• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Pennywise

New couch
jmMvK.jpg

mhJoF.jpg

Homunculus 1-15
aqX3p.jpg

just awesome
6vnC7.jpg

ilO0r.jpg

finally on the wall
UtNYW.jpg

Arrived from playasia today:

05A3P.jpg

Can I get some inside shots? am about to drop the money on this before they discontinue it or something knowing my luck. I'm 99% of the way there but I'm curious about the general content. And a personal thumbs up or down having now owned it would be nice.

Blunt

Banned
Another day, another batshit crazy Dick Smith sale. Got the games and accessories between $5 to $15 dollars, the DSi XL's for $40 each - and then another 30% off that. One man's economic downturn is another man's padded out game collection.

2174842-20120411_153916___copy.jpg

And found these on the doorstep when I got home. A friend of mine who thinks The Hunger Games is the best thing since sliced shit revealed he hasn't seen Battle Royale before. $10 for the BD is worthy tuition for such an education next movie night.

Ah! An axe!

2174843-20120411_154152___copy.jpg

mandiller

Another day, another batshit crazy Dick Smith sale. Got the games and accessories between $5 to $15 dollars, the DSi XL's for $40 each - and then another 30% off that. One man's economic downturn is another man's padded out game collection.

And found these on the doorstep when I got home. A friend of mine who thinks The Hunger Games is the best thing since sliced shit revealed he hasn't seen Battle Royale before. $10 for the BD is worthy tuition for such an education next movie night.

Ah! An axe!

2174843-20120411_154152___copy.jpg

Aww man. I was trying to hunt down an XL today. Good haul!

AkIRA_22

BOOM! full Water cooling loop for CPU and GPU, squeezed into a mid tower case (Fractal Arc)

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

performance has gone through the roof with the overclocks I've reached.

upandaway

I would buy one at that price in a heartbeat, since I want one anyway. Good going man.

Finally got some more anime, and my favourite film trilogy ever.
5 Centimetres Per Second, Lucky Star, Elfen Lied, Spirited Away, Angel Beats, Samurai Champloo, The Vengeance Trilogy, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.
First season of Full Metal Panic hasn't come in yet.

MarkedOne

Neo Member
Just received my Studio Ghibli Complete Box Set containing all of their movies.

004.jpg

007.jpg

Couldn't get my hands on volume 5 , yet.

003.jpg

Black Rock Shooter Collectors Limited Edition

013.jpg

Battle Royale U.S and U.K editions.

010.jpg

Wasn't planning on getting one of these... but alcohol and ebay...

iYoM54EDNBpzW.jpg

Still... slightly used Vita + 32gb card + case + stand for $250 was a decent deal imo.

ibu

It's my birthday on Saturday so I decided to treat myself to a PS Vita, 4gb Memory Card and Unit 13. Cracking piece of kit.

I will grab a 32gb when it comes out here.

Also not exactly a pick up, but it looks like I will be relocating from London to Kuwait for a year as I've been offered a job out there for 12months. So I am probably going to go there work my ass off and pay off any debts I may have left from studying. I will also have to put my last semester of uni (MA Degree) on hold whilst I go and then come back and finish it late next Autumn (2013).

4XPq4.jpg

NTWT0.jpg

Sinthetic

Haul of 37 coming in 2 batches...

First one:

Breathless wins best spine ever in my book.

BdmI6.jpg

2BZC1.jpg

6LWFF.jpg

And a bonus of 5 Criterion Cases as backup...

M1ZSf.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
filling out my nes collection some more with this and another package coming either tomorrow or the next day

Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project, Dodge Ball
ninjaball.jpg

Dr. Mario, Skate or Die
drdie.jpg

Videomation
videomation.jpg

a few things arrived this morning..

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120411/tdd4hvok.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

that big box secret of mana is awesome

Onionkid

ss.jpg

Woohoo, I've been wanting another Sega Saturn since I sold mine, and a local game shop had one bundled with the Action Replay Plus which I also wanted so I figured why not. Too bad it came with an RF Switch, I'm gonna have to order an S-Video cord for it asap!

ss.jpg

Woohoo, I've been wanting another Sega Saturn since I sold mine, and a local game shop had one bundled with the Action Replay Plus which I also wanted so I figured why not. Too bad it came with an RF Switch, I'm gonna have to order an S-Video cord for it asap!

S-Vid? Go RGB or go home!

Nice haul. I <3 Saturn.

Onionkid

S-Vid? Go RGB or go home!

Nice haul. I <3 Saturn.

Saturn kicks ass, yo!

And I second the RGB rec.

See, I had actually seen that some people prefer composite cords to the S-Video since some games end up looking like crap with it apparently, but I also heard the majority look much more crisp with S-Video? You guys just fooling about or are those legit recommendations over the S-Video? May be worth my while to get both I suppose.

Johnny

RGB will give you a better picture but there's a lot more work and cost involved. S-Video is the easiest solution if you're in the US.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
See, I had actually seen that some people prefer composite cords to the S-Video since some games end up looking like crap with it apparently, but I also heard the majority look much more crisp with S-Video? You guys just fooling about or are those legit recommendations over the S-Video? May be worth my while to get both I suppose.

RGB looks like you're looking at the game. That's the best way to describe it. It's like... so fuckin' razor sharp and you feel like you can see every last speck of detail because... well, you can. Only problem is that if you're in the US, you'd need to get some sort of kewl thing like the XRGB to make it work.

So really, it's probably most cost-effective and easiest to go with s-video in most cases. Though RGB is a huge damn step up.

Also, nobody likes composite cables over s-video unless they are a butthead.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So, after several years of pining after this, I got a chance to get one.

rHAxX.gif

A Konami beatmania IIDX Arcade Style Controller.

I can't justify a DJ Dao, and I got this for less than half of what one of those would cost. I love the clickiness and I love having room for my hands and wrists. I still suck bad, but I feel like I can actually play now.

Now that I played on a Pop'n music machine, a Konami Pop'n ASC is up next...

Blunt

Banned
All Region discs? Chinese subtitles? DTS-HD audio on DVD's? Film description typographical errors? 'DVD-9' stamped all over the packaging?

I don't want to rag on your purchase dude, but if that box-set was a rapper it could not proclaim it was 'TOO LEGIT TO QUIT' without it's credibility being called into question in the form of a diss track from a $370 Japanese BluRay Fate/Zero Set O.G. STRAIGHT THUGGIN'.

Top Bottom