• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Really Thad, calling a fucking timeout!

Oh well, I aint even mad, that was an amazing game.

Probably should have been a foul, but eh. Michigan must forfeit for wearing illegal jerseys!

Bowser

It's only right that's not called a foul if you're not gonna call the obvious flagrant. OSU should have taken that timeout doe.

Agreed.

Great game, though. Impressed by OSU.

+1

They fight like Izzo's mid 2000's Spartans. Love to see heart and gritty play regardless of team. As for UM, hopefully when Jordan Morgan comes back, they won't give up so many offensive and defensive rebounds. That shit was embarrassing. If we could rebound, they would have had a more commanding lead down the stretch.

Kacar

Fucking Craft is all i can say, for being so good and smart and cerebral on defense he really is the worst clutch offensive player in the country.

I feel like he just saw Burke performing and wanted to show his stuff, but its not his game. He did this last year in the final four against Kansas also driving directly into Withey too much.

But still encouraged that Amir and Ross actually showed up in a BIG game.

There is literally no way that Deshaun Thomas could ever touch the ball too much for us on offense, ESPECIALLY in overtime.

george_us

Epic game tonight. Sucks to see the Buckeyes on the losing end of such an effort. Can't believe the refs swallowed their whistles both times Craft got blatantly hacked.

thefro

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...sketball-telecast-ever-rivalry-week-tips-off/

ESPN’s telecast of then-No. 3 Indiana defeating then-No. 1 Michigan 81-73 on Saturday, Feb. 2, averaged 4,035,000 viewers, making it the network’s most-viewed telecast of a Big Ten Conference game ever. The game – with a 2.9 coverage rating and 2,867,000 households – is also ESPN’s highest-rated and most-viewed regular-season men’s college basketball game since No. 6 North Carolina beat No. 3 Duke on March 3, 2012 (3.1 coverage rating and 4,247,000 viewers).

Indianapolis was the top-rated market with a 22.5 metered market rating followed by Louisville (15.6), Detroit (9.7), Dayton (7.5) and Columbus (7.0).

Indiana being good = ratings

devilhawk

Offense is atrocious. Though KU is a microcosm for college basketball. Something has to be done. Reduce the shot clock or something. 60 to 50 games are becoming the norm for the game.

Don't care if I am on the winning team or not. It's nit watchable.

Nesotenso

Offense is atrocious. Though KU is a microcosm for college basketball. Something has to be done. Reduce the shot clock or something. 60 to 50 games are becoming the norm for the game.

agreed.

DominoKid

30 secs would make a world of difference. i don't think they'd go down to 24.

So I hear Kansas lost to TCU through the fake Dan Beebe on Twitter.

If you don't already, you aught to do yourself a big favor and follow the fake Dan Beebe. Constant gold from him.

I'm not saying lowering the shot clock wouldn't be a good thing, but what is wrong with 60-50 games?

Yea, the shot clock isn't the issue. People need to learn to manage their expectations. These are fucking college kids. As in, not that much better than High School basketball in a lot of ways. 99% of them will never make the pro's and it shows. It's why I tend to hate watching college basketball in general. It's so clearly inferior. Inferior play running, inferior play-calling, inferior shooting forms, inferior physical strength, inferior accuracy and authority.

55-75 is where these games are, and it's where they've always been. You'll occasionally get 1337 teams that are averaging 75-90 points, but those are the clear exception. If people don't realize that, it's because their favorite team has perpetually been recruiting and performing at a uniquely high level. To them I say, "welcome to reality."

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How did I miss the KU loss last night? Damnnnnnn.

This is going to be one interesting Big 12 tourney. We have a legit shot, 3rd right now I believe.

alstein

How did I miss the KU loss last night? Damnnnnnn.

This is going to be one interesting Big 12 tourney. We have a legit shot, 3rd right now I believe.

Every team this year is a fraud. NCAA is really going to be a toss-up and matchup-based.

I do know I don't want to draw Kansas again (they're the team I fear the most, Indiana a close second) With the way my team is playing right now, that could be a round of 32 match, and I don't want to see that.

Top Bottom