• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Sylver

Banned
uywwirc.jpg

FGp1dDj.jpg

New iPad mini retina 128 GB Wifi.
with the first death note rule "The human whose name is written in this note shall die" etched.

SHarris78

All the way from the US of A, brand new and unopened .......

v0lMf81.jpg

All the way from Germany, the almost impossible to find EZIV, not that i've got much to put on it yet, but the thought of having my growing library on one cart wherever I go is pretty awesome

L7aysbo.jpg

And finally, all the way from......well up the road compared to the other two

bh63Ld5.jpg

Its as great to play today as it was 20 odd years ago.

uywwirc.jpg

FGp1dDj.jpg

New iPad mini retina 128 GB Wifi.
with the first death note rule "The human whose name is written in this note shall die" etched.

I was 50/50 on color when I got my iPad Air and I ended up sticking with the safe choice and getting the black, black still looks good but every time I see a white iPad I get jealous because of how sexy it looks, this year I'm not picking the safe color again

I enjoy good gaming photography a lot <3

Kinda OT, but what kind of camera and lens did you use to get this macro and bokeh?

Nothing too fancy, just an old Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i which happened to have its stock 18-55mm Canon lens on when I grabbed it. I'm sure I could do a lot better than my posted shots, if I had more time (was kinda juggling my breakfast/doing work stuff all at the same time earlier!)

Got this all through April. The most meorable are Rhythm tengoku Gba ( yeah, I know is the wrong side, but I won't take another pic) and fire emblem path of radiance. Also, koro koro kirby and I can't play it in my Sp :(

CR-18

Neo Member
Congrats. This is a future dream for me; such a beautiful car. Bought a house myself, so no cars for some time.
Nice congrats in the house that would be my next big purchase. I just had to get one of this now since Mitsubishi won't be making them anymore

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Your old build is absolutely insane. Incredible. Beautiful. Powerful. I can't believe that struggles with 4K - three Titans and that CPU, I would have imagined would have been more than enough. Killer setup, man. I thought my rig was off-the-hook; and it doesn't hold a candle to yours - mine looks like a hodgepodge of random crap in comparison, lol.

9385972499_d1247bccc6_b.jpg

... Anyhoo, thanks for sharing. That whole post is one of my favorites I've seen in these threads so far.

Gameboy415

uL68l35l.jpg

-I got my bonus copy of Nintendo Force #7 from the Kickstarter campaign - it's pretty great!
I found the Planet of the Apes book & the TMNT Graphic Novel on clearance at Half-Price Books and got the Son of a Witch hardcover @ Goodwill (turned out to be a First Edition too, woo).

Xa65hVgl.jpg

-The guide is from eBay, the figure is from Toys R Us, and the Godzilla book from Half-Price Books.

4L2GpcTl.jpg

-I got all of these 60% off @ Toys R Us.

tmiqizfl.jpg

-Cheap Blus from Amazon.

QoZ7Yhel.jpg

-More cheap Blus from Amazon & FOXConnect.

DAgsWw6l.jpg

-I got the Blu-Rays and Memory Stick from Half-Price Books and Killzone from Amazon.

ZVjJhCZl.jpg

-I got everything in this pic from my family for my Birthday (4/15). :)

HYj0Xdbl.jpg

-More 60% off goodies from Toys R Us. Disney's Magical World was on sale for $19.99 (already!) and I grabbed Walk it Out for $10 at Half-Price Books.

4zbKrPpl.jpg

-I now have every Pokemon game from the original Game Boy through Nintendo DS! :)
I just need 2 more games (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon & Pokemon Tretta Lab) and I'll have all of the 3DS titles too. :)

And last, but absolutely not least:

q4tptBJl.jpg

-FINALLY! I've wanted a (complete) copy of Chrono Trigger for SNES ever since it came out back in the day so I finally splurged and bought one on eBay (before the prices get even higher...).
This copy is in phenomenal condition and came with both the map & poster. :D

I am greatful to have my complete chrono trigger from when I was a kid.

The manual is in rough shape, everything else is real nice.

Wish I hadn't thrown out my harvest moon box and manual :(

Your old build is absolutely insane. Incredible. Beautiful. Powerful. I can't believe that struggles with 4K - three Titans and that CPU, I would have imagined would have been more than enough. Killer setup, man. I thought my rig was off-the-hook; and it doesn't hold a candle to yours - mine looks like a hodgepodge of random crap in comparison, lol.

