• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

styl3s

Xk8lf.jpg

I was going to pick up Ridge Racer, SF4 and Pilot wings but decided i need some pokemans and an rpg in my life so this is what i got

Sorry for the blurry pic. Got our new Scottish Fold kitten over the weekend. World, say hello to Fry. Our other Fold, Leela, is not amused so far. :\

Machine

Ledsen said:
You guys don't have Scotch whiskey in the US or is it too expensive? I only see people recommending US whiskey.

There is plenty of Scotch whiskey in the US. It's just a matter of personal preference. I favor the taste of Bourbon but I know some people that prefer Scotch.

Rich!

Haven't got any photos of it yet, but I just got Kirby Super Star Ultra! Seems to be very hard to find right now, but amazon had it for £18, and I had some credit to use. Not bad.

Getting irritated with the larger EU/UK boxes now I've got the super-slim UK 3DS ones though...tempted to get a few USA DS boxes and simply put the inserts into them.

Asparagus

0CLtg.jpg

Got these for pretty cheap, sadly my NES started resetting soon after I got them and after cleaning the thing out it refuses to turn on :(

yh62k.jpg

Picked up a PSP Slim and downloaded Trails in the Sky from PSN. I did get a Go but quickly returned it when I realised just how uncomfortable it is to use.

eLIf9.jpg

Since I was getting a Slim I figured I might as well pick up these two as well.

160Cf.jpg

Picked up these two with the store credit I had left over. It's gona take a while to get that gunk off RR7.

CTbzS.jpg

£2.99 for Lost Planet 2! I enjoyed the demo so grabbed it when I saw it at that price. Neuromancer has been one of those books I've been getting around to reading forever.

cG2La.jpg

And finally a few games on Steam. Bit Trip.Runner was a bitch to get into but I enjoyed it in the long run.

wowzors

warpaint said:
How is PES ?

I like it a lot, I'm more of a FIFA guy, but it definitely fills that football (soccer) need. The 3D doesn't add a ton but its neat to see the banners and stuff have a sense of depth and the corner kicks look a lot more epic. It's so nice to have a stick on the 3DS makes controlling much easier rather than the D-Pad.

Hieberrr

Asparagus said:
160Cf.jpg

Picked up these two with the store credit I had left over. It's gona take a while to get that gunk off RR7.

Take everything out of that case (manual, disk, cover) and pour a little vegetable or olive oil on the sticker/gunk and scrub it off with a paper towel. Works like a charm :)

styl3s

devon the dude said:
Picked this up last month, but just moved in yesterday. Now its time to replace/fix everything!
198465_199212460103015_100000427867110_637139_3931764_n.jpg
Congrats on the home! i just moved in my new house about 2 years ago and im loving it.

The fixing is the pain >.<

XNarte

Feels good to finally be able to post so I decided to put everything I've gotten this year up through April instead of just the things I picked up this weekend. My birthday was in February so a lot of this comes from around then.

204758_10150214453350350_515670349_9100066_8088717_o.jpg

Books: American Jesus, Lost at Sea, and The Stuff of Legend Book One (so good!)

Movies/TV: Futurama Season 5, Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1, American Psycho, Alice in Wonderland, 3:10 to Yuma, and Black Swan.

Music: Boyz Noise- Oi Oi Oi, Gorillaz- Gorillaz and D-Sides, and Dieselboy- Substance D.

Games: Little Big Planet 2, my wife's Pokemon White, and my first ventures into the Shin Megami Tensei series- $25 for both! (which should I start with?)

otmane

I went on a crazy shopping spree these last days.

Hardware pickups:
61da0ccc.png

IPad 2 64GB black and black euro 3DS

Accessories:
63f47cee.png

Grey poly smart cover ( I spent two hours in the apple store before making up my mind on the color of the smart cover and finally bought the most classic one :lol: )
I also bought a camera connexion kit and hdmi out

9e48fa7e.png

PSP Go official leather pouch

Games:
a58ad72d.png

I followed GAF's hype and imported 999, and also bought the UMD version of peace walker even though I have it on PSN and I only have a PSP Go but this game being my 2010 GOTY I needed to have the box on my shelf !!

0b2bda61.png

Art works:
304224cc.png

MGS Peace walker art book and the 2011 nintendo guide thanks to my cousin in Japan ( mehdi_san on GAF)

Foofaraw

yEmHE.jpg

I think I covered the bases.

Elijah Craig 18 year single barrel
Infinite Space
Radiant Historia - following the GAF hype and using my tax return to do so

Bought some more pearler beads and peg boards, but thought showing off the Bartz the Blue Mage and Amaterasu I made with them would be more interesting.

