• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Bull

Bliddo said:
pickup-1.jpg

Nice pickups but you need to move Grim Fandango to the front!

2451401033_2b79442d23_o.jpg

Not even going to say much about gta4. it's perfect. that is all. Who cares about system warz, if you have ps3, go buy it. if you have 360, go buy it. if you have both, flip a coin, go buy it.

Mass Effect is, in my opinion, a complete waste of 60 bucks. Overrated garbage. Uninteresting characters, uninteresting story, uninteresting world, and the combat is fucking atrocious. I'm considering going against my "no trading games" policy and getting rid of this pile.

I didn't like Mario Kart Wii at first but it's slowly growing on me, which will probably be even slower at this point thanks to gta4 now. I kinda knew what I was getting into with this game, I paid a little bit of attention to it with news and previews so I knew that there was going to be recycled tracks, but I'm dissapointed in how much old stuff is in there. The NEW tracks, however, are a total blast to play, and despite the head to head video review i watched over at 1up/gamevideos, I actually kinda like the trick system. Mario Kart 64 is still the best one though.

bryehn

Guide just showed up as I was installing :D

Thanks to it I've got 2 hours playtime, 10 pigeons sniped, a huge arsenal and not a single mission completed. Just the way I like it.

08-04-29-gta5.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

R*'s GTAIV - Bloody Amazing!
Got a pre-order bonus with 500MS points and some Gamerpics
The Transporter movie collection £8 - Jason Statham :D
As well some of Rockstar's Energy Drink xD

Danielsan

Fallout-NL said:
Jesus Christ, the 25 euros I saved by ordering GTA from Canada are starting to look very insignificant right about now.
Well atleast you saved €25. I paid full price and I'm left empty handed aswell. :lol

Some awesome gaming t-shirts (the ones on the right are Cave Story & Mushihime-sama) thanks to Lordstar from the shmups forums & Psychic Killer Taromaru for the Saturn;

SP_A0143.jpg

Danielsan

Fallout-NL said:
Ouch, how come?
Either Dimplus or tnt post are to blame. Dimplus claims it has send out all pre-orders yesterday but sadly I got nothing today. I wish hadn't ordered it at all. Should have just walked into the local FRS at 9:00 and picked it up. Now I have to wait another 3 days...

Danielsan said:
Either Dimplus or tnt post are to blame. Dimplus claims it has send out all pre-orders yesterday but sadly I got nothing today. I wish hadn't ordered it at all. Should have just walked into the local FRS at 9:00 and picked it up. Now I have to wait another 3 days...

Ja dat zuigt. You have my sympathies.

My roommate is in the other room playing his copy right now though, how's that for torture? :lol

Danielsan

Fallout-NL said:
Ja dat zuigt. You have my sympathies.

My roommate is in the other room playing his copy right now though, how's that for torture? :lol
Hahaha nice as if the entire gamingforum consisting of GTA IV threads isn't torture enough. Well atleast you get play for a bit right?

Danielsan said:
Hahaha nice as if the entire gamingforum consisting of GTA IV threads isn't torture enough. Well atleast you get play for a bit right?

Hmm, I guess I want to save that.. virginity if you will, for when I get my own copy. So yeah, its tough.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
April was an abnormally active month for me:

d1NQ1Pb.jpg

5GhJ1nm.jpg

PS2: Unlimited SaGa, God of War 2, Soul Nomad, Beyond Good and Evil, Kingdom Hearts
Wii: House of the Dead, Opoona, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Wheel
360: Mass Effect, Prey, The Darkness, Two Worlds, Jericho, Grand Theft Auto IV, (not pictured) Viva Pinata Party Animals
DS: My Spanish Coach, theta, Contact, Front Mission, Simple Series DS 31, Simple Series DS 32, Slide Adventure Mag Kid, The World Ends With You
PSP: Brave Story, Crisis Core
PS1: NO ONE CAN STOP MR DOMINO
DVDs: Futurama Season 2, Futurama Season 3, Idiocracy, Fargo, ATL, Alpha Dog, Riddick Trilogy, Knocked Up

So that's 26 video games, 2 seasons of television, and 7 DVDs in one month.

All I can say is that I'm very thankfully that May is a relatively speaking quiet month.

CTLance

Yesterday evening my copy of FFCC: Threads of... RING of Fate arrived.

2009vt4.jpg

Sorry for crappy mobile pic... It's the only working digicam I have at the moment.

100% pure love. The controls are a bit strange, and the kiddie main characters in the beginning annoyed me a bit, but I'm absolutely LOVING it so far. Just beat the Plant boss. Thankfully the kiddy stuff gets severely tuned down after an hour or two, now there's even some semblance of a story. Sure started out slow though.

For the record: Meeth, the pedo Lilty with moogle-killing tendencies, she frightens me. D:

april08g.jpg

-Eureka Seven Volume 10 (eps 46-50). Longest anime series I've ever bought every volume of... most of them cap at 6 volumes these days.

-SG-1: Ark of Truth. Kinda silly at times, but as good as Stargate gets in these post season-8 times. Not a huge fan of the Ori storyline, though, looking forward to blu-ray Continuum.

-The IT Crowd Season 1 & 2 boxset. This is the funniest britcom since Red Dwarf.

Yes Boss!

IMG_0311.jpg

GTA virgin but so far I'm loving every minute of it. Played about eight hours already. I've got a PS3 as well but I went with the 360 for achievements and the future DLC...but damn does this game make my Elite run at full blast.

g35twinturbo said:
Hmmm I never heard of this but since I work in IT I assume I will find this funny. yes?

Hell yea. There's 3 links in my post to some funny clips. My fave episode is The Work Outing, the first episode of season 2. It's on Youtube, and also on the channel 4 site if you download 4 On Demand.

Also: This and this lol

Yes Boss!

PIMPBYBLUD said:
Wish me luck on the lottery ;)
GTA4
Xenosaga 3- 17.99
360 Battery
Final Fantasy 3 New- 19.99
XBL 12 Month Membership- 39.99
6qcta0.jpg

Good Luck PIMPYBLUD! I'm hoping for the best for the next two nights as well...but I live in ritzy south orange county and nobody ever wins around here :-(

IMG_0314.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Didn't have to preorder. I was planning to get the 360 version but other than achievements and DLC, I don't really care. Plus........peer pressure!!!

GTAIV.jpg

Yes Boss