9385972499_d1247bccc6_b.jpg

... Anyhoo, thanks for sharing. That whole post is one of my favorites I've seen in these threads so far.

That is a great looking setup too! I always have a soft spot for red, white and black. :)

The 2014 rig, (dubbed "The Furnace") is nearing completion. Here is how it looks. I may have to soften up the glaring orange LED light/or change it to plain white LED light because it is overwhelming that Titanfall panel design behind the reservoir, but other than that, it is almost finished. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel! :D

VE0bwpB.jpg

With that custom Titanfall design panel behind the reservoir.

T8xDP2D.jpg

The custom Titanfall design back panel. A really tight fit with all the cable management it's hiding.

T92VIoI.jpg

With all lightings, er......lighted. :p Softer glow from the power supply cover compared to the orange glare from the bare LED strip. Trying to soften that harsh light later with nylon or wax paper.

d2YyR1S.jpg

With ambient lights off. This build is a collaborative effort, with the expertise culled from the fantastic system builders at Asia PC Extreme Syndicate (APES). Hence the watermark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEjMZ3a6woc[
A little video of the nearly completed build.

Once everything is set and done, "The Furnace" will get its studio photoshoot treatment at our little studio setup we have at the build lab. With these two in tow to complete the "theme" of the build:

o35wGK6.jpg

GCIsYAe.jpg

I guess it's obvious, I love Titanfall that much. :p

Deefuzz

27Iwwmy.jpg

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (PS3)
Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks! (3DS)
Infamous: Second Son (PS4)
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

MacBook Pro 15"

I dig that screensaver, may I ask where it came from?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
That is a great looking setup too! I always have a soft spot for red, white and black. :)

The 2014 rig, (dubbed "The Furnace") is nearing completion. Here is how it looks. I may have to soften up the glaring orange LED light/or change it to plain white LED light because it is overwhelming that Titanfall panel design behind the reservoir, but other than that, it is almost finished. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel! :D

VE0bwpB.jpg

With that custom Titanfall design panel behind the reservoir.

T8xDP2D.jpg

The custom Titanfall design back panel. A really tight fit with all the cable management it's hiding.

T92VIoI.jpg

With all lightings, er......lighted. :p Softer glow from the power supply cover compared to the orange glare from the bare LED strip. Trying to soften that harsh light later with nylon or wax paper.

d2YyR1S.jpg

With ambient lights off. This build is a collaborative effort, with the expertise culled from the fantastic system builders at Asia PC Extreme Syndicate (APES). Hence the watermark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEjMZ3a6woc[
A little video of the nearly completed build.

Once everything is set and done, "The Furnace" will get its studio photoshoot treatment at our little studio setup we have at the build lab. With these two in tow to complete the "theme" of the build:

o35wGK6.jpg

GCIsYAe.jpg

I guess it's obvious, I love Titanfall that much. :p

Thanks for the compliments! ... Your new Furnace rig looks great; I actually like the orange light quite a bit. It's different.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Looks like you might work in the component industry or something.

Thanks for the compliments! ... Your new Furnace rig looks great; I actually like the orange light quite a bit. It's different.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Looks like you might work in the component industry or something.

I fly planes for a living. It does looked like I work in the PC business with all these stuff, that's coz I hang out and am very close with the system builder I plan my rig with. Great bunch of guys. Since they build systems for a living, I'm grateful I got the chance for insider infos and first dibs on PC components through them. Was eyeing the Sapphire R9-295X2 just now, thinking if I should do a SFF (Small Form Factor Build).

Skel1ingt0n

I fly planes for a living. It does looked like I work in the PC business with all these stuff, that's coz I hang out and am very close with the system builder I plan my rig with. Great bunch of guys. Since they build systems for a living, I'm grateful I got the chance for insider infos and first dibs on PC components through them. Was eyeing the Sapphire R9-295X2 just now, thinking if I should do a SFF (Small Form Factor Build).

Very cool. Again, thanks for sharing.

Amagon

It took me a few years finding this chair after Ikea discontinued the black leather version, but alas, I scored a good deal on this Ikea Tirup. Picked it up from Craigslist earlier tonight and it's in pretty excellent shape. I love it!

nzB0i4xl.jpg

andylsun

Had a urge to replay Metal Gear Acid and play Acid 2 for the first time. Grabbed another game while there. $4 each at Gamestop

U0RoguQl.jpg

Would love them on my vita

Posted this in the "I need a new PC" thread yesterday; I have been waiting for this moment since 2006 at least.

