• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
DCX said:
Depends.
DCX
Example: when playing the lakers: if late in the 2nd quarter its obvious that we can't hang with Kobe; can we risk giving an open shot by doubling him or trying to force a trap in some situations outside the paint?

I see it done often enough to be mentioned/briefed.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Malleymal said:
Im in... give me the jazz....

wait what...

yeah all the regs got shut out

screw em

you want to be in a tournament? I need the achievement points.

DCX

DCX
He can extend it to 16 teams. With you two it would make ofr 14, we need two more and he wants to start this weekend maybe? So, ask him.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
He can extend it to 16 teams. With you two it would make ofr 14, we need two more and he wants to start this weekend maybe? So, ask him.

DCX

I was under the impression that jobber didn't want to play b/c he didn't get the spurs, and didn't say anything about wanting another team. I CAN extend it to 16 teams. We are at 12 right now, another poster named Kai said he wanted to play plus jobber and malley makes 15 which means I would need one more.

jobber said:
yeah all the regs got shut out

screw em

you want to be in a tournament? I need the achievement points.

If you all want in then speak up. However if I extend the teams to 16, then I'm probably going to extend the season from 16 to 24 games.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
If you're willing to extend to 16 teams, I'll gladly join in.

I'll take the Heat.

Cerrius - heat
jobber - ?
Malley -
Kai - celtics

That's 16 right there, but jobber and Malley you need to say if you want in or not otherwise it's staying at 12.

DCX

DCX
I actually would like some new blood in the league. I do understand the league going to 24 games. It makes sense and it should be ok.

DCX

vumpler said:
I will tea bag you in your sleep . Even though I probably won't win a game or have any way to back it up in this league, it's still justified.

Why the fuck are you making personal attacks towards me?!? I made a general statement without explicitly referencing anyboody, but I see the shoe fits you perfectly like Cinderella's glass slippers...so I somewhat understand the misguided angst as you've just implicated yourself as someone to watch.

You just heed Smokey's warning, and we won't have any issues! Hell I might even be an ally in the argument you'll surely be making to join the Madden Season 12 league.... :lol

AkaBalla

I think you can set the league to 14 people.. Check it out

Edit: I just created a league and was able to go from 8,10,12,14 etc...

vumpler

Shawnwhann said:
Oh don't sugar coat it or beat about the bush. There is only one person that you feel enough deep hearted emotional love for (obviously thats the vump) which exacerbates the uncontrollable desire to reference after every post made.

I welcome the statements and cherish them fore no one will ever forget the true definition of a Caciocavallo Podolico. NCAA 07 - never forget.

watch out for me shawn like you always do. *hugs and kisses*

Vump

Smokey

Yeah as soon as you said something I went and checked it out and you're right. Here is who I have so far:

Smokey - Magic/Suns
Matrix - Rockets
CB3 - Lakers
AirBrian - Bulls
Quinton - Jazz
DCX - Knicks
Shawn - Spurs
akaballa - Nuggets
Dark Faze - Sonics
BigBlackGamer - mavs
vumpler - Grizz
ChrisJames - Pistons
Cerrius - Heat
kai - he wanted the celtics but he hasn't responded to any of my PM's. But I'll list him here for now.

jobber
malley

Right now I have 14 people and I can create the league with this, but would like to wait a second and see if malley and jobber want in for sure.`

Shit guys, now I'm not sure if I can join the league. I'm going to be moving on June 26th to a house on a lake out in a rural area and it looks like the only high speed Internet that I will be able to get is through satellite (Dish Network or DirecTV, with max speeds of 1.5mb/sec). If that's not fast enough I could probably go to a friend's to play my games, but I don't think it would be worth the hassle.

So, in summary: Is 1.5 MB/sec fast enough to play a lag free 2k8 game? I think the answer is no, meaning I won't join the league (or any other GAF league until I can get better Internet service).

vumpler

ChrisJames said:
Shit guys, now I'm not sure if I can join the league. I'm going to be moving on June 26th to a house on a lake out in a rural area and it looks like the only high speed Internet that I will be able to get is through satellite (Dish Network or DirecTV, with max speeds of 1.5mb/sec). If that's not fast enough I could probably go to a friend's to play my games, but I don't think it would be worth the hassle.

So, in summary: Is 1.5 MB/sec fast enough to play a lag free 2k8 game? I think the answer is no, meaning I won't join the league (or any other GAF league until I can get better Internet service).
1.5 megabit/sec will be sufficient for Xbox live. However it will be completely imperative that nothing else is running. I haven't seen offers of service that low in a long time :/

Smokey

ChrisJames said:

o_0 man I haven't seen a speed like that in a while. I think XBL is more concerned about your upload than DL. Do you have any idea what it is?

I've sent PM's to Kai, jobber, and Malley yesterday and still haven't heard back, so I guess if I don't hear anything by later on tonight if they want in or not then I will create the league at 12 teams.

1.5 mb is okay.

I'd more concerned with ping times which is what really matters in games.

speedtest.net

Ping east coast, central, and west coast servers.

Kai

Im in... I wanted the lakers though (damn CP3)...

I currently have the celtics, but would take the Suns if available (someone has two teams)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Smokey Bones said:
o_0 man I haven't seen a speed like that in a while. I think XBL is more concerned about your upload than DL. Do you have any idea what it is?

I've sent PM's to Kai, jobber, and Malley yesterday and still haven't heard back, so I guess if I don't hear anything by later on tonight if they want in or not then I will create the league at 12 teams.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11325459&postcount=16

vumpler

Up for a game against an nba 2k8 vet. I need to see how you guys play in the league as in your rotations etc. I'm not looking for epic tips or anything here, just want to make sure I have the basics down so I don't look like an ass game 1.

