• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

SHarris78

At last ........

3HrsiTG.jpg

Kilrathi

Digital Pick ups
Titanfall, Thief, Guild wars 2
Aprikl.jpg

Pax East
The line got so bad that the tape line had to put down.
20140412_183214.jpg

line for the VR museum in Unreal Engine 4 with Oculus Rift (I am the Unreal Dev on the project)
20140412_121024.jpg

I kept my GPA up to get recognized again(3rd year) for the Chi Alpha Sigma Honor Society (Earned a 3.40-4.0 GPA, Must have achieved at least junior academic standing, Must have earned a varsity letter in their sport)

SHarris78

At last, indeed! I still have mine from when it was originally released... you did good!

I bought this of Ebay used, expected it to be in decent condition, turns out its in pretty much mint condition! Which I wasnt expecting, so whilst waiting for it to be delivered I went and ordered a brand new one from the US!! Also bought Warioware twisted off Ebay today, new and sealed!!

My wallet is not happy.

McMilhouse

Neo Member
I need to get NBA jam in the long box. Its one I don't have. Are you collecting them?

Not really, I just love NBA Jam. Reminds me of the early 90s playing on SNES and playing the arcade version at the local comic book store. Longbox are definitely amazing though. Which do you have?

Record Store Day pickups:

No Katy Perry, no School of Seven Bells....disappointed, but I got:

Vinyls:

311 - Evolver
Jay-Z & Linkin Park - Collision Course
Avenged Sevenfold - Live in the LBC & Diamonds in the Rough

Chorazin

lNMvGgZ.jpg

Crushed my first Tough Mudder this morning, completed it in under four hours with a friend. Sooooo much fun!

Then after I got my shower I went out to pick up some games because I'm gonna be in so much pain tomorrow I'm not going to be able to leave the couch!

My current PC build, named "Furnace", thanks to the 95 degrees temperature threshold of thhose two R9 290X running in Crossfire. :p The theme is black and gold.

bGI4gOg.jpg

Gonna be removing that hard drive cage, and fitting his PSU cover over the power supply unit to hide those bunch of wires coming out of the PSU. With this custom designed acrylic PSU cover. Simpler compared to my last year's rig.

sUETt8z.jpg

MPrXyah.jpg

Rest of specs as follows:-

Special Edition White Graphite Series™ Corsair 600T Mid-Tower Case
Z87-DELUXE Gold
Intel Core i7 4770K
Vengeance® Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit GOLD (CMY16GX3M2A1600C9A)
Phobya Balancer 250 Gold-Plated Reservoir
Bitspower True Golden fittings
EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ GOLD
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel x 2
EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black x 2
EK-D5 Vario (12V DC Pump) x 2
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Pump Mod Kit - Gold (BP-D5MA-GD) x 2
2 x ASUS Radeon R9 290X 4GB in Crossfire
Seasonic X1250 PSU
Phobya and XSPC radiators
MDPC Sleeve "Vanilla Sands" wire sleeving
Crucial M500 960GB 2.5-inch Internal SSD
Western Digital Green 4TB
Air Series AF120 LED White Quiet Edition High Airflow 120mm Fan
Air Series AF140 LED White Quiet Edition High Airflow 140mm Fan
PrimoFlex ADVANCED LRT Tubing Black

Was thinking of a "gold-colored" coolant, but I was trying to avoid that "urine" look :p, so I went with clear distilled water instead.

The rig is to be paired with this Dell Ultrasharp 2414Q 3840x2160 60Hz 24" monitor.

TOmCbf4.jpg

Other fairly recent purchases:

kfS1FHi.jpg

iPQQqQ1.jpg

Titanfall PC CE.

In keeping with the Titanfall theme :p :

xGpOxu9.jpg

Titanfall custom Xbox One decal from Unique Custom Gaming. Comes with decals for the console, the Kinect and the controller, although the controller decal is a bitch to install due to the curved surface of the controller. It's vinyl, pretty malleable and stretchy, so I've installed it with the help of a heat gun.

The "Furnace" rig, will be complementing the "Endgame" rig I've build last year which is still coping with running 3840x2160 at 60 frames per second on the Asus PQ321Q 4K 32" monitor.