Can't wait to get off work in 1.5 hours and go home to build it.

jQEH9cudlUCDv.jpg

ref

Posted this in the "I need a new PC" thread yesterday; I have been waiting for this moment since 2006 at least.

Can't wait to get off work in 1.5 hours and go home to build it.

jQEH9cudlUCDv.jpg

Grats man, very nice setup. I'm rocking the HAF X as well on my setup, thing air cools like a boss, it's great.

My pick ups this week:

RG6TEaV.jpg

TV only has 2 HDMI ports, one of which is reserved for a satellite box, so that only left 1 slot for console gaming. (PS4, PS3, 360). This works magically, no more needing to unplug/replug all the time.

GgL5Adq.jpg

I got the MGS Legacy Collection about 2 weeks ago, still playing through it, currently almost finished with MGS3. Got this brand new $34.00 with taxes and shipped, which is still cheaper than the retail price of the game here in Canada: $34.99. Had to wait about a week for it to get here, but wasn't in a rush since I still got lots of MGS to go through before I play this.

hXTTYzq.jpg

Attack on Titan manga. So, I watched the anime first which was fantastic, the music, battles, atmosphere; all exceptionally strong. I can't wait another year for the second season of the anime, so I'm going to go ahead and start reading right where the anime stopped. Very excited to read this.

Taking advantage of the 'sale price' (pffft) on THE iDOLM@STER iOS games, probably the most expensive apps I've ever purchased:

iibv7F89oKO2k.jpg

This was nightmarish, as the games are only available to the US store (I'm UK-based). So I had to set up a new Apple ID, gather some US points cards, watch each download go as slow as treacle as they frequently crapped out (large downloads) over several hours.. but got there in the end.

kasane

Taking advantage of the 'sale price' (pffft) on THE iDOLM@STER iOS games, probably the most expensive apps I've ever purchased:

iibv7F89oKO2k.jpg

This was nightmarish, as the games are only available to the US store (I'm UK-based). So I had to set up a new Apple ID, gather some US points cards, watch each download go as slow as treacle as they frequently crapped out (large downloads) over several hours.. but got there in the end.

its 38 bucks. Is this fucking worth it cause im tempted

Thoraxes

Bought my first smartphone, the S5. Loving it so far. Really love the expandable storage, which was a huge selling-point for me. Was worried I wouldn't like Android because i've mostly used iOS on iPad and iPod iTouch, but it's really really nice once you get down to customizing it.

2014-04-2602.54.10awk26.jpg

Eureka 7 blurays are out so I got these too!

2014-04-2416.17.53-cobljeu.jpg

Hidamari x365 for maximum wide.

2014-04-1702.02.35vrjlg.jpg

And finally some video games!

2014-04-2602.56.00npjm4.jpg

LAA

Bought my first smartphone, the S5. Loving it so far. Really love the expandable storage, which was a huge selling-point for me. Was worried I wouldn't like Android because i've mostly used iOS on iPad and iPod iTouch, but it's really really nice once you get down to customizing it.

2014-04-2602.54.10awk26.jpg

Cool! My Dad picked up an S5 too, seems great (Though I must say I think I prefer my Note 3 more atm, and bizarely, it performed better in benchmark tests than the S5, despite specs saying the hardware is better on the S5... ha ha)

Though yeah, if you're tech savvy, I think Android > iOS no question. I think the iOS is best aimed at the mainstream, simply because its very simple to use, but for those who want more, I did always think Android was better than iOS, but before the Note 3, I only had a HTC Desite which was like Android 2.1 or 2.2 I think, so it wasnt quite...as developed as Android is now, and compared to my iPod Touch 5, the iPod was much faster and could run more sophisiticated apps.
Then I got the Note 3, my mind was blown, I tested Angry Birds Go on both and the difference was night and day, looked so much more clear and sharp on the Note 3, and on the iPod, actually seemed blurry. It really felt like the first mobile device to me which was truly independent from the PC, I always had a reason to plug in mobiles to my PC at some point, but finally anything I want to do on my Phone, I can fully do them without needing to rely on PC access to do it.

Hope you enjoy the S5 and will essentially kill iOS for you ;)

Top Bottom