• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Anime of the Year 2015 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

tLSQlel.png

Series:

1. One-Punch Man ; 1275 points ; 158 votes
xm7MVSn.png

cosmicblizzard said:
CDiggity said:
MetroidPrimeRib said:

2. Shirobako ; 870 points ; 101 votes
qD7iVHW.png

Erheller said:
Shard said:
Mature said:

3. Sound! Euphonium ; 525 points; 77 votes
VkSaNDd.png

sonicmj1 said:
SolarPowered said:
hosannainexcelsis said:

4. Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma ; 506 points ; 78 votes
9nBODjc.png

Chariot said:
Asceroth said:
SolarPowered said:

5. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Egypt Arc ; 501 points ; 72 votes
cUwCkTF.png

Eridani said:
Mature said:
Phatmac said:
6. Death Parade ; 377 points ; 60 votes
d9SEZKF.png

Admiral Woofington said:
Hellwarden said:
Shard said:

7. Owarimonogatari ; 278 points 42 votes

phaze said:
firehawk12 said:
SolarPowered said:

8. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! ; 274 points ; 41 votes
FCqMafr.png

Cornbread78 said:
Erheller said:
names2hard4you said:

9. Haikyuu!! Season 2 ; 248 points ; 36 votes
ztMLumS.png

effingvic said:
kairu said:
Moaradin said:

10. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans ; 226 points ; 40 votes
ozMb8Zg.png

names2hard4you said:
jgminto said:
OniBarubary said:
OVAs/Films:

1. Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade ; 199 points ; 50 votes
LQftBJY.png

SolarPowered said:

2. When Marnie Was There ; 83 points ; 19 votes
CEb7oQX.png

hosannainexcelsis said:

3. Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark ; 76 points ; 19 votes
afIKtD3.png

sonicmj1 said:

4. Psycho-Pass The Movie ; 50 points ; 12 votes
JwXHiyD.png

Solf said:

5. Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion ; 50 points ; 11 votes
4Wvz8MI.png

PsychoNinja said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting Thread
Current Seasonal Thread
The rest of the results.
Thanks for the input everyone and keep enjoying animes!

Charlotte is nowhere to be found, I am pleased with this.

Also really glad Digimon Tri. made it considering the lack of votes I saw (first glance) in the voting thread.

Narag

Decent enough list for a weaker year. I don't have to feel guilty about not finishing Shirobako with that gap too!

That's about what I expected. Pleasantly surprised Oregairu made it on the list.

Happy to see LWA take the win though.

Glad Haikyuu! is on there. I've never heard of 2,3,7 or 8.

2, 7, and 8 were all in my Top 5. My Teen Romantic Comedy was my #1. xD

Line_HTX

I'm really happy to see both Sound Euphonium and Food Wars placed higher than Jojo's.

I like Jojo's too.

When looking at the voting thread, I wasn't expecting that kind of gap between 1 and 2.

OPM deserved it this year and would have deserved it in a normal year as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The fuck is Psycho Pass doing there?

Here's the REAL top 5 shorts.

Mushishi: The Next Chapter - Drops of Bells
BUREAU OF PROTO SOCIETY
The Diary of Ochibi
Kanon
HAMMERHEAD

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Disappointing Your Lie In April didn't make the list but not unexpected. Oh well. Happy Haikyu actually made it to the top 10 but it should have been higher up.

List is still less egregious than past years where stuff like Hyouka and Panty and Stocking won, or Yamato winning when it shouldn't have even been eligible.

Sakura

Only two of the shows I voted for are in the top 10.
I think that means you guys have bad taste.
Would've voted for Hibike Euphonium, but I didn't watch it at the time I made my list, and forgot to update.

Soma

that's a pretty respectable top five, imo

happy to see shokugeki there but sad to see no prison school

but i didn't even vote so whatevs

A damm solid number 1. Also really happy that Shirobako, Euphonium and Soma ended up really high. Only disapointment is not seeing Your lie in April up there as well.

Also yay, very first quoted person!

But yeah, it is a pretty predictable list. Soma above JoJo and Death Parade is surprising though, as is a Monogatari series being there at all.

Only two of the shows I voted for are in the top 10.
I think that means you guys have bad taste.
Would've voted for Hibike Euphonium, but I didn't watch it at the time I made my list, and forgot to update.

This is exactly what I did. >.> I watched so many shows in January so I could revise my list and then never did.

A little salt over the OPM win, but I spent around 4 pages arguing about it in the anime thread so I've come to terms with the punch. :c

massoluk

Banned
I didn't vote last year. I disqualified myself voluntarily since I only watched a few series. Didn't think last year was that good for anime. But I'm glad SNAFU got some recognition there, it was my favorite series last year.

I didn't vote.

Haikyuu and Digimon tri are the only ones I like. Most of the choices I never watched.

One Punch Man is overrated. Fight me. lol

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Last year wasn't the best, happy that this year seems to have more promise.

Although I did like quite a few from last year (Food wars, noragami, OPM, death parade and even more that was trash but I enjoyed) but nothing really stood out as a "masterpiece", maybe OPM if I'm really generous.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yeah, I don't get how Gundam animes are even liked nowadays anymore...

If IBO is this popular on GAF, maybe it's time that I finally start tricking people into watching its "forgotten spiritual predecessor" Victory Gundam.

So I was slightly mistaken; not only Sound Euphonium but also Haikyuu Season 2 out of the TV anime I voted for managed to make it into the top 10. Otherwise, about as expected. I'm disappointed in the movies section not including any Animator Expo shorts and having Psychopass over Ghost in the Shell, but at least Marnie is in there.

But yeah, my taste is really diverging from the "consensus" taste here.

A year so bad that even Gundam made it in, huh.

If IBO is this popular on GAF, maybe it's time that I finally start tricking people into watching its "forgotten spiritual predecessor" Victory Gundam.

Is IBO even a Gundam show? It's just another Okada show with a few passes of Mech stank.

one of those is actually good

(it's the one with the food)

Ah, so all three.

It's really too bad that the bulk of Animator Expo didn't get a ton of exposure in the larger internet anime community. Hopefully, the entries mentioned in the voting thread caught the eye of those that weren't aware of it at least.

No Parasyte :(
Good list though.

I think most of the push for that came from the 2014 awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom