• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Every team this year is a fraud. NCAA is really going to be a toss-up and matchup-based.

I do know I don't want to draw Kansas again (they're the team I fear the most, Indiana a close second) With the way my team is playing right now, that could be a round of 32 match, and I don't want to see that.

Its all going to be about match ups and who gets hot at the right time, it won't be talent necessarily. So it could be like Duke 2010 where they didn't play anyone they couldn't match up with, or UConn 2011 where they wen't from dead to red hot in a month.

I'm guessing Brown is still out for tonight because we're 10 pt favorites. And thats a ridiculous line unless you don't have your PG. I'll take Cook over Lewis aww day err day.

alstein

Its all going to be about match ups and who gets hot at the right time, it won't be talent necessarily. So it could be like Duke 2010 where they didn't play anyone they couldn't match up with, or UConn 2011 where they wen't from dead to red hot in a month.

I'm guessing Brown is still out for tonight because we're 10 pt favorites. And thats a ridiculous line unless you don't have your PG. I'll take Cook over Lewis aww day err day.

This is the toughest game on the schedule, but don't really need a W here, so I'm ok if Brown doesn't play- Tyler Lewis needs the exposure, and I want to make sure the Miami game wasn't a fluke. Would allow Brown to shift to the 2 where he's more natural, and you can bench Wood when he isn't hitting anything and stick Purvis in there.

Yeah, looking like Brown is out again. Hopefully the NCAA takes injuries into consideration still.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I was there. That was awesome.

I found you in the front row! You're famous.

kermie.gif

Silkworm

Late to the party, but son of a b... :-\

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20130207/ARTICLES/130209698?tc=cr

Yeguete is done for the season. Best prognosis is that he's out for 4-6 weeks post knee surgery but I really doubt he'll be back for the tournament. Similar thing happened to him last year with an injury that kept him out of the last part of the season. Had he been able to play who knows if UF might have been able to get to the Final Four last year. UF's front court depth is not that great so it's going to be pretty tough to replace him. *sigh*

thefro

God damn Illini, just no effort. We suck.

NIT! NIT! Assuming we finish with a winning record.

Not sure why the hell Crean keeps having IU play zone and giving Illinois a chance to launch open 3s and get it going. They're not driving it to the bucket and getting fouled or anything.

Not sure why the hell Crean keeps having IU play zone and giving Illinois a chance to launch open 3s and get it going. They're not driving it to the bucket and getting fouled or anything.
Does not compute. We haven't shot well since it became 2013!

Essentially, the Illini guards can't deal with teams that match their talent level. Either they spend to much time thinking and get stagnant, or they spend no time thinking and do stupid stuff.

I was hoping for one more great effort against #1, but it just looks like the whole team's confidence is toast after dropping so many games in January. They're done.

:lol @ that fat Illini kid

WHAT THE HELL WE DID AN OUT OF BOUNDS PLAY????

GG Indiana fans. After 7 years of Weber, I had no idea you were allowed to score off an OOB play.

Indiana is not good
Nonsense. They just got ref'd and Brandon Paul'd, and they lost their composure a little bit. It pains me to say it, but they're a legit F4 contender.

I'm just happy that the Illini have improved their chances of making the NIT with this win.

Can't believe Cody just let him roll to the basket. The whole team looked just lethargic all night.

Grats to Illinois for fighting back. Paul is quite the flopper though.

thefro

Fucking Crean is such a shit coach half the time.

IU would have been up by 20 at half if not for that shitty zone. You just let Oladipo go one on one instead of calling in a play for Zeller?

Can't believe Cody just let him roll to the basket. The whole team looked just lethargic all night.

Grats to Illinois for fighting back. Paul is quite the flopper though.
Between Paul and Zeller it was a flopping clinic.

Can't even be angry at those guys, their flopping skills are so refined.

Silkworm

Well with both KU and IU losing this week, it makes the UF loss to Arkansas a little more tolerable (just a little... though with Yeguete out I can't really get too happy).

Good luck Michigan. Maybe you can stay #1 for more than a week.

Hmm, playing next at Wisconsin and then Michigan State. "Good luck" indeed :-D

W1SSY

Fucking Crean is such a shit coach half the time.

IU would have been up by 20 at half if not for that shitty zone. You just let Oladipo go one on one instead of calling in a play for Zeller?
I don't understand this because our offense is not focused on Zeller. Oladipo should have waited longer to make a move or Yogi should have kept it.

I don't understand this because our offense is not focused on Zeller. Oladipo should have waited longer to make a move or Yogi should have kept it.

Absolutely. Oladipo is a mixed bag with ball handling. Would have loved the ball in Yogi's hands until 5 secs left when he would either dish it or drive to the basket if no one had a good look.

Silkworm

Indeed. Root canals are more enjoyable then going to those stadiums. But if UM brings their offense, they'll win both of those games going away.

If they sweep those two games, then they've definitely earned being #1 and considering the rest of their schedule should remain so until post-season play :)

sure you did, he's been improving every game.

No. He did not have a run from the top of the key right down the middle of the lane for a rim-rocking two-handed jam over a defender until precisely that moment in time. It was gifted to him. From above.

How far above, I don't know. Maybe Grant Hill is sitting in the rafters. Next to his jersey.

So I was at Chili's 6 rows away from the television at the bar, but could make out the Illinois/Indiana game. And even from that distance I could tell they started the clock way late on that buzzer beater. with 0.4 seconds, you shouldn't be able to do anything more than touch and shoot. He brought the ball from his knees to over his head before he released. That was at least .7 seconds long.

So I was at Chili's 6 rows away from the television at the bar, but could make out the Illinois/Indiana game. And even from that distance I could tell they started the clock way late on that buzzer beater. with 0.4 seconds, you shouldn't be able to do anything more than touch and shoot. He brought the ball from his knees to over his head before he released. That was at least .7 seconds long.

Luckily for Illinois there was 0.9 seconds left on the clock, not 0.4. :p

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
alex murphy a little too green for miami.

No, I'm talking about the whole team. We've played well here and the FSU the game before. It seems Duke took the NCSU loss personally and you can bet they'll have an Ax to grind with Miami.

If Duke was not playing UNC the next game I would almost want your boys to win this weekend. But I don't want you to have any momentum going to that game. I still think UNC is a tourney team unless they collapse in the second half.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
State coming back now, they have too much talent to keep down. Should have put on some UVA jerseys at halftime and they would have already lost interest

Top Bottom