• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ill sign in tomorrow sometime during the day,too tired to deal with my 360 tonight.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm not in the country right now...

But I won't/couldn't join for two reasons.

1) This game doesn't have Chris Quinn, Blake Ahearn, Stephane Lasme, or Kasib Powell. All huge members of the most recent Miami Heat rotation.

2) My disc is almost cracked so I can hardly last a game.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Will sign in late this afternoon :D I'm a dominant force as the Grizzzz!

lol

DCX

DCX
Gonna sign up right now. I have to find a good rotation with the Knicks. I have a feeling i may be putting David Lee on the trading block again. He is just way to good to be on the bench and maybe i can get a good piece to my rotation puzzle for him.

DCX

AkaBalla said:
Are my infamous Trading Restrictions valid for this season as well?

On this note, please dont trade any three point shooters to Smokey everyone. The last two finals I've played him in he has raped me with his acquired 3pt talent. Any trade to him is akin to trading with the New England Patriots or the L.A. Lakers...you just dont do it... unless you want him to three peat.

Yeah I'm cockblocking your trade prospects Smokey....gotta go political!! ;)

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Are my infamous Trading Restrictions valid for this season as well?

For this season I'm taking them off. Make things interesting. So no restrictions, but if you all want to get raped like the Grizzlies go ahead, but I'm sure we have more sense than them . You're the GM so you do what you gotta do to make your team better.:D

Shawnwhann said:
On this note, please dont trade any three point shooters to Smokey everyone. The last two finals I've played him in he has raped me with his acquired 3pt talent. Any trade to him is akin to trading with the New England Patriots or the L.A. Lakers...you just dont do it... unless you want him to three peat.

Now what just a minute! Season 3 Matrix and I made a great 2 team trade. I believe since we did that trade we were both undefeated until the season was simmed. I'm not gonna lie though Wells, Francis, and Alston on my squad made the Magic a beast. Last season the only trade I made was with DCX to get Ely, everything else was in house ;)

DCX said:
Smokey, want Q and Nate? :p

DCX

I'll take Q. I can use him.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
I was joking but i will be looking to trade Lee.

TRADING BLOCK
- David Lee
- Quintin Richardson

I'll listen to any offer. I'm looking for backup SG, SF and C

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My team became insane when I added Nelson,JJ and Battie.

I never lost a game with them till I choked in the playoffs like usual.

Smokey and I made a trade that clearly helped us both.

vumpler

Officially Signed into the League.

also

I'm willing to trade one of the best free throw shooters in recent history, you just let me know your offer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APKVIuBDZcw&feature=related

I can't part with any of these guys though they are my core:

Must Keep

Juan Carlos
Rudy Gay
Mike Miller

The rest can go.

I have a huge feeling I won't get any offers, which is fine. I love my Grizz however some serious changes must occur in this off-season.

Smokey Bones said:
For this season I'm taking them off. Make things interesting. So no restrictions, but if you all want to get raped like the Grizzlies go ahead, but I'm sure we have more sense than them . You're the GM so you do what you gotta do to make your team better.:D

Now what just a minute! Season 3 Matrix and I made a great 2 team trade. I believe since we did that trade we were both undefeated until the season was simmed. I'm not gonna lie though Wells, Francis, and Alston on my squad made the Magic a beast. Last season the only trade I made was with DCX to get Ely, everything else was in house ;)

Oh really huh?!? Ok, it's on then rudeboy!

Everyone is available for trade on my team! That's right Tim Dunkin Donuts, Manu Balding Ginoboli, Tony Longoria...EVERYONE. Make your offers and join the fire sale before supplies are depleted!

Jobber am cry! :D

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
Officially Signed into the League.

also

I'm willing to trade one of the best free throw shooters in recent history, you just let me know your offer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APKVIuBDZcw&feature=related

I can't part with any of these guys though they are my core:

Must Keep

Juan Carlos
Rudy Gay
Mike Miller

The rest can go.

I have a huge feeling I won't get any offers, which is fine. I love my Grizz however some serious changes must occur in this off-season.
I see a David Lee in your future...

