• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Smokey

Anyway here is what the playoffs look like now. Best of 5:

Utah 0
Orlando 2

Memphis 1
Miami 3

Seattle 0
LA Lakers 1

Denver 0
San Antonio 0

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:
No worries bro, the wife is sleep and I am just dicking around on my iPhone. It's quite impressive!!

I think it is all kinds of awesome that even on your honeymoon you can find time for GAF drama. :lol

Dark FaZe said:
:lol

I'll choose more wisely in the 2k9 league

Seriously Faze, how did you ever win a game at all? I only had one player in double figures. Durant scores very well, but my gosh the post players are HORRIBLE.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Smokey Bones said:
which is good because I wouldn't of let you.
Joke League Confirmed:
joke.jpg

I have all the games from the series recorded. Evidence is overwhelming how much of a joke Cerrius is, and love how you are defending him. I can takes screens and vids from any point in any game and prove how unsim that kid is. Not once did he do anything outside of glitch and exploit watching frames go to the basket and pass down low.

I also love how true said:
"truelize: the guy just knows how to work the game man. we can all get mad about it, but I don't really think we can fault him. I mean I don't enjoy playing against him but if he has played nearly 1000 games online it's got to be tough to just play competely differently.
jaso1nk: ...
truelize: he is not a true gaf sports guy in my eyes. it's tough to find one.

So just as long as someone has played 1000 games, playing sim can be thrown out the window? Its not like this is only True's viewpoint so I'm not calling him out. It appears to be the viewpoint of the whole commish staff.

I just thought this was a sim league (which 75% of the people I played were.) I didn't know there were exceptions.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
There's a reason I had near 30 fastbreak points :lol

You kept trying to dunk with Rudy Gay all the time or shoot threes with Mike Miller. It was downright pathetic.

And can you elaborate on why you would double my players outside the paint?

While you're at it, explain why you kept running around with your PG hunting for steals.

Also, why did you full court press me in the first quarter?

Why were you swiping at my inbounds pass?

You're a joke. You tried to cheese and I gave you a lesson on how to do it.

I was going to keep quiet on your shady tactics but that fourth game when you started bitching got out of line.

EDIT: The irony of vumpler complaining about sim play is not lost on me. :lol

vumpler

There's a reason I had near 30 fastbreak points :lol Yup you're 2nd in cheese charge.

You kept trying to dunk with Rudy Gay all the time or shoot threes with Mike Miller. It was downright pathetic.
I have 3 scores and the point break down was fair. If Mike, Rudy, Juan, or Cardinal are open from 3 I'm taking the shot. They do in RL every time. Hell even Conley does, but he never makes them.

And can you elaborate on why you would double my players outside the paint?
After your cheese fest full of 3 quarters, I doubled teamed you twice in the fourth. No excuse for it, but it happened.
While you're at it, explain why you kept running around with your PG hunting for steals.
Never happened. I can't even steal the ball ever. I think I had maybe 3 steals all season. My guys reach and foul. You're the master of steals, you even know how to do it every time you're camping under the basket with a PG and its a fast break. All you did all game was swipe with your PG. Its all you ever do ALL SERIES.
Also, why did you full court press me in the first quarter?
You're full of shit. i just went through it. I can't even find a full court press in the first half. Even if I tried you half court passed every play so then it would be a half court press.

Why were you swiping at my inbounds pass?

4th quarter and down by 30 its called full court press. It happened once on a half court inbound in the 2nd quarter as well.

Don't call out random bullshit you do or see people do in pubs and pin it on me. Shit never happened and you know it.

Smokey

vumpler said:
Joke League Confirmed:
joke.jpg

I have all the games from the series recorded. Evidence is overwhelming how much of a joke Cerrius is, and love how you are defending him. I can takes screens and vids from any point in any game and prove how unsim that kid is. Not once did he do anything outside of glitch and exploit watching frames go to the basket and pass down low.