This was last year's rig, named "Endgame":-

"Sandy Bridge-E" Core i7 3930K
8 x 4GB Avexir Core "Red" RAM
3 x Gigabyte GTX Titans
2 x Sandisk Extreme 480GB SSDs in RAID0
1 x WD 4TB Black Edition HDD
1 x Asus BD Drive
1 x Asus Xonar Phoebus Soundcard
1 x Seasonic X1250Watt PSU
1 x Windows 7 Professional
1 x NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Case

Liquid-cooling components:
Custom Bitspower Acrylic & Crystal Link Tubings
2 x XSPC MCP855 Pumps + Bitspower Dual D5Mod Top
Bitspower Flow Indicator
Bitspower Silver Shining Fittings
FrozenQ Liquid Fusion V T-Virus Reservoir
EKWB XTX360 + XSPC EX240 Radiators
Tons of Corsair Red-themed Fans
EKWB Supremacy Nickel Plexi Clean CSQ CPU Waterblock
3 x EKWB EK-FC XXL Edition Titan GPU Waterblocks
PrimoChill Blood Red Liquid Coolant
Custom cablings/Workmanship

vGNYlpg.jpg

KL5n9U5.jpg

OMqUsMo.jpg

YSZUjF8.jpg

6JViLvk.jpg

That bottom PSU cover lights up. Took a while to commission production using sandwiched acrylic pieces, laser cutting and backpanel lighting.

QCsX6BQ.jpg

IEfbfMV.jpg

The "Endgame" rig was paired with the Asus 32" 4K monitor.

o0vQB9S.jpg

YFbvxb7.jpg

Purchased an MSI GT60-2PE Dominator Pro gaming laptop. Specs as shown:

UxkFakc.jpg

iBX0Ol7.jpg

oLAFams.jpg

F4jvxO6.jpg

Last but not least, Nvidia Shield running Remote GameStream, had a quick match of MK:KE while having dinner at a cafe. GameStream running from that MSI GT60 Dominator Pro thanks to that R337.50 Beta driver.

rB4dRHO.jpg

Damn. Those 3 Rigs above put my budget build to shame. I am totally happy with what I've got but somehow I think my system would be treated like it was a leper by you guys. :( Inferiority complex starting to set in now....

I picked this up for 5 euros in Tesco's (a supermarket). The Tesco's here doesn't usually have video games. I've seen a few before but it's been years.

Sorry if the image is too large.

EDIT: I also picked this up in Gamestop for 17.99:

Sippin

RECORD STORE DAY 2014

COLLEGE - NORTHERN COUNCIL

SUPERUNKNOWN: THE SINGLES – FIVE 10-INCH VINYL SET

ARCADE FIRE

THE PIXIES INDIE CINDY

ILLUM SPHERE

27Iwwmy.jpg

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (PS3)
Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks! (3DS)
Infamous: Second Son (PS4)
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

MacBook Pro 15"

Caayn

I picked this up for 5 euros in Tesco's (a supermarket). The Tesco's here doesn't usually have video games. I've seen a few before but it's been years.

Sorry if the image is too large.
€5? Did you hold a gun towards the cashiers head? Best €5 ever spend, I guarantee you that.

snaffles

Decided it was time to give another RPG a shot after finishing up Persona 4 Golden a month or so ago. Will be my first time playing an Ys game so I hope it lives up to the hype, not like the time I imported Linkle Liver Story based on a ridiculously positive Gamefan preview. Not that I am still bitter about it 17 years later or anything.

Just got back from the Sharks - Kings game tonight, glad my SJ Sharks won. Picked this up and had it patched during the game (pardon the flash in the first pic):

3265999cb32bdd05250306d32142af83_zps16ea1834.jpg

077f9afdeb1ade53b599ade682b87eaa_zpsd2c8ac48.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Heh, love this thread...so much cool stuff.

My favorites:

firearms
the gaming rig
the lambo

I think there was a Ferrari on here a few years back, a gift to ones self for getting a divorce. =)

Manp

Heh, love this thread...so much cool stuff.

My favorites:

firearms
the gaming rig
the lambo

I think there was a Ferrari on here a few years back, a gift to ones self for getting a divorce. =)

there was also that guy from the UAE with a new BMW every 2 weeks
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom