• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

LiK

stuffies

2011-03-28_16-44-45_942.jpg

3DSGAMES.jpg

mamoru.jpg

crysis2.jpg

tangledfantasia.jpg

2011-04-02_14-34-05_202.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Pepboy said:
Awesome! Can I ask where you found it for sale?

Sure, it was on a blog site I follow, Muhoot-saver. Amusingly enough though, I didn't find it searching his website but rather I googled, Cowboy Bebop lithograph, and it was the second entry.
http://muhootsaver.tistory.com/

He took down the post that had some pictures of it. He had posted it on Ebay in October of last year and it didn't sell. So I shot him a PM on a forum we both frequent and we negotiated a deal. At $800 it was a steal as there is another similar design that goes for $2500 on YJA in which it shows Spike giving his classic finger gun at the end. Here are some more details if anyone is curious.

Handwritten signature by Toshihiro Kawamoto (Character Designer). It was originally sold in Toshihiro Kawamoto art exhibition. Only 50 copies were printed. Size of the frame is about 75 x 60 cm.

@VGChampion
No. It's a commission by a professional comic book artist who is Howard Shum. I am though going to get two commissions from the original character designer for both Kim Possible and Danny Phantom, Stephen Silver. So I plan to put all three pieces together.

SUPARSTARX said:
Picked up exam book from a Borders that was closing, they had 50% to 75% clearance off all items.

Good luck if you decide to take the exam. Still hoping to finish my MCSE this month (finally), then do the upgrade exams.

FINALBOSS

Banned
plc268 said:
I know this'll sound really random, but damn I wish I could buy one of those plastic bottle crates here in the US.

They were everywhere when I lived in Germany, but here in the US, all we use is cardboard for everything.

You're well aware that us in the USA get the shitty Heinekens, right? The ones that sit on the docks in the hot sun waiting to be exported. It's so shitty here.

Fuck them and drink USA brews instead. Dog Fish Head, Rogue, etc.

Acrylic7

Animal is for my concept art. need better understanding of animals.
I love Imagine FX. I saw this special Anatomy mag so I got it. Need to get a subscription. $17 for a single mag is ridicules
Chrono Trigger for $15 as a mistake on Bestbuys behalf. So I picked it up.
Lauryn Hill is self explanatory
SJump for the lulz
and art techniques from DK is amazing.

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

expy

Banned
Didn't post last month, so here are my pickups.

ezw5t.jpg

Picked up Belldandy, Tessa, and Chidori~

joDQH.jpg

Shana from this pic

VoSzc.jpg

Better shot of Shana!

aWsTC.jpg

Neptunia and Ar Tonelico LEs.

wowzors

Here is my haul from march 28th to now. (not pictured invisible shield on the Zoom and Screen protectors on the 3DS.)

zavsE.jpg

WARP10CK

Banned
IMAG0006.jpg

First of my pickups this month the book is better than the actual game, hope that I will be posting a picture of a 3ds real soon.

GQman2121 said:
Sweater and Black Swan.jpg

I really like that sweater.

I want to see Black Swan but now whenever I see her in full makeup I cant help but see Jim Carey. That and I hear there's a rather cringe worthy
skin peeling
scene.

BannedEpisode said:

I want to see Black Swan but now whenever I see her in full makeup I cant help but see Jim Carey. That and I hear there's a rather cringe worthy
skin peeling
scene.

It's all worth it for the sex scene.

CPCunha

Man i LOVE visiting the US of A...

TAKE MY MONEY UNCLE SAM!

The GTX is a monster, taking up three pci slots...and i wasnt expecting the blackwidow to be so heavy...guess i'll have a customs brawl when i get back to brasil.

The pic was take with a Motorola Atrix4g and connected to it, the Beyerdynamic DTX100 (thanks for the help audiogaffers).

much love.

styl3s

U4y0Y.jpg

Yes.. that is a horse on that blanket and it feels like heaven when you cover up.

Like a fool that doesn't have money to spend i bought the 3DS, and to make myself eat even less for the next week i plan on picking up Pilot Wings and either Ridge Racer or Rayman tomorrow.

now it's time to unbox this and make my eyes explode out of my glasses

FOOTE

BannedEpisode said:

skin peeling
scene.
I now hate you.

naoki5001

warpaint said:
where do you get the catherine guide from ?

Meibundo. Was released on the 31st. I tried one store in town closest to me on the 1st, but they didn't have it in stock. I went to another larger Meibundo a bit farther away and they had a fresh stack of them. 2100 yen.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ got some gold there son.. Obviously the RPGs are great.. But Gradius V is a real winner too.

plc268

FINALBOSS said:
You're well aware that us in the USA get the shitty Heinekens, right? The ones that sit on the docks in the hot sun waiting to be exported. It's so shitty here.

Fuck them and drink USA brews instead. Dog Fish Head, Rogue, etc.

Oh, I didn't necessarily mean the Heinekens themselves. I do a lot of homebrewing, and I get by with milk crates, but they're just not the same. Just about anything sold in a glass bottle had one of those plastic crates in Europe (at least it was that way when I was there 10 yrs ago). I can't seem to find those things anywhere.

Anyway, carry on.

vexvegaz

MarkMan said:
What are your impressions on the R.A.T.?
Once i got the mouse configured and adjusted for my hand, it was a amazing. The "tick" feel of the left and right button was a nice and welcoming touch, I am glad it didn't have that spongy feeling like the mouse Ive used in the past. If nothing else, it just looks bad-ass!

sikkinixx said:
High-Five.jpg
Another member of the club!

I took me longer than id hope, either it was never in stock or my funds were needed somewhere else.

Lerozz

IMG_5619.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

On the bottom games my GF brought from UK. The left is a real gem, the other, oeer, not so much.

IMG_5620.jpg

Blurry, blurry ... Hardcorps Uprising.

Ledsen

dubc35 said:
Nice! Have you tried Buffalo Trace? It's a smooth, tasty whiskey.

You guys don't have Scotch whiskey in the US or is it too expensive? I only see people recommending US whiskey.

Nitemare1 said:
Not yet but I will put it on the list of things to try. Thanks for the heads up!
Also check out Eagle Rare or Four Roses Single Barrel. Picked up a bottle of each last month and they are great buys for the price (~$30). The 4R is on the spicy side while the ER is a little softer w/ some nice vanilla notes. Can't go wrong with either one.

Top Bottom