I also love how true said:

So just as long as someone has played 1000 games, playing sim can be thrown out the window? Its not like this is only True's viewpoint so I'm not calling him out. It appears to be the viewpoint of the whole commish staff.

I just thought this was a sim league (which 75% of the people I played were.) I didn't know there were exceptions.

Ok but what was with the fag comment that you said to shawn. Completely uncalled for and why I said I wouldn't let you advance. Until there is a feature in the game that allows others to be spectators it will always be one word against another. I don't know what happened only you and Cerrius know so there's only so much the myself and the co-commissioners can do. One thing I can do is not take you calling other members fags because you're upset or caught up in the moment. There are other ways to get your point across rather than using derogatory terms such as that.

And I take much offense to you calling this league a 'joke league'. I let you in this league and was willing to give you a chance despite many others telling me not to, and then at the end you pull out these stunts. Quitting during a playoff game, the game with Cerrius, name calling other members hardcore. I clearly laid out the rules for this league at the very beginning and if you didn't agree with them you should of said something to me before joining.

I understand you are trying to defend yourself but there are numerous allegations against you and when you come into the thread calling other people fags and what not you expect me to sympathize or be on your side? AND on top of that turn around and call this a joke league?

Wow.

vumpler

Joke league if people are allowed to do whatever cheese they want and get away with it. Simple statement with easy parameters to define. If you take offense to it, then you must understand what's going on in your own league and refuse to do anything about it. You have to make a move and you chose to remove me when your boy cheeses and get away with it.

I appreciate you letting me in the league. Shawn and Cerrius ruin the site, not me. I call them out for it and don't put up with bullshit in an online environment. We all put up with bullshit all day long, no reason to have to tolerate full of shit liars online too.

It's not your fault no league removes players for being cheesy on gaf. Everyone knows you can't get kicked from a gaf league for cheese, everyone just "hopes" it goes away. Shawn is the perfect example. He knows what he can get away with, and what he's going to get called out for. He just gets on aim immediately and gets the first word of bullshit in and makes accusations against the other player, and handshakes the commish's often.

He's done it since day one and is a master of it. No one can take that away from him. I would assume he works in high level sales for some company. I hate bullshitter's.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shawn has never cheesed me in a game of 2k8. i have no doubt he knows how to, but everyone pretty much knows how to be cheap in 2k8. Infact, ive been kicking shawns ass the past few leagues games and in some scrimmages. still, no sign of being cheap or exploiting the game at all.

Now i dont recall you being cheap either in our game. But you threw out that fag reference, which is very uncalled for, no matter what is happening

vumpler

CB3 said:
Shawn has never cheesed me in a game of 2k8.
He outright admitted he cheesed the hell out of me in his throw down court spree and it got dismissed as "previous beef between each other." Wow.

vumpler said:
Joke league if people are allowed to do whatever cheese they want and get away with it. Simple statement with easy parameters to define. If you take offense to it, then you must understand what's going on in your own league and refuse to do anything about it. You have to make a move and you chose to remove me when your boy cheeses and get away with it.

I appreciate you letting me in the league. Shawn and Cerrius ruin the site, not me. I call them out for it and don't put up with bullshit in an online environment. We all put up with bullshit all day long, no reason to have to tolerate full of shit liars online too.

It's not your fault no league removes players for being cheesy on gaf. Everyone knows you can't get kicked from a gaf league for cheese, everyone just "hopes" it goes away. Shawn is the perfect example. He knows what he can get away with, and what he's going to get called out for. He just gets on aim immediately and gets the first word of bullshit in and makes accusations against the other player, and handshakes the commish's often.

He's done it since day one and is a master of it. No one can take that away from him. I would assume he works in high level sales for some company. I hate bullshitter's.

This is too slanderous for me not to respond swiftly and decisively.

You are highly delusional to suggest your perception in the GAF leagues have to do with folks like me working the league leaders to have one opinion or another. That view is highly disrespectful towards guys like FMT and Smokey that factor in a bunch of variables before any decisions are made regarding rules and severe consequences for league members. You are giving me far too much credit and not giving much at all to the commissioners here....

Unlike you, I take all feedback about my game very seriously and I take a long look in the mirror when there is validity to a claim about my game. In my years of playing in these leagues, I have learned to play the way that is in sync with the established etiquette here. The constant with you is that every year, in every league, multiple people always complain about your play. The real kicker is the disrespectful and slanderous comments you've made this year that takes it to a whole new level. Use of the term "fagot" and other homosexual references offends me to my very core. I did alot of work in my college days towards fighting racism, gay and lesbian discrimination and sexual assault; so seeing such unsolicited hate and disrespect just shows another side to who you are.

Make no mistake my friend, this is a bed that you made, so in analyzing where it all went wrong; I suggest you start from the beginning as there have been many stops on the way to your current destination....irrelevance.

It's been real!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I love the attempt to throw me under the bus. :lol

Man the best to come out of this is I am no longer the biggest complainer. :D Man I bitch about everything, we all know it. I'm a great guy an hour after a game but during a game and immediately afterwards I'm mad as hell when I'm trying to figure out what voodoo my opponent is using against me.

Did I enjoy my game against Cerrius??? Not at all. Did anyone else know of this? Nope. Smokey could even tell I was ticked about someone I had played earlier in the year and he sent me a PM asking me who it was that did something I object to. I did not reply. No need to.
I found that later in the season I found ways to play "my" game and not just be mad at how my opponent was playing. And I had some success.

But I don't have any beef with anyone anymore. Shawn beat me this season and we had a talk afterwards of course, but it was no where near as heated as last season. Maybe cause I realized where I had made mistakes and played right into his hands at times.
And Cerrius and I had a big blowup years ago. And after that incident and some awesome Halo3 nights playing together I realized he is a good guy. Do our styles of play match in NBA2k? Not really. Oh well.

And the "true gaf sports guy" remark goes along with how I have this vision of how games should be played. I'm made many comments of how when this game is played "right" it's incredible. But until I figure out how to play against myself there will only be one "True Gaf Sports Guy".

:D

side note. I was leading against CB3 and his Lakers and 2k dumped our connection. :( Why does this game have these issues if we are playing peer to peer? It still doesn't make any sense to me.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Shawn has never cheesed me in a game of 2k8. i have no doubt he knows how to, but everyone pretty much knows how to be cheap in 2k8. Infact, ive been kicking shawns ass the past few leagues games and in some scrimmages. still, no sign of being cheap or exploiting the game at all.

Now i dont recall you being cheap either in our game. But you threw out that fag reference, which is very uncalled for, no matter what is happening
I will say, he be-littles the people he dislikes. To clarify. He'll exploit me to death and Vump, but won't you or AirBrain for example. Smokey had a run in with the cheese and he cheesed him back :D Even true had a run in with the big cheese. Shawn may be in everyone's good graces now, but the man is ruthless in the way he plays, especially if he is trying to make a mockery of you.

I had run in with almost everyone in this leagues minus a few guys so i'm not one to say i don't bitch and yes i have crossed the line, and i have made amends. The box score is telling...i don't care whats going on 70pts in the paint is ileggal in our league. True gave himself a loss due to it...

I'm not defending anyone, or trying to be a thorn in Shawn's side. I may just be a shitty player as one member said to me, but rules are rules and cheese is cheese no matter how someone decides to jedi mind trick out of it.

DCX

strikeselect

vumpler said:
Yup you're 2nd in cheese charge.

Oh please, in that fourth game, the "etiquette" went out the window and you know it. You didn't want a repeat of the other games so you started getting desperate and started using VERY dirty tactics and I simply responded.
The FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME was great defense by me as I was constantly harrassing you.
Yet you take the time to pause the game and simply msg me "cheese" with no specifics.
It's not my fault you were so set on driving to the basket that you went from the 3pt line to the halfcourt line. Learn how to set up a play and you won't have so much trouble.