Gamertag: SpoonKiiiah

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
Up for a game against an nba 2k8 vet. I need to see how you guys play in the league as in your rotations etc. I'm not looking for epic tips or anything here, just want to make sure I have the basics down so I don't look like an ass game 1.

Gamertag: SpoonKiiiah
i'll be down to play sometime tonight if you are still up for it.

DCX

vumpler said:
Oh don't sugar coat it or beat about the bush. There is only one person that you feel enough deep hearted emotional love for (obviously thats the vump) which exacerbates the uncontrollable desire to reference after every post made.

I welcome the statements and cherish them fore no one will ever forget the true definition of a Caciocavallo Podolico. NCAA 07 - never forget.

watch out for me shawn like you always do. *hugs and kisses*

Vump

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I feel nothing for you dude. I just wish you'd disappear out of my gaming experiences. Just when I thought you were out of my life forever following your epic walk of shame from Madden, here you go rising to the top of the toilet water like a nugget of... a nugget of...

:Thanks for the idea Emmitt "GOAT" Smith:

....to the top of the toilet water like a nugget of "cow poo poo"

Every face need a heel though, so I'll have to tap that ass every confrontation as it is my solemn duty! ;)

Smokey

I'm going to create the league tonight with 14 teams since it appears jobber and malley don't want in on this season. That way pre-season games can start with league settings etc.

I'll PM you all the password.

It's 1.5 download and 256 kb upload. The reason the speeds are so slow is because it's through a satellite provider, which is the only way I can get high-speed internet out in the boonies.

I'll go ahead and sign up. I'll have a good connection through at least June 26th and if my games are laggy after that, then I will play at a friends or something.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
It's 1.5 download and 256 kb upload. The reason the speeds are so slow is because it's through a satellite provider, which is the only way I can get high-speed internet out in the boonies.

I'll go ahead and sign up. I'll have a good connection through at least June 26th and if my games are laggy after that, then I will play at a friends or something.

Just give it a go and see whats up.

Smokey

vumpler said:
someone invite me to a game when you are ready :lol I'm still here...

you still on?

oh and kai you can have the suns if you want. im stickin w/ my magic. they haven't let me down yet:D

vumpler

ChrisJames said:

256k up is low as of todays standards but it should work fine for XBL alone. I don't see why the pings should be outrageous so i think it will suffice.

Smokey

Smokey - Magic
Matrix - Rockets
CB3 - Lakers
AirBrian - Bulls
Quinton - Jazz
DCX - Knicks
Shawn - Spurs
akaballa - Nuggets
Dark Faze - Sonics
BigBlackGamer - mavs
vumpler - Grizz
ChrisJames - Pistons
Cerrius - Heat
kai - Suns/Celtics

Those are the teams I'm going to create the league with 14 teams.

I was going to create it tonight but wanted to ask you all if you wanted a 16 game or 24 game season or don't really care?

I know last season we had 10 teams and 24 games made it seem long, but this year we have 14 teams and 16 doesn't seem like a good number IMO, but I understand if some want the shorter season.

Let your voices be heard!!!

vumpler

I vote 16 this bad boy is a 2 month rental. Anything longer would suuck lol.

Smokey Bones said:
Smokey - Magic
Matrix - Rockets
CB3 - Lakers
AirBrian - Bulls
Quinton - Jazz
DCX - Knicks
Shawn - Spurs
akaballa - Nuggets
Dark Faze - Sonics
BigBlackGamer - mavs
vumpler - Grizz
ChrisJames - Pistons
Cerrius - Heat
kai - Suns/Celtics

Those are the teams I'm going to create the league with 14 teams.

I was going to create it tonight but wanted to ask you all if you wanted a 16 game or 24 game season or don't really care?

I know last season we had 10 teams and 24 games made it seem long, but this year we have 14 teams and 16 doesn't seem like a good number IMO, but I understand if some want the shorter season.

Let your voices be heard!!!

24 is a good number I think. This can be a great diversion all the way until NCAA08 drops for the PSTriple!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

DCX

DCX
16 seems right just before MGS and NCAA. 24 would be the ideal number due to playing your opponent more than once.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Andokuky said:
Wow 5 seasons on 2k8 huh? Nice. I'd try to join but you seem full. Who won the first 4 seasons?
the last two by smokey, mally won one. I don't know the other two. I faced Malley for the championship with the Knicks once, but i doubt that was this year. To be honest i think we've run two season and this is the third. I just think he added all the seasons he has been in over two years. It should be like this:

GAF NBA 2k8 Season 3 League 2? who knows how it's properly worded.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
the last two by smokey, mally won one. I don't know the other two. I faced Malley for the championship with the Knicks once, but i doubt that was this year. To be honest i think we've run two season and this is the third. I just think he added all the seasons he has been in over two years. It should be like this:

GAF NBA 2k8 Season 3 League 2? who knows how it's properly worded.

DCX

Yeah I'm not sure of the correct wording, I just put 5 well because it comes after 4:lol

AkaBalla

Season 1 never finished...- But i crowned myself - Konex was last place

Season 2 - Malley - Konex again was in last place

Season 3 - Aka - Guess what? Konex was last place again

Season 4 & 5 - Smokey - He didnt participate as the ping pong balls faded and there was no more room for a Konex team to be in the basement again..

:lol

vumpler

Man I want ando in on this :( Someone make it happen! By the way, Andy: lets get a game tonight or something :D I'll pm you.

Top Bottom