• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

ee9e077f.jpg

Oh man, I miss Walkers Cheese & Onion so bad.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
All Region discs? Chinese subtitles? DTS-HD audio on DVD's? Film description typographical errors? 'DVD-9' stamped all over the packaging?

I don't want to rag on your purchase dude, but if that box-set was a rapper it could not proclaim it was 'TOO LEGIT TO QUIT' without it's credibility being called into question in the form of a diss track from a $370 Japanese BluRay Fate/Zero Set O.G. STRAIGHT THUGGIN'.

Yep, that's a bootleg.

Shizuku

Neo Member
Yup, the ghibli box is definitely a bootleg as evidenced by the subtitles, typos and even fake ghibli font. Also, some of these films (like ocean waves) have only recently been released to dvd and ghibli have not announced any kind of box set release since. There are very few legit ghibli collection sets - i suppose you can check them at nausicaa.net

Adamm

Ghibli have never released a box set containing all of their films. They have released a few region 3 sets with 8 or 9 movies in them, but they did not have english dubs or subtitles.
And no boxset will have Tales from Earthsea & Ponyo in them as they are too recent.

Also your box says Tale of Earthsea instead of Tales from Earthsea, and it was released in 2006 not 2007.

Its an awesome box & I would probably be quite happy with it if I had bought it myself, but its definitely a bootleg.

All Region discs? Chinese subtitles? DTS-HD audio on DVD's? Film description typographical errors? 'DVD-9' stamped all over the packaging?

I don't want to rag on your purchase dude, but if that box-set was a rapper it could not proclaim it was 'TOO LEGIT TO QUIT' without it's credibility being called into question in the form of a diss track from a $370 Japanese BluRay Fate/Zero Set O.G. STRAIGHT THUGGIN'.

Yup, the ghibli box is definitely a bootleg as evidenced by the subtitles, typos and even fake ghibli font. Also, some of these films (like ocean waves) have only recently been released to dvd and ghibli have not announced any kind of box set release since. There are very few legit ghibli collection sets - i suppose you can check them at nausicaa.net

Yep, that's a bootleg.

Ghibli have never released a box set containing all of their films.  They have released a few region 3 sets with 8 or 9 movies in them, but they did not have english dubs or subtitles.
And no boxset will have Tales from Earthsea & Ponyo in them as they are too recent.

Also your box says Tale of Earthsea instead of Tales from Earthsea, and it was released in 2006 not 2007.

Its an awesome box & I would probably be quite happy with it if I had bought it myself, but its definitely a bootleg.

Yep seems like it. Only "box set" that seems legit is the one from Play Asia, and even then its only 11 movies.

Wazzim

Banned
UUUlV.jpg

Master Grade HeavyArms. This was one of my favorite mobile suits growing up and I'm psyched for the build.

Wow, very cool. I still want to get master grade Sazabi sometime in the feature, I just don't know if I'm ready yet for such awesomeness.

BrettWeir

Fun month for new toys!

Already posted in the bike thread. Cannondale Trail Six.

iAOFWHEWwiudx.JPG

And ... our new baby JK!!!!! After test drive and driving it off of the lot, 15 miles on the odometer. Hell yeah!

ibzestE1b7jmuv.jpg

MarkedOne

Neo Member
Bootleg or not , it is certainly the highest quality Studio Ghibli "boxset" I have ever purchased and I have quite a few of them.It seems to be a boxset that has been released by a foreign production company that isn't Studio Ghibli. I think it might be either Chinese or Australian. Also , the picture quality of the movies is excellent and in some cases , better than the "official" releases. It's particularly true when it comes to the older movies.
For 50$ you can't complain much..and it has TONS of extra special features that I had never seen before.

Ledsen

See, I had actually seen that some people prefer composite cords to the S-Video since some games end up looking like crap with it apparently, but I also heard the majority look much more crisp with S-Video? You guys just fooling about or are those legit recommendations over the S-Video? May be worth my while to get both I suppose.

RGB isn't composite. It goes like this for SD content: RF < composite < S-Video <<<<<<<< RGB

Sadly for you guys in US, you never got RGB :(

So, after several years of pining after this, I got a chance to get one.

rHAxX.gif

A Konami beatmania IIDX Arcade Style Controller.

I can't justify a DJ Dao, and I got this for less than half of what one of those would cost. I love the clickiness and I love having room for my hands and wrists. I still suck bad, but I feel like I can actually play now.

Now that I played on a Pop'n music machine, a Konami Pop'n ASC is up next...

Nice pickup! I had imported both a IIDX and a PNM ASC back in the Bemani day! I had sold both and had the itch to get back in.

I then picked up a smaller Dao for IIDX and a raised small PNM Konami controller a year ago.

RGB isn't composite. It goes like this for SD content: RF < composite < S-Video <<<<<<<< RGB

I have a Japanese Saturn, but I'm pretty sure you can my RGB SCART cable with a North American one too. I use a SCART -> Component converter to get RGB in my TV from my Super Famicom and Saturn. Best possible picture from those consoles.

Onionkid

Yea, the entire time I kept reading RGB my mind was brainfarting and thinking composite, haha. I looked into it, seems I could get RGB set up for it but it doesn't sound like it'd be worth the effort/cost to do so over here :(

But I guess what I was talking about to begin with is that people were supposedly saying that because of some of the dithering effects in use in games like Nights, that certain textures look *worse* the better the image clarity gets? I have no clue personally, sounds like a lot of bunk to me.

Anyhow, thanks for the info guys. Guess I better post some pics to get back on topic!

se.jpg

Got some books in that I'd ordered from GoHastings :)

ee.jpg

And found a copy of Thunder Force 3 with the case/manual for cheap at the same store that had that Saturn!

Friend sent me an Easter present (she lives in Europe):

2885bb6d.jpg

An in-joke from watching an episode of House Hunters International that was filmed in her country.

cf7d56c2.jpg

Lego and Inazuma 2

3885fbc5.jpg

Moar Easter candies!

914fa8a4.jpg

6167db45.jpg

b0a37df3.jpg

dcdef1f6.jpg

a1bcadff-1.jpg

(shirt is a fuchsia-purple color)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
moPGb.jpg

Finally decided to buy it after I saw it for $64 from someone in NA. There's a few scratches on it. Should I be worried? Never seen scratches on a blu ray before. Played it for an hour or two and it was playing fine.

Elginer

TjLhQ.jpg

The Darkness II from the Amazon DD sale thread. Great game made even greater with game credits went from 12 bucks to costing me 53 cents at Amazon. :)

Blunt

Banned
Scooping up at launch before Sega cancels and discontinues everything that isn't Sonic, Football Manager or Total War leaving titles such as this to become rarer than rocking horse shit.

Only started playing but Rhythm Thief seems pretty fun so far.

2178340-20120414_011328___copy.jpg

Where did you get these One Piece shirts? That white Tony shirt is bad ass stuff. I really want one! :O

They're all from UNIQLO good sir!

Even better about the white Tony shirt is that it also comes in pink. :)
ce19ff02.jpg

One of the few UNIQLO UT shirts that I have doubles of (I only have doubles of my MGS4/MGSPW UNIQLO shirts).

Top Bottom