I have 3 scores and the point break down was fair. If Mike, Rudy, Juan, or Cardinal are open from 3 I'm taking the shot. They do in RL every time. Hell even Conley does, but he never makes them.

You shoot threes because you don't know how to spread your offense and run plays. Your offense is one dimensional and pathetic.

After your cheese fest full of 3 quarters, I doubled teamed you twice in the fourth. No excuse for it, but it happened.

Bullshit and you know it.

You double teamed me numerous times in Games 1 and 2.

You're the master of steals, you even know how to do it every time you're camping under the basket with a PG and its a fast break. All you did all game was swipe with your PG. Its all you ever do ALL SERIES.

You want to know why I backed off your man and stripped the ball in the paint?

BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DID. If I stopped you there, you would kick it out to Mike Miller for the cheese three with a hand in his face. :lol

You're full of shit. i just went through it. I can't even find a full court press in the first half. Even if I tried you half court passed every play so then it would be a half court press.

No I'm afraid you're the one full of shit. You full court pressed me at questionable times throughout the series don't just look at this last game.

4th quarter and down by 30 its called full court press. It happened once on a half court inbound in the 2nd quarter as well.

You've done it the whole series.

Don't call out random bullshit you do or see people do in pubs and pin it on me. Shit never happened and you know it

Keep spitting bullshit if it makes you feel better.

BTW you didn't play man to man D, so add yet another checkmark on your crappy skill list.

I've played numerous people in this league and any criticism that I've gathered this season I've taken steps to correct.

I know Matrix wasn't happy with the way I was playing in one of our games and I took steps and have been more considerate toward my opponents at the end of games.

I know Truelize wasn't happy that I didn't play Man to Man D all the time so I've switched it up and have played man to man D in GAF league games ever since he brought that up.

but you vumpler, you're just a douchebag.

It's times like this I wish I had a capture card so I could upload your ridiculous full court passes to Rudy Gay, your inbound steal attempts, your random ass mike miller three point attempts, your double teams outside of the paint etc. etc.

Your tag fits you very well btw :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius I think the only issue I had with you this season was that you refused to guard Rondo if he wasn't in the key. No one else had the sense to know that he couldn't throw the ball into the ocean in this game. :lol I was at such a disadvantage that you were smart enough to know not to even bother with him. That simple move killed my game.

DCX said:
I will say, he be-littles the people he dislikes. To clarify. He'll exploit me to death and Vump, but won't you or AirBrain for example. Smokey had a run in with the cheese and he cheesed him back :D Even true had a run in with the big cheese. Shawn may be in everyone's good graces now, but the man is ruthless in the way he plays, especially if he is trying to make a mockery of you.

I had run in with almost everyone in this leagues minus a few guys so i'm not one to say i don't bitch and yes i have crossed the line, and i have made amends. The box score is telling...i don't care whats going on 70pts in the paint is ileggal in our league. True gave himself a loss due to it...

I'm not defending anyone, or trying to be a thorn in Shawn's side. I may just be a shitty player as one member said to me, but rules are rules and cheese is cheese no matter how someone decides to jedi mind trick out of it.

DCX

Oh DCX, we tend to play this game every few months and I'll offically bite once I'm back in Cali. Same goes for anyone else trying to slander and my game when I'm trying to enjoy new wife!

Smokey

DCX said:

DCX

Correct.

Both guys are probably in the wrong here, but Vump certainly isn't helping his case based on his previous actions. Like I said; quitting in the middle of the game, calling people names etc. This is why these sports games need a spectator mode. I'd have no problem sitting in and watching these games while browsing GAF or something of that nature, but that does nothing to help the situation right now. Right now it's about more than what happened during the game. Saying this is a joke league b/c I don't rule w/ an iron fist, and calling people a 'fagot' is crossing the line.

Smokey

Good series Quinton. That's probably the best I've played all season long which is a good thing in the playoffs. I've seemed to have found another gem on my squad and his name is Keyon Dooling. Haven't used him all season and wasn't happy with Arroyo's performance as a backup so I decided to go with Dooling and he ended up averaging a nice 15 PPG for me. Good games and series and thanks for playing in the league this season.

