• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
:lol Bones. You run that pick so well. I kept trying to do it but ran into 3 guys everytime I called a pick. I got so flustered in the middle of the 2nd quarter I just kept trying to run it. That didn't work so I slowed it back down.

I think I figured out how to shoot 3's better at the end of the game. I believe I was holding X wayyy to long. Either that or it just lets mike miller hit shots like that at the end just to make the score not look so bad.

Smokey

vumpler said:
:lol Bones. You run that pick so well. I kept trying to do it but ran into 3 guys everytime I called a pick. I got so flustered in the middle of the 2nd quarter I just kept trying to run it. That didn't work so I slowed it back down.

I think I figured out how to shoot 3's better at the end of the game. I believe I was holding X wayyy to long. Either that or it just lets mike miller hit shots like that at the end just to make the score not look so bad.

GG. I love how they gave me Evans and Cook..2 more 3 pt shooters. I need to work on my release though, it ain't where I want it to be yet.

AirBrian said:
I signed in. Sorry, guys! I was out of town and forgot to mention it in the haste of leaving.

!!!

He's alive!

I figured it was something which is why I waited.

Alright..everybody is finally signed up and I'm about to create the schedule for the league.

Matchups for Game 1:

New York @ Chicago
Orlando @ Dallas
San Antonio @ Detroit
Memphis @ LA Lakers
Denver @ Utah
Houston @ Miami
Boston @ Seattle

1st game deadline is Wednesday June 4th 1159p CDT

Smokey

Cerrius, I need your GT.

Everybody's GT is on the front page if you need to get a hold of someone.

Also if you have AIM please list your name, my AIM handle is dboythagr8.

BigBlackGamer can you play tonight?

Damn, it feels like I always play Shawn. Let me know when you can play.

Also, Rasheed Wallace (PF/C, 86), Rodney Stuckey (SG, 75), Hayes (SF, 73), and Herrmann (PF, 76) are all on the block.

AKA check your PM's, I sent you a possible trade offer.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cerrius,when can you play?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey Bones said:
Cerrius, I need your GT.

Same as GAF Username.

ChrisJames said:
Also, Rasheed Wallace (PF/C, 86), Rodney Stuckey (SG, 75), Hayes (SF, 73), and Herrmann (PF, 76) are all on the block.

Shawn Marion for Rasheed straight up.

Matrix said:
Cerrius,when can you play?

I'm good to play from 6PM EST and onwards. Whenever you're ready.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cerrius said:
I'm good to play from 6PM EST and onwards. Whenever you're ready.

I can play at 6:30 pm eastern,I'll be in the league lobby then.

Cerrius said:
Shawn Marion for Rasheed straight up.

That's a deal. I proposed the trade, so just go to the website or in game and accept and we're set.

AKA, I sent you another trade offer, check your PM's.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
That's a deal. I proposed the trade, so just go to the website or in game and accept and we're set.

AKA, I sent you another trade offer, check your PM's.
Matrix to the Pistons?! Whos going to run down low for you Chris? Maybe A David Lee is in your future :p

DCX

DCX said:
Matrix to the Pistons?! Whos going to run down low for you Chris? Maybe A David Lee is in your future :p

DCX

Hey, I want the Pistons to get rid of Sheed after his latest fuck-ups against the Celtics. If he would actually have control of himself emotionally the Pistons probably would've been in the Finals a couple more times over the past 6 years.

I have a lot of big men on my roster (McDyess, Maxiell, Johnson, Herrmann), so I'm not worried. I figure Marion can play at PF most of the time...

Out of curiosity, who would you want for Lee?

AirBrian

DCX said:
Are you home now?

DCX

Sorry, DCX, I'm at work. I'll should be home and ready sometime around 8 PM (CDT). What time works best for you? Not too late if possible, I got back in town way too late last night and I'm exhausted.

Smokey Bones said:
I will approve it when I get home in about a hour.

I'll wait until you approve the trade before I play Chris James. I am much more comfy posting up Timmy without having to worry about the defense of Wallace. And unless ChrisJames can practice a couple hours prior to the game, he's going to have some trouble adjusting to Marion's funky jumpshot!

Thanks Cerrius! I owe you a concession bucket when we play!

Shawnwhann said:
Hey ChrisJames, how would you feel about parting with Tayshaun Prince for Manu Ginoboli?

First of all, I hate the Spurs with a passion, especially Manu... Secondly, I'm very adamant about keeping Billups, Rip, and Tayshaun together.

When do you want to play by the way?

ChrisJames said:
First of all, I hate the Spurs with a passion, especially Manu... Secondly, I'm very adamant about keeping Billups, Rip, and Tayshaun together.

When do you want to play by the way?

Yeah I don't blame you. I hate the Spurs as well which is why I'm not at all opposed to trading them all away! That being said, I've gained an appreciation for what they are from playing a dozen games or so over the past week!

I'm game tonight! (i.e. 7pm-8pm pst)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dark FaZe said:
Truelize, you ready to go?

I'm good for a match at about 8pm eastern if your go.

That could work actually. I just got home and I don't see a big problem with shutting out the family for a game. Could you play at 9 est though? That way I could have supper first.

My gamertag is Truelize and my AIM contact is Truelize ( I like to mix it up). Send me a message somewhere and lets work on a time.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I'm here my man. Just got done treating patients. You online now?

DCX said:
Ummm...hello, where are the mods? And what do i have to do to become one?!?!

DCX

I second this motion.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vumpler said:
I'm here my man. Just got done treating patients. You online now?

I second this motion.

im not online at the moment, but i can be if you want to play

I think Smokey's the only admin right now. We should at least have a couple so that we can reset games. The league just started today basically, so he probably hasn't had time to give admin rights yet.

Truelize said:
That could work actually. I just got home and I don't see a big problem with shutting out the family for a game. Could you play at 9 est though? That way I could have supper first.

My gamertag is Truelize and my AIM contact is Truelize ( I like to mix it up). Send me a message somewhere and lets work on a time.

Sorry about that. Was working on some material and didn't think you'd show. If your still able to play later tonight, post here or on xbox.com and we should be able to get something setup for tonight. Otherwise we should be able to get something together for tomorrow. Anywhere after 8pm eastern any late into the night is fare game for me.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
I think Smokey's the only admin right now. We should at least have a couple so that we can reset games. The league just started today basically, so he probably hasn't had time to give admin rights yet.
Ultra fail

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I tried a game against the computer with the Celtics and I was HORRIBLE. This season should be interesting. lol.

I'm gonna do my best to just relax and have a good time though. Maybe I'll feel all zen cause I have Ray Ray back. Thanks to everyone for leaving the Celtics for me :D

And... check out my thread and help a brother out. 10 year wedding anniversary this Friday and I don't have a clue what to get her.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305744

Smokey

DCX said:
we need a reset.

DCX

Sorry!

I just reset the game.

Truelize, ChrisJames, and Matrix are the co-admins and can do everything I can. All 3 are fairly easy to get a hold of whether GAF here or XBL.

Sorry about the late response.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh. It has begun. :lol

I missed two 1 foot layups in the last half a minute with KG. I don't know his release yet or something, that was just chaos.

And DarkFaze didn't commit a single foul all game. Wow. Home town refs ftw. :D

gg man. I had fun. I can't hate on anyone that uses the Sonics. That was my team until they got rid of Ray Ray. I go where Ray goes.

Top Bottom