DCX

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Oh really huh?!? Ok, it's on then rudeboy!

Everyone is available for trade on my team! That's right Tim Dunkin Donuts, Manu Balding Ginoboli, Tony Longoria...EVERYONE. Make your offers and join the fire sale before supplies are depleted!

Jobber am cry! :D

akaballa said:
Melo can be had..

What are you guys offering?

Already trying to give up the superstars huh :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:

I'm not even in this league and I totally support this statement. Getting torched by Steve Francis or whatever bum Smokey put out at the three point line was ridiculous. Lewis - fine. Turkey - fine. Franics - NO.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cerrius said:
I'm willing to part with Shawn Marion and Udonis Haslem for Melo.
i thought you had to trade players straight up in the league. no 2 for 1's. right?

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
...I signed up last night.

AirBrian still needs to join.

I was just testing to see if you were paying attention to the thread.

So AirBrian and Kai is who is left. Please sign in by tomorrow night.

vumpler

Anyone on that has a second for me to ask them a few questions over voice chat? There are just a few very basic features of the game that I still don't understand and I think its making the game incredibly more difficult.

SpoonKiIIah (those are 3 i's)

Smokey

vumpler said:
Anyone on that has a second for me to ask them a few questions over voice chat? There are just a few very basic features of the game that I still don't understand and I think its making the game incredibly more difficult.

Wish I would've seen this earlier I'd help you out.

Maybe I can meet up with you tomorrow.

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:

Vump, we can play tonight. I'll hop on the mic and help as much as i can. I just hope we can play on the league sliders. Come on guys get signed in so we can get this epic season rolling!

DCX

vumpler

DCX said:
You still around? I can play now.

DCX
GG man :) it was fun.

When can we play with the sliders?

how is the game different with the sliders than with regular HoF?

Who are we missing?

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
GG man :) it was fun.

When can we play with the sliders?

how is the game different with the sliders than with regular HoF?
GG It's different. Missing point blank shots, better three point consistency, jumpers etc.

DCX

vumpler

Kick one of these guys who haven't joined up yet and let ando take their spot. This is stupid. If they can't take 30 seconds to sit infront of a computer over a period of 3 days, how can we expect them to play 2-3 1 hour games a week?...

Smokey

Kai is on short notice right now and I'll probably get another vet to replace him. Can't be a new guy and not respond to multiple PMs or show up in the thread. Tried to give new blood a chance but first impression has already been made.

AirBrian on the other hand I dunno what's going on. I'm willing to wait on him because he was very reliable last year and this is unlike him. Maybe he's out of town or something it says he hasn't signed onto XBL since the 28th.

vumpler

lol I have 4 mic's.. How do you only have 1?

Actually I dont know how I have 2 of them but I do *shrugs*

Smokey

vumpler said:
lol I have 4 mic's.. How do you only have 1?

Actually I dont know how I have 2 of them but I do *shrugs*

Been to lazy to buy another one. Will probably buy one of the wireless ones when I do though.

Anyway, the league is starting Tuesday June 3rd whether we have 12 people or 14.

Smokey

Update--

Truelize is probably going to replace Kai and will sign in soon which will give 13.

AirBrian is the only one left but I dunno what's going on with him.

vumpler

Smokey Bones said:
Update--

Truelize is probably going to replace Kai and will sign in soon which will give 13.

AirBrian is the only one left but I dunno what's going on with him.
Can we contact Ando and see if he can hop in? He's one of the most reliable players I know.

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
Can we contact Ando and see if he can hop in? He's one of the most reliable players I know.
Ando is a realible player from the Madden leagues but AirBrian is a NBA vet? not my call, i just want to play :p

DCX

vumpler

I need some practice! Who's up for a game?

Add me: SpoonKiIIah (3 i's in a row just 2 caps)

Smokey

vumpler said:

I'll send him a message through XBL(I think he got banned the other day) just in case AirBrian doesn't come through. Monday is the last day I'm willing to wait, I plan on launching the league on Tuesday.

Top Bottom