Cerrius it's me and you in the semi-finals. Have to wait for the rest to finish their series before we can play though.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Oh DCX, we tend to play this game every few months and I'll offically bite once I'm back in Cali. Same goes for anyone else trying to slander and my game when I'm trying to enjoy new wife!
Shawn, there is no game. I'm not slandering your game. You are a GREAT player no doubt in all sports game. No doubt playing you has people on the edge of their seats with dry fucking eyes because they cant blink once thinking that would make the difference between a close game and a blowout. You just have a way to your game that throws aways the whole sportsmanship " rule book " out the window.

Hey CB beat the shit out of me, never mind the Knicks could hit one shot, but i didn't feel " cheated " same with Smokey, he owns me...but yet i concede and nod my head to a superior player. No hard feelings, you are the heel in our leagues, like it or not, you're the bad guy...what's funny is that you feed off of it, so win, win for you.

DCX

strikeselect

Truelize said:
:lol yeah but you were the only person to attempt it and it killed my first quarter. Really rattled me.

I think you confused me with pheeniks? :lol We're both rockin the Beasley avatars.

but yeah you should've started E.T. in place of Rondo

SmokeyBones said:
Cerrius it's me and you in the semi-finals. Have to wait for the rest to finish their series before we can play though.

Cool, looking forward to a good series.

DCX said:
Shawn, there is no game. I'm not slandering your game. You are a GREAT player no doubt in all sports game. No doubt playing you has people on the edge of their seats with dry fucking eyes because they cant blink once thinking that would make the difference between a close game and a blowout. You just have a way to your game that throws aways the whole sportsmanship " rule book " out the window.

Hey CB beat the shit out of me, never mind the Knicks could hit one shot, but i didn't feel " cheated " same with Smokey, he owns me...but yet i concede and nod my head to a superior player. No hard feelings, you are the heel in our leagues, like it or not, you're the bad guy...what's funny is that you feed off of it, so win, win for you.

DCX

As I said, I'll bite when I'm back in LA as you've made several assertions that demand pointed rebuttals. To your very last point, I find it ironic that it is you that always starts our prolonged exchanges. So that begs the question of who really gets off on our conflicts...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:
As I said, I'll bite when I'm back in LA as you've made several assertions that demand pointed rebuttals. To your very last point, I find it ironic that it is you that always starts our prolonged exchanges. So that begs the question of who really gets off on our conflicts...

Shawn I don't think you need to be reading anything into DCX's posts. I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I didn't read any of his posts as an attack at all.

Relax. Everything is fine here. Move along.

Have a good flight home. etc. etc..

AirBrian

Man, I cannot wait for Madden. :lol

And Vumpler, c'mon man, no need for throwing out the personal insults like that. You might be 100% correct in every single complaint you have, but once you throw out an insult like that, it negates every single point you're trying to make. I realize you're frustrated as hell, but wait to post then. That's what I do. After a loss (and there were plenty of them this season), I'm pissed, even at guys I like and play other games with. It always sucks to lose and I'm an ultra-competitive person, so I really have to watch what I post right after a game.

This game (and Madden) definitely need spectator modes to help in these kind of situations. Or a replay system that saves it where you could go online and watch.

Smokey

Three out of the four first round matchups are complete, so now we await AKA and shawn to finish their series so we can advance to the semi's. Here is the matchups in the semi-finals:

Miami (Cerrius)
Orlando (me)

Lakers (CB3)
Denver(AKA)/San Antonio(Shawn)

This is somewhat offtopic but I'm a huge Madden fan and am picking up 09 soon. I was wondering what kind of complaints could be had in online Madden? I can't picture the blatant cheesing like which can be done in this game. Any examples so I can prepare myself?

Dark FaZe said:
This is somewhat offtopic but I'm a huge Madden fan and am picking up 09 soon. I was wondering what kind of complaints could be had in online Madden? I can't picture the blatant cheesing like which can be done in this game. Any examples so I can prepare myself?

See, everybody has a different perception of cheese/bullshit. I know people can make you feel like you're the worst person in the world if you roll out of the pocket and pass the ball, but sometimes it really does happen. Just don't do blatantly stupid things like fake FG and fake punt when it's not needed

and the biggest rule I have seen from league observations is...
dont run up the score!

also, are you a heat fan? I can't tell!

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:

Madden can be one of the cheesiest if not THE cheesiest sports game online if you know what you're doing. I'm going by the previous versions of course but I'm sure it'll apply to 09 too.

I have returned!

Aka holler at me when you can go bro!

Will be back home in 3 hours from 5:25pm PST, I'll be up late tonight as I'm committed to getting this done tonight!

Now that I've finally had a chance to get home and rest a bit, I just wanted to properly reply to some of the more *cringe-worthy* remarks DCX made while I was on vacation.

DCX said:
I will say, he be-littles the people he dislikes. To clarify. He'll exploit me to death and Vump, but won't you or AirBrain for example.

Nay...I don't look to "be-little" anyone. You won't find me throwing around unsolicited personal attacks just because I feel like it or something. If I recall correctly, your biggest issue with me is the fact you *think* I never show any sportsmanship. Assuming that is true for a second, I'd argue that's a whole 'nother ball of wax vs. simply cheesing someone to win games.

Despite the clear and comprehensive case I laid out justifying my win over the Memphis owner way back, you were first in line to call me out for cheesing and not even giving a measured and fair assessment of the scenario. Seeing such one-sided and accusatory assertions pretty much makes me take any feedback you have with a larger grain of salt than most folks.

DCX said:
Shawn may be in everyone's good graces now, but the man is ruthless in the way he plays, especially if he is trying to make a mockery of you.

:lol Hyperbole for the win...

Yes I want to win, but I don't intentionally sit here shooting to blow people out as a goal. It kinda just happens in the course of playing sometimes, but I make sure I pull my starters when it really gets out of hand. Making a mockery of people is reserved for random tools that I run into from quick games and such. No room for that in the GAF leagues... 99% of the time that is...

DCX said:
rules are rules and cheese is cheese no matter how someone decides to jedi mind trick out of it

This is the first time someone has compared me to Darth Vader, and I think it's pretty funny. Irrelevant...but funny!

DCX said:
You just have a way to your game that throws aways the whole sportsmanship " rule book " out the window.

With the exception of a few slips this years (i.e. on the phone or eating while playing a game), I've been pretty good of adhering to "rule book" you refer to.

DCX said:
Shawn, there is no game.

Couldn't disagree more here brother. This marks something like the 4th or 5th time where you've essentially put me on blast in leagues requiring to defend myself in one way or another. You have my AIM name and MySpace tag yet you never talk directly to me about anything prior to putting me on blast. It would be one thing if I blew you off when you wanted to speak to me about this or that, but you don't even extend the courtesy of an offline conversation before you make our business the whole leagues business.

You can paint yourself as the sweetest babyface and make me your biggest heel, but I don't think in those terms bro. I'm chillin' enjoying my life with my new bride, great friends, quirky hobbies and a sick career. The opportunity to compete in these leagues is a privilege I enjoy and I genuinely don't wish ill will on anyone inside and outside the game (Vumpler too). Sorry to break kayfabe...

AkaBalla

Im here now Shawn.. Im good from now until 11pm est (The latest i can start a game).. I have to cover a shift tonight @ 12:30am.. Sounds crazy but its my job.. lol

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
I have returned!

Aka holler at me when you can go bro!

Will be back home in 3 hours from 5:25pm PST, I'll be up late tonight as I'm committed to getting this done tonight!

Dam 12:30am est? No can do for me..

I guess we need to shoot for tomorrow..

Tues & Weds: 9p-11p est..

