• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

AkaBalla

Dam great series...

AI goes for the game winner with the 3... 8 seconds left for the Spurs.. Denver up by one..

Lead pass to Duncan he loses control and gains control.. Dunk And1 w/ .2 seconds left.... FTW..

What an ending..

Good luck

Spurs win 3-1 with Duncan scoring the winning bucket with .2 secs remaining. Tough way to lose, but that's how the cookie crumbles...

Good series Aka!

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Dam great series...

AI goes for the game winner with the 3... 8 seconds left for the Spurs.. Denver up by one..

Lead pass to Duncan he loses control and gains control.. Dunk And1 w/ .2 seconds left.... FTW..

What an ending..

Good luck

Oh that hurts.

Alright fellas we are now in the semi-finals.

So we've got:

Miami Heat (Cerrius)
Orlando Magic (me)

San Antonio Spurs (Shawn)
LA Lakers (CB3)

Best of 5 boys!

Let's get it, the Finals await!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey when can we battle?

EDIT: what a coincidence, same time post. Yeah I'm available all of today and Friday after 11pm EST

Smokey

Holy crap Cerrius just gave me the hardest playoff series ever in my GAF NBA2K career. I had the 2-0 series lead and he came back to tie it up at 2-2 by beating me by like 20 pts each time and I was actually getting discouraged. But game 45was on my home court which I earned from my hard work in the regular season:D .

Anyway game goes back and forth back and forth and it comes down to the last minute of the game. Final seconds I'm down by 4. Lewis was hot so I launch a 3 with him, miss, Howard gets offensive rebound, pass back to Lewis launch again with 6 secs left..goes in down by 1. I foul him knocks both FT's down, so I'm down by 3 again with 5 seconds to go. Call TO to get to 1/2 court, in bound to Lewis launch a 3 and say my prayers and BAM goes in with 1.1 secs left!

I tell ya I never jumped up so quick in my life with joy!

OT I outscored him 19-13 to get the win. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop Wade, who had 50 POINTS, Ricky Davis had 24, and Wallace had 20 :/. I happened to hit a couple shots in a row with Lewis at the end and he carried me the rest of the game and finished with 41 pts.

Epic game.

Great series Cerrius, you had me demoralized in games 3 and 4.

But now..I await in the Finals to play the winner of CB3 and Shawn..as I attempt to pull off the magical 3 peat...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
It was a hell of a series, Shard's three at the end of regulation made me smile. I expected it go in. :lol

Next season on 2K9 will be different with Wade, Beasley, Chalmers and Marion!

Good luck in the finals Smokey.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
It was a hell of a series, Shard's three at the end of regulation made me smile. I expected it go in. :lol

Next season on 2K9 will be different with Wade, Beasley, Chalmers and Marion!

Ugh that team is gonna be tough.

I wonder who I`ll get next year. I want Boston back cause I`m the biggest Ray fan on the face of the planet (or GAF) but Aka is Boston. And I usually start with the Cavs but I`m so sick of that team being just Lebron.

Cerrius said:

Next season on 2K9 will be different with Wade, Beasley, Chalmers and Marion, controlled by pheeniks!

I know!

CB and I are playing our game 3 in the next ten minutes.

So far it's 2-0 for me... Third straight finals matchup is ALMOST confirmed!! :D

Smokey

Looks like Shawn escaped with a one point win in Game 3 of his series against CB3. So for the THIRD straight season the championship for the GAF NBA2k8 league will be:

Smokey (21-3)
05HowardDwight02.jpg

v.

Shawn (19-4)
duncan.jpg

Horrah!

3 peat .. or defeat?

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Why do I get the "I'm constipated" image while you get the high flying one in Staples of all places?!?

Should be fun...

b/c timmay is gonna be shittin' bricks thinking about DH!

Smokey

Truelize said:
One more reason this (and all big sports games) need a spectator mode.

I don't understand why it's not put into any next-gen games. We have leagues, websites, VIP profiles that track your playstyles etc., but we don't have a spectator mode. I don't understand it.

shawn said:
Yo Smoke, I got some time within the next 1.5 hours. Let's try and get a game in today!

Damn, looks like I missed you. Can you still go in the evening?

Smokey

Shawn is up 2-0

Game 1 - 90-81

Game 2 - 86-75

Game 3 - Magic up by 15 4 mins left in 3rd quarter, game gives network connection error. Awesome.

Game 3 replay - who knows because tropical storm hits houston tomorrow and who knows what can happen with that!

Smokey said:
Shawn is up 2-0

Game 1 - 90-81

Game 2 - 86-75

Game 3 - Magic up by 15 4 mins left in 3rd quarter, game gives network connection error. Awesome.

Game 3 replay - who knows because tropical storm hits houston tomorrow and who knows what can happen with that!

