. That's what the quick matches are.

Meh, I think I could be okay with that since I don't know the difference yet.

The Park is broken for now.

Smokey

Bare bones league? Need that basketball action.

DCX

As long as it's understood then I don't see an issue. We already have the game.

Thinking back it really is amazing how we went from having a fully integrated league site with front page articles, full team control, live stat tracking, etc to where they are now. That was in 2k11 and earlier.. 3 years ago...

The park is broken? Lool

I'm not going to play in some shit ass Superstar-6 minute bare bones league. I'd rather we just find a way to create our own schedule and go about it that way. It'll take more work but I'm willing to help out and find something fair and fun. Besides, it's not like you can see the full box scores after games (STILL???) so the only thing that really matters is W/L. We won't be able to see stats...but whatever.

I probably sound way too elitist but I can't play on anything less than HOF. Smaller quarters is fine but I like my HOF difficulty.

DCX

DCX
As long as it's understood then I don't see an issue. We already have the game.

Thinking back it really is amazing how we went from having a fully integrated league site with front page articles, full team control, live stat tracking, etc to where they are now. That was in 2k11 and earlier.. 3 years ago...

The park is broken? Lool
Im down for a league anyways..I'm not complaining.

DCX

Smokey

I'm going to do a re poll later to see who would still want to play in the league, even if it's not fully featured. Most should have the game by now, and the PSN login issue has been resolved. Wanted to get it started next week if possible (or maybe week after...Thanksgiving and all?)

DCX

DCX
Thanksgiving week also gives people time off so maybe starting it then would be a good thing rather than wait and have people drop. Strike while the hype window is still open!

DCX

rinse82

I'm going to do a re poll later to see who would still want to play in the league, even if it's not fully featured. Most should have the game by now, and the PSN login issue has been resolved. Wanted to get it started next week if possible (or maybe week after...Thanksgiving and all?)

I'm not a 2K primadonna like pheeniks, so I would still like to play a barebones league.

McNei1y

Yeah. I don't know much about the sliders and settings but if we keep the "sim rules" then I'm still game. I'm tired of facing people who full court press, shoot 3s all game, run the court with their best player, and all of that other cheese stuff.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I'm 2-0 online so far. I'm just playing quick match making games. The people I'm playing have to be complete scrubs because I know I'm not 'good'. I need to cut down on turnovers my passing is terrible.

However, I do feel like I'm pretty good on defense so my opponents have a difficult time getting wide open looks or driving the lane. A few more games and I'm ready to take you on Smoke.

Does the sound get stupid for anyone else playing online? Last night in my random match I had to mute my audio because it kept cutting in and out.

Top Bottom