• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Contra, Suikoden IV MSRP = $39.99?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I would believe it. Konami could get away with selling Suikoden IV for $49.99, but I don't think that many people would pay full price for Neo Contra. They made a VERY smart move by dropping the Gradius V msrp to $29.99 in North America.

I sure hope those are both right, either way I'm getting Suikoden IV for sure. Neo Contra isn't even on my radar...they could drop the msrp another $10 and I still wouldn't be interested. There are just too many other games I care about this fall, I'm not going to buy a game that I won't have time to play for another year. Konami already has me by the balls this Fall with Silent Hill 4: The Room, Suikoden IV, Rumble Roses, and Metal Gear Solid 3. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The drop to $39.99 is interesting...some other games are already gonna be $39.99, Outrun 2 and Prince of Persia 2 for example. Along with the ESPN games going $19.99, I wonder if the normal MSRP will drop by next generation

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Konami's latest PS2 releases (Cy Girls, FireFighter A.D. 2019, and McFarlane's Evil Prophecy) all came out at $39.99, so this price point seems happy with Konami. Then again, all those aformentioned games were shit anyway, but Neo Contra and Suikoden IV will be de facto goodie at an easier price. ^_^

Tabris

This is good news.

Only two disappointments I have about Suikoden IV is the in-game model for the main character (yuck! especially compared to the actual art) and the fact it won't take the S3 save file :|

jarrod

Banned
Capcom's also been releasing their 2nd string franchises at $39 for awhile. I think (like with PS1) MSRPs will keep dropping this gen, but shoot back up to $49 for Xenon/PS3/REvolution (like they did with DC/PS2/GC/XBox).

NotMSRP

I really wish the TRU deal would be in Oct/Nov so I could pick up the same 3 trio as in 2002: GTA, Suikoden, & Contra.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
NotMSRP said:
I really wish the TRU deal would be in Oct/Nov so I could pick up the same 3 trio as in 2002: GTA, Suikoden, & Contra.

Speaking of the TRU deal, anyone here work at TRU that can confirm if the buy 2, get 1 free deal is in August?

Top Bottom