I should probably pick up a better camera at some point, too.

Jaroof

2011-04-03103755.jpg

Couldn't install it until I got:
2011-04-03231545.jpg

My very own screwdriver set. >_> lol
The tool that came with the battery pack sucked. It only worked on two of the screws on the 3DS.
Glad I finally got it attached, though.

2011-04-03231648.jpg

woo!

Foofaraw said:
yEmHE.jpg

I think I covered the bases.

Elijah Craig 18 year single barrel
Infinite Space
Radiant Historia - following the GAF hype and using my tax return to do so

Bought some more pearler beads and peg boards, but thought showing off the Bartz the Blue Mage and Amaterasu I made with them would be more interesting.

I should probably pick up a better camera at some point, too.

Amazing bead art dude. Ammy is especially impressive!

otmane said:
2011 nintendo guide thanks to my cousin in Japan ( mehdi_san on GAF)

Cool cover. What's in that guide exactly?

Found this in a thrift store for about $60. It's only missing the windshield, but it's meant to be a collectible pedal car so how it ended up in a thrift store is a mystery to me. Now, if it was only real Shelby...and if I was only a little kid again and I could play with this damn thing.
IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Convention season is underway for me. WonderCon's done, while both Fanime and Anime Expo are coming up soon.

Here are my WonderCon pick-ups.

Tribes TBN
IMG_3078.jpg

Poe and Oshawott
IMG_3080.jpg

RPD (from Capcom) and a new Robin shirt (my old one got torn)
IMG_3081.jpg

Pokémon pins from Nintendo
IMG_3082.jpg

Finally, an awesome Ghost Trick shirt from Capcom

Front:
IMG_3083.jpg

Back:
IMG_3084.jpg

Side:
IMG_3085.jpg

Some new stuff!

3DS and SSF4:3D. I actually enjoy Street Fighter a LOT more on the 3DS. Its awesome.
2011-04-04011256.jpg

Tom's. Light, comfy, and charitable.
toms.jpg

Vans Classics. I wanted Blue but they were sold out in 13's.
vanclassic.jpg

Slip Ons. I love these.
VanSlips.jpg

I normally dont go on shoe benders but I had been wearing the same threadbare pair of Adidas Campuses for almost 2 years.

And yes, my shelf is dusty and has a coffee stain on it.

Spike

otmane said:
Art works:
304224cc.png

MGS Peace walker art book and the 2011 nintendo guide thanks to my cousin in Japan ( mehdi_san on GAF)

Any chance you can post some pics from that Nintendo guide?

Some new shoes. Puma First Round.

j6ma6l.jpg

New Vinyl.

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Madness - One Step Beyond
Herbie Hancock - Monster
T Raumschmiere - A Milion Brothers
The Warriors OST

Djd6yl.jpg

Zertez

Banzaiaap said:
New Vinyl.

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Madness - One Step Beyond
Herbie Hancock - Monster
T Raumschmiere - A Milion Brothers
The Warriors OST

Djd6yl.jpg
Nice, I think I have listened to Stop Making Sense more than any other album, well if you include watching the dvd as well.

Jaroof said:
2011-04-03103755.jpg

Couldn't install it until I got:
2011-04-03231545.jpg

My very own screwdriver set. >_> lol
The tool that came with the battery pack sucked. It only worked on two of the screws on the 3DS.
Glad I finally got it attached, though.

2011-04-03231648.jpg

woo!

I know you just got this and all, but the sooner you can give us any impressions about how good this battery is, the better. I have been holding off on a 3DS purchase specifically because of the battery life issues

Yazuka

Finally got my hands on it! Too bad I have to work a night shift today, so I can't start playing it until tomorrow.

ar_tonelico_quga.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Asparagus said:
eLIf9.jpg

Since I was getting a Slim I figured I might as well pick up these two as well.
Does that sticker on 3rd Birthday say FFV? Is that already on the EU PSone store or is that a stealth confirmation?

Lee N

Membre
_dementia said:
How does it look in 3D?

Are the backgrounds polygonal like the arcade and console game or 2D like the PSP port?
The 3D is pretty understated to be honest. And it's using 2D backgrounds, only layered in 3D with various depths.

I haven't had a lot of time to play it yet so I can't really tell you more about the game right now.

Takao

Banned
Shig said:
Does that sticker on 3rd Birthday say FFV? Is that already on the EU PSone store or is that a stealth confirmation?

If it's any consolation, FFV was confirmed for PSN Release today... in Japan.

Top Bottom