• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cerrius said:
In the middle of our third game, vumpler said "he concedes" and quit.

What do I do now?

bwahaha :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I would've spanked all of yous.

Disgracing the Spurs with such suckyness has given me emotional distress.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vumpler said:
? I was down by 30 at the half. I fail to see the funny. It was over.

no, it would have been over when there was 0 left on the clock in the 4th quarter. even if your getting blown out you owe it to your opponent to finish the game

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
I didn't get a credit for that win BTW :-\

So you won the series? Right? I just want to make sure before I assign a winner to any game.

And... I may have quit in a game against Shawn last season during a not so fun game. But quitting during a playoff game isn't cool.

Vump what happened?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
So you won the series? Right? I just want to make sure before I assign a winner to any game.

And... I may have quit in a game against Shawn last season during a not so fun game. But quitting during a playoff game isn't cool.

Vump what happened?

I'm not sure if Vump wants to concede the series since he never specified, but if that third game would've been completed the series would stand at 2 - 1 Heat lead.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It's odd. It doesn't even show that the game was started. I'll have to adjust the score of the game he won and give it to you for you to win the series.

He won game two correct?

strikeselect

Truelize said:
It's odd. It doesn't even show that the game was started. I'll have to adjust the score of the game he won and give it to you for you to win the series.

He won game two correct?

yeah

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I'm back from my Honeymoon at 4am PST on Monday. I'd like to play in the playoffs as Ive had a great year, but I understand if you guys wanna SIM my series to move things along. If you guys wait for me I promise to play my games Monday.

Mahalo!

I fail to see the problem just as long as you can play Monday. You're on your honeymoon...you shouldn't be penalized for that.

And quitting during a playoff game?

heh

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
He better. I mean I'm sitting here instead of playing and it sucks. I actually did what I needed to do to get in. Bollucks

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
so do any of you guys know how to abuse the glitch where you can easily steal the ball from any player that is going up for a dunk? I was just reading about it.

I fucking hate to do this but I have to bail out of the league right now :(.

Basically I had a random panic attack for the first time in my life last weekend (maybe some of you guys saw my Dark Knight thread in the OT :O), and the few days after that were absolutely horrible because I couldn't get my head off of the attack.

So since then I've gotten a lot better and should make a full recovery soon, but I don't want to do anything all that competitive or stressful whatsoever other than physical sports over the next little while. Today was probably the first day I was able to hop back on to Call of Duty and some Halo for more than 5 minutes before getting off.

So given the choice between constantly worrying about my heart exploding by playing 2k8 and continuing my recovery I think I'll choose the latter :D.

I hope to see you guys in the first 2k9 season thread should one ever be made.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sorry to hear that man. I understand completely. I had to bail during last season for sanity reasons. Competitive video game playing is great until it starts ruining your days. Take care. 2k9 is here for you for sure.

Is there anyway to invite someone to take over a team when we are in the playoffs? I would like to take over the Sonics if I could.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Truelize said:
Is there anyway to invite someone to take over a team when we are in the playoffs? I would like to take over the Sonics if I could.
I hope so. Because it should be your slot over anyone's.

Smokey

"look at that bastard smokey he's a beast he's a dog he's a muthafuckin' problem ok you're a goon but what's a goon to a GOBLIN?! nothin' nothin!"

:D

Quinton I should be around the majority of the day so let me know when you can play, the sooner the better.

Dark FaZe said:
I fucking hate to do this but I have to bail out of the league right now :(.

Basically I had a random panic attack for the first time in my life last weekend (maybe some of you guys saw my Dark Knight thread in the OT :O), and the few days after that were absolutely horrible because I couldn't get my head off of the attack.

So since then I've gotten a lot better and should make a full recovery soon, but I don't want to do anything all that competitive or stressful whatsoever other than physical sports over the next little while. Today was probably the first day I was able to hop back on to Call of Duty and some Halo for more than 5 minutes before getting off.

So given the choice between constantly worrying about my heart exploding by playing 2k8 and continuing my recovery I think I'll choose the latter :D.

I hope to see you guys in the first 2k9 season thread should one ever be made.

Oh wow. Take care man hope everything is ok. See you in 2k9.

Smokey

GCQuinton said:
The earliest I'll be able to go is 8 EST tonight. Will you be around then?

Could maybe play one game at that time, b/c I've got to pick up my g/f from work at 8pm central but I'll be able to continue once I get back from picking her up.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Sorry to hear that man. I understand completely. I had to bail during last season for sanity reasons. Competitive video game playing is great until it starts ruining your days. Take care. 2k9 is here for you for sure.

Because of Dark's situation, I went ahead and dropped him from the Sonics. I'm going to ATTEMPT to get you the Sonics True. To do that I'm going to have to drop you as the Celtics, but I will ATTEMPT to send you a re-invite as the Sonics. Pheeniks was having trouble getting into the league when we tried to do this earlier in the season but I'll give it a shot again.

When you get a chance go to the 2k website and there should be an invite for you to join as the Sonics.

I sent you an invite at the website as well as through the game.

GCQuinton

Smokey Bones said:
Could maybe play one game at that time, b/c I've got to pick up my g/f from work at 8pm central but I'll be able to continue once I get back from picking her up.

I only have time for one game tonight anyway so that'll work. Let me know if that works out for you.

Smokey

GCQuinton said:
I only have time for one game tonight anyway so that'll work. Let me know if that works out for you.

7pm central is fine.

and in a effort to keep things moving, ill set deadline for first round at monday 7.28

vumpler

Cerrius said:
nah, next time I can play is after 11:30 PM EST tomorrow.

Saturday after 11 PM EST... and Sunday after 8PM EST
If you can be on right at 11:30 EST I can be one to start a game or two tonight.

strikeselect

so vump apparently thinks playing manual d is cheese and has now turned our game into a cheesfest complete with full court passes and eveything :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Manual D is the TRUE SKILLED way to play D and always has been :\

I'm here for possible drama and nothing more.

strikeselect

The dude has been double teaming wade and doing shady shit the whole series and he has the nerve to call me cheese on the first play of this game.

he then commences to do full court passes for rudy gay dunks thinkin he's hot shit.

I had to give him a lesson on how to cheese..

Matrix

Cerrius said:
This is an ugly game. I'm sorry it had to come to this but this guy is a douche

:lol :lol

I know I'm shocked by this comment.

vumpler

Cerrius said:
The dude has been double teaming wade and doing shady shit the whole series and he has the nerve to call me cheese on the first play of this game.

he then commences to do full court passes for rudy gay dunks thinkin he's hot shit.

I had to give him a lesson on how to cheese..
This game was no different than the other 2 games against your cheesing ass. This was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Every play of the last 3 games you pass full court and dunk. Wait for the step animation to the lane, and dunk. Its fucking pathetic and a disgrace to all sports gamers. Get the hell out of here. In the first half alone you had 73 points. 70 of which were in the paint the other 3 were free throws. I called cheese on your ass to keep you in check from the strip glitch and back court glitch. Manual D's ass.

Others defended u for bullshit reasons but you're a joke.

vumpler said:
This game was no different than the other 2 games against your cheesing ass. This was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Every play of the last 3 games you pass full court and dunk. Wait for the step animation to the lane, and dunk. Its fucking pathetic and a disgrace to all sports gamers. Get the hell out of here. In the first half alone you had 73 points. 70 of which were in the paint the other 3 were free throws. I called cheese on your ass to keep you in check from the strip glitch and back court glitch. Manual D's ass.

Others defended u for bullshit reasons but you're a joke.

Nice stealth edit there removing "fagot" and the homosexual personal attack levied against me and Cerrius (Something to effect of "Go sleep with Shawn, I hear he strokes well" or something like that). I was hoping it would still be in your post so I can quote and watch you get permabanned.

Anyways, I'm glad you just had an epic meltdown as you've effectively ostracized yourself from any more NBA leagues just like the official Madden one. Needless to say, I'll be on the front lines of testifying how poor of a player and community member you are when it comes to anything league related with you in the future. Thanks for all the hilarity as you'll be the poster boy for garbage play now and forever.

vumpler

Shawnwhann said:
you've effectively ostracized yourself from any more NBA leagues just like the official Madden one. Needless to say, I'll be on the front lines of testifying how poor of a player and community member you are when it comes to anything league related with you in the future.
:lol Of course you would be on the "front lines" you're the cheesiest kid I've ever met. Anything you can do to keep eyes off you. Cheese is acceptable as long as you discuss it at lengths and have an excuse like you always do. No one ever does anything about it either, its hilarious. You wouldn't know sim if it hit you in the face and I know at least 6 people that agree.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i know you guys have your beef vumpler, but thats no excuse to use words like faggot and insinuate homosexual things. thats taking shit a little to far.

Matrix

Hey Smokey,do you recall what I told you before my 360 died? :lol

vumpler said:
:lol Of course you would be on the "front lines" you're the cheesiest kid I've ever met. Anything you can do to keep eyes off you. Cheese is acceptable as long as you discuss it at lengths and have an excuse like you always do. No one ever does anything about it either, its hilarious. You wouldn't know sim if it hit you in the face and I know at least 6 people that agree.

It's pretty obvious who the "kid" is here as evidenced by your 12 year old Xbox Live-like rants and insults being thrown around (and taken back...). The difference between me and you is that I have no problem airing you out without taking anything back. Anytime we've had a dispute, I've repeatedly put up evidence to support my argument while you've essentially embellished or made up stuff to support your POV. Same goes for anyone that has an issue with anything I do. I listen to feedback and I take the good with the bad and apply it to future scenarios to proactively squash any practices construed as inappropriate. As a result, I've been able to build some great relationships with nearly everyone I play games with that extend to regular conversations on the boards or any of the IM clients. I seriously doubt the same can be said for you as you have become the "verb" describing foul play in private conversations.

Regarding you and your army of six that consider me cheese, have fun hating on me. As I've said, I address conflicts like an adult and talk through the disagreements and, in turn, I am on good terms with most folks. I am a positive and jovial member of the crew that likes to have fun and I bring a lot of positive attributes to the community which makes me a welcome regular to all sports leagues here. Again, the same can't be said for you...

Thanks again for the hilarity and grow the f*ck up!

DCX

DCX
cheese_oh_cheese.jpg

DCX

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
It's pretty obvious who the "kid" is here as evidenced by your 12 year old Xbox Live-like rants and insults being thrown around (and taken back...). The difference between me and you is that I have no problem airing you out without taking anything back. Anytime we've had a dispute, I've repeatedly put up evidence to support my argument while you've essentially embellished or made up stuff to support your POV. Same goes for anyone that has an issue with anything I do. I listen to feedback and I take the good with the bad and apply it to future scenarios to proactively squash any practices construed as inappropriate. As a result, I've been able to build some great relationships with nearly everyone I play games with that extend to regular conversations on the boards or any of the IM clients. I seriously doubt the same can be said for you as you have become the "verb" describing foul play in private conversations.

Regarding you and your army of six that consider me cheese, have fun hating on me. As I've said, I address conflicts like an adult and talk through the disagreements and, in turn, I am on good terms with most folks. I am a positive and jovial member of the crew that likes to have fun and I bring a lot of positive attributes to the community which makes me a welcome regular to all sports leagues here. Again, the same can't be said for you...

Thanks again for the hilarity and grow the f*ck up!

Shawn screw the drama enjoy your honeymoon..lol

AkaBalla said:
Shawn screw the drama enjoy your honeymoon..lol

:lol

I'm not in this league but you guys need a TNT format thing once in a while like courtrivals. why?

because they

know

drama

Smokey

Wow nice use of the word fag vump. Really uncalled for and out of line regardless of who you have beef with. I see Cerrius' advanced to the next round anyway which is good because I wouldn't of let you. The way I see it this isn't the first time someone has called you out, and last time Shawn even provided photo evidence of what was going on.

Come on man.

Matrix said:
Hey Smokey,do you recall what I told you before my 360 died?

Yes, but I try to give everyone a chance but I see how that's turned out. Calling someone a fag is completely out of line, there are other ways to convey your emotions if you're upset so that'll be the last time he's in a league I'm in. I saw the post last night but had to run, which is why I'm commenting on it this morning and I see that he made a nice stealth edit.

And shawn you're on your honeymoon get outta here!

Top Bottom