• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Huh. I thought he was already off the team again... Just a matter of time, I guess.

Really feel like Groce missed his window of opportunity. Pretty pessimistic about it, last year was make or break and they broke. I don't even think he's an awful coach, though he is definitely awful at coaching half court offense. Going 1 for 3 on making the tourney dooms recruiting, which means we won't be getting any better on offense. Probably NIT again and another new coach in two or three years.

mBEbGgn.png

One recruit really shouldn't doom a program but in your case it really does seem like Snider screwed everything up. This would be a completely different team with him out there. Not to mention his commitment and commitment killed pretty much any momentum you guys had with Brunson.

Michigan went through the same thing recently with Tyus Battle. Syracuse poached him from us and any chance with fellow 5* Josh Langford was lost He ended up with Sparty. Luckily we get a chance to make an example of Boeheim in Atlantis this year.

Abrams injury also didn't help your PG recruiting any. No recruit no matter how highly ranked wants to come in an compete with veterans when plenty of other top schools are them the job outright.

kind words
Some of it was the bad luck with injuries/recruiting, but I also don't think Groce deserves a free pass for the way last year's team fell apart as the season went on. He tried to build the team around transfers, and the lack of leadership showed.

Also, the half court offense was, and will seemingly continue to be embarrassing.

Fjordson

Starting to get hyped about college bball. Last year may have permanently dampened my excitement, though lol. To have a team that good and be that close to 40-0 and choke it away. Fuck man. We'll probably never be that good again, and yet we still didn't win the title.

I don't really have any expectations this year. People are ranking us highly, but meh. I think we'll be good, not great. Though I am excited to see Jamal Murray play. I think he'll be pretty damn good.

DominoKid

still not that hype about it but after that embarassing L last night (#FireFedora) we have reached "is it basketball season yet" mode in record time

Tony Bradley committing and Felton ending his little attention whore episode bodes well.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm stoked for the season. I think this going be a really good Michigan team. We get Walton and Levert back. We get Spike healthy. And we're adding two red shirts who should give more length and shooting ability at the 4 and 5.

This will be the fist time in Beilein's tenure at UM that every will be coming in already knowing his system. We can really hit the ground running.

COJjn2XUAAAIyKe.jpg:large

This Duke team will be fine. They'll compete in the conference and then win a few games in the NCAAT before bowing out. And anywhere else that would be absolutely great.

In Durham tho...nah. After last year...super nah.

Barring the success/failure of Duke football taking his attention away, truly will be calling for K's job, stating that he's out of touch with today's kids and the locker room needs a new voice by the first ACC road game.

2016 will be monstrous tho

DominoKid

makes me think his knee was worse than let on

good luck to him playing under gottfried. this is gonna stagnate his development bad.

Bowser

makes me think his knee was worse than let on

good luck to him playing under gottfried. this is gonna stagnate his development bad.

He was always going to either State or Louisville. Adidas.

Bam Adebayo will be beside him at State. Sucks, but that's the shoe game today.

DominoKid

we dont even flex Jordan Brand like that. Roy got us outchea wearing Team Jordans
RGt54.png

and even if we did flex Jordan Brand at least it's a legacy born of our own program
LuEuQ.png

Fjordson

Not a UNC fan, but even I'd say that they don't exploit Jordan as much as they could. Or as much as they should tbh. All's fair in recruiting yo.

Crisco

Banned
That's fine, I just find it hilarious that after losing a recruit, they blame a system that they've benefited from more than any school in the history of college sports. Hilarious, but not surprising from the most oblivious fanbase in the nation. How's that NCAA investigation going?

Bowser

That's fine, I just find it hilarious that after losing a recruit, they blame a system that they've benefited from more than any school in the history of college sports. Hilarious, but not surprising from the most oblivious fanbase in the nation. How's that NCAA investigation going?

Just fine, we'll be making a Final Four run this year and will get off without any major penalties to men's bball or football by next summer.

Enjoy your second round exit this year.

Good for NC State, it's cool to see them get a highly rated kid.

For the record, Duke recently got an Adidas kid, so I wouldn't say Smith to an Adidas school was inevitable. NC State won out over some good competition, that's a nice recruiting win. If Gottfried can string together a few of those, it might make the ACC a bit more interesting.

DominoKid

lol i didn't expect anything else. i forgot all about James Young.

did you see Strickland and Henson talking about how the Pro-Am needs to come back? im so salty i never got to go to one.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
COJjn2XUAAAIyKe.jpg:large

This Duke team will be fine. They'll compete in the conference and then win a few games in the NCAAT before bowing out. And anywhere else that would be absolutely great.

In Durham tho...nah. After last year...super nah.

Barring the success/failure of Duke football taking his attention away, truly will be calling for K's job, stating that he's out of touch with today's kids and the locker room needs a new voice by the first ACC road game.