Yeah it's been an interesting series thus far... Both games, I was able to build up a big enough lead to sustain your fourth quarter comebacks (particularly in game one).

Game three was a tough one because you had a comfortable lead yet there was plenty of time for me to try and chop in down and possibly steal it. I'd concede defeat had it been 4-5 minutes left in the fourth quarter, but it is what it is.

Here's hoping and praying you and your loved ones are not significantly impacted by the tropical storm, and we'll pick it up once you're in the clear!

Soooo close to my first NBA title...

Smokey said:
Possibly, but it ain't over!

Quit being greedy!

You got your two titles, it's time to let one of us mere mortals reign on top.

I got my stuff all stocked in my U-Haul right outside the championship gates, and I ain't going back downhill with an full truck...:D

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I got my stuff all stocked in my U-Haul right outside the championship gates, and I ain't going back downhill with an full truck...:D

:lol

The tropical storm broke up pretty nicely and all appears to be well, so we could possibly play tonight.

Smokey

Series over Shawn is victorious 3-1.

Congrats to Shawn for being 2k8 Season 5 champ!

While I'm saddened that I couldn't bring it home for the 3rd time in a row, it's not so bad when I think I won two in a row and was a unknown here on GAF and had to prove myself:D

I couldn't hit any shots at all for some reason. I notice Lewis has a tendency to do this when he plays highly rated defensive teams, and I couldn't stop Shawn's abuse of the pick and roll which also killed me. At least I got one in and it wasn't a sweep:lol .

So unless I'm wrong this is probably the last season for GAF on NBA2k8. 2K9 is only 2 months away so I don't see anything wrong with that.

So congrats again to shawn, but rest assured I'll be back for 2k9.

It's now 2-1 in Finals buddy, I still got a leg up on you!!

After 4 tough emotional, and contested games we have a series conclusion with a 3-1 outcome and have a...NEW....CHAMPION!!!!!!

Thanks for giving me all I can handle Smokey, and I feel lucky to beat you for the crown. Can't wait to go at it again a year from now!!

To the celebratory scenes....:D

16nba.600.1.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Congrats to shawn. As much as we don't get along, its still nice to see a change in throne every now and then.

Good work.

Hate to bump the old thread, but I don't really wanna start a half-assed NBA2K9 thread...I just want to get some impressions on what system the next league is going to be on. In addition, are we looking at a November launch date for Season 6?

jobber said:
your championship is not recognized by the elder GAF

My road to the title was fierce taking out AKA, CB, and Smokey on the way to my first crown!

Hopefully you grow a pair and join Season 6 instead of playing ring leader of the peanut gallery! ;-)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll be getting 2k9 on the PS3,in fact I already pre-ordered my copy since I had trade in credit.

Just not dealing with the red rings,if it keeps me out of the league,oh well :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Shawnwhann said:
My road to the title was fierce taking out AKA, CB, and Smokey on the way to my first crown!

Hopefully you grow a pair and join Season 6 instead of playing ring leader of the peanut gallery! ;-)

you jacked my team.
fall back.

Matrix said:
I'll be getting 2k9 on the PS3,in fact I already pre-ordered my copy since I had trade in credit.

Just not dealing with the red rings,if it keeps me out of the league,oh well :(

I'm with you regarding PS3 being the best choice for league stability.

And Jobber; that's no excuse. CB jacked my Lakers last season, but you didn't see me launch a virtual tantrum while fading away. :lol

jobber

Shawnwhann said:
I'm with you regarding PS3 being the best choice for league stability.

And Jobber; that's no excuse. CB jacked my Lakers last season, but you didn't see me launch a virtual tantrum while fading away. :lol

you never finished the season.

jobber

Shawnwhann said:
K Junior! Why don't you start the NBA2K9 thread..oh wait...yea...

Actually, I can make threads

It's just a tag I got for dissin new people.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The league will be on the 360. If Matrix and Shaun want to play on the PS3 that sucks. But I am not using the Dual Shock sticks for NBA. No way Jose.

I can understand why Matrix doesn't want to play on the 360, seeing that he is on Xbox #9 or something. But Shaun? What's up man? Is the Xbox on the big tv? I can understand that too. Kinda sucks to be kicking her off a tv so you can play one game on the system.

Truelize said:
The league will be on the 360. If Matrix and Shaun want to play on the PS3 that sucks. But I am not using the Dual Shock sticks for NBA. No way Jose.

I can understand why Matrix doesn't want to play on the 360, seeing that he is on Xbox #9 or something. But Shaun? What's up man? Is the Xbox on the big tv? I can understand that too. Kinda sucks to be kicking her off a tv so you can play one game on the system.

If the 360 had built-in wireless, I would not care which system it's on.

But yes, my logistical setup is not very league friendly with the 360 tethered to the main TV. I may try and find a wireless adapter on the cheap somewhere though...

Top Bottom