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Now that I've finally had a chance to get home and rest a bit, I just wanted to properly reply to some of the more *cringe-worthy* remarks DCX made while I was on vacation.

Nay...I don't look to "be-little" anyone. You won't find me throwing around unsolicited personal attacks just because I feel like it or something. If I recall correctly, your biggest issue with me is the fact you *think* I never show any sportsmanship. Assuming that is true for a second, I'd argue that's a whole 'nother ball of wax vs. simply cheesing someone to win games.

Despite the clear and comprehensive case I laid out justifying my win over the Memphis owner way back, you were first in line to call me out for cheesing and not even giving a measured and fair assessment of the scenario. Seeing such one-sided and accusatory assertions pretty much makes me take any feedback you have with a larger grain of salt than most folks.

:lol Hyperbole for the win...

Yes I want to win, but I don't intentionally sit here shooting to blow people out as a goal. It kinda just happens in the course of playing sometimes, but I make sure I pull my starters when it really gets out of hand. Making a mockery of people is reserved for random tools that I run into from quick games and such. No room for that in the GAF leagues... 99% of the time that is...

This is the first time someone has compared me to Darth Vader, and I think it's pretty funny. Irrelevant...but funny!

With the exception of a few slips this years (i.e. on the phone or eating while playing a game), I've been pretty good of adhering to "rule book" you refer to.

Couldn't disagree more here brother. This marks something like the 4th or 5th time where you've essentially put me on blast in leagues requiring to defend myself in one way or another. You have my AIM name and MySpace tag yet you never talk directly to me about anything prior to putting me on blast. It would be one thing if I blew you off when you wanted to speak to me about this or that, but you don't even extend the courtesy of an offline conversation before you make our business the whole leagues business.

You can paint yourself as the sweetest babyface and make me your biggest heel, but I don't think in those terms bro. I'm chillin' enjoying my life with my new bride, great friends, quirky hobbies and a sick career. The opportunity to compete in these leagues is a privilege I enjoy and I genuinely don't wish ill will on anyone inside and outside the game (Vumpler too). Sorry to break kayfabe...
batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg

" I think we're destined to do this forever "

DCX

DCX

DCX
Seriously, we have NCAA, MAdden and NHL, and The SHow and NBA 2K9 to go...don't take everything to heart.

DCX

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Dam 12:30am est? No can do for me..

I guess we need to shoot for tomorrow..

Tues & Weds: 9p-11p est..

Alright well please try and get it in asap preferably Tuesday but I understand people do have lives so..

Sorry everyone, we really tried today. I had all day open but Aka was working. The three hours I step out this evening is when Aka was available...

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
Sorry everyone, we really tried today. I had all day open but Aka was working. The three hours I step out this evening is when Aka was available...

Alright, make your butt available between 9p-11p est..

Then we can finish the series..

AkaBalla said:
Good series Shawn..

Enjoy your series vs LA..

I thought it was over too until I saw this is a best of 5 series...

Aside from the first game you blew me out in, we've played two close games I was able to win. Assuming you have time to play tomorrow, I'd like to get through the next two games unless you are over it...

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I thought it was over too until I saw this is a best of 5 series...

Aside from the first game you blew me out in, we've played two close games I was able to win. Assuming you have time to play tomorrow, I'd like to get through the next two games unless you are over it...

looks like you guys had some good games too..but yeah it's best of 5.

AkaBalla

Oh crap, I assumed that too..:lol

As for the others who say "This is a long series" Dont forget when the playoffs started Shawn was on a honeymoon.. Give us a break.. He just got back Monday and we played 3 games in one night.

I'll be on tonight @ 10 pm est... Is that good for you?

AkaBalla said:
Oh crap, I assumed that too..:lol

As for the others who say "This is a long series" Dont forget when the playoffs started Shawn was on a honeymoon.. Give us a break.. He just got back Monday and we played 3 games in one night.

I'll be on tonight @ 10 pm est... Is that good for you?

Cool!

Top Bottom