2016 will be monstrous tho

WHY WON'T HE PLAY ZONE! HE JUST DOESN'T GET IT. I'm well aware that K is GOAT and knows more about bball than I ever will, but losses to Mercer and Lehigh really ground my shit. I was a bit disheartened to see how last years team played after coming back from the christmas break, but losing Sheed seemed to fix a lot of the problems, and defensively they turned it up in the tourney.

I won't promise I won't act like a spoiled Duke BB fan, but the goal from hereon out is just to enjoy the rest of K's ride. He doesn't need #6, he has nothing to prove, I just don't want him to fade out like Bobby Knight.

iamblades

This UK-UNC alumni game is a sham. Uk's running out a damn all-star team while UNC's got Harrison Barnes and some scrubs.

COzywLHWwAAfk25.jpg:large

Eh, Cousins and Bledsoe and Tjones are the only battle proven NBA guys on there, we could've called up AD and MKG and Brandon Knight. :p

Over half(almost 2/3rd) of UK's teams are rookies.

The size mismatch is laughable though.

Eh, Cousins and Bledsoe and Tjones are the only battle proven NBA guys on there, we could've called up AD and MKG and Brandon Knight. :p

Over half(almost 2/3rd) of UK's teams are rookies.

The size mismatch is laughable though.

They're facing Bobby Frasor, Shammond Williams, and the corpse of Jerry Stackhouse.

Let me repeat myself:

They're playing Bobby Frasor, Shammond Williams, and 78 year old Jerry Stackhouse.

The worst player on your roster is better than everyone on that UNC roster sans HarBar

iamblades

They're facing Bobby Frasor, Shammond Williams, and the corpse of Jerry Stackhouse.

Let me repeat myself:

They're playing Bobby Frasor, Shammond Williams, and 78 year old Jerry Stackhouse.

The worst player on your roster is better than everyone on that UNC roster sans HarBar

Not arguing that in the least, I'm just saying it's not the UK's team's fault that you guys put up trash. :p

Fjordson

I totally forgot about the alumni game. Didn't even watch it. I'm still not ready to even tangentially think about college bball.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Out of all the UNC players during Roy's tenure, there is not one I hate more than Bobby Frasor. He is the Grover Dill to Hansbrough's Scott Farkas. He was halfway competent in 2006 and then rendered irrelevant when Lawson hit campus. I just want to see him get the shit kicked out of him in a parking lot.

Servbot24

Banned
Iowa gets their 2nd 4 star this class in Tyler Cook, yaaaay

I think this season we'll be able to keep even with last year, then start taking more steps after that.

Silkworm

Iowa gets their 2nd 4 star this class in Tyler Cook, yaaaay

I think this season we'll be able to keep even with last year, then start taking more steps after that.

Hopefully Coach White can woo him back into the Gator fold before he signs. Not likely but you never know (maybe get Beal and Lee to convince him to flip). Ah well, if he won't be a Gator, then he'll be Gatorbait ;-)

Another quick commitment for Duke after an official visit.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...3751/javin-delaurier-commits-duke-blue-devils

ESPN 100 prospect (#44) Javin DeLaurier has committed to Duke, he told ESPN.com on Sunday.

DeLaurier, a 6-foot-9 power forward from St. Annes-Belfield High School (Va.), chose the Blue Devils over the likes of Notre Dame, Texas, North Carolina and Arizona.

"It's the best fit for me on and off the floor," DeLaurier said. "I love everything about it."

DeLaurier took his official visit to Duke this weekend after originally scheduling the trip for October.

"I felt it," he said of the visit. "I know that's where I wanted to go."

Lance Thomas, Amile Jefferson, and soon to be Javin Delaurier.

Hustle PFs that wins us championships.

Basically, that what it sounds like.

DeLaurier is more of a project developmentally than the five-stars that have recently come through, but a strong summer performance on the Adidas AAU circuit took him from the bottom of the top 100 to No. 44 in ESPN’s recruiting rankings.

One thing DeLaurier does better than most is consistently play at a high energy level—the term "motor" is overused to the point of becoming an empty word, but in DeLaurier’s case its fitting. In early August, Scout.com’s Evan Daniels polled over 100 Division-I coaches, asking who had the best motor at the high school level, and DeLaurier was the top pick.

DeLaurier, from St. Annes-Belfield High School (Va.), is quite athletic, too, and he will likely initially contribute off the bench as a rebounder and defensive energy guy.

Motor, defense, energy. That's Thomas and Jefferson.

iamblades

WOW.

Some classic posts over at rupp's rathers already:

Who would have thought that a school with its two highest profile figures being Bobby Petrino and Rick Pitino would get involved in a bumbling sex scandal?

louisville first chlamydia forever

Apparently she has records and texts and even photos of this.

facepalm.gif
misc-fEEd.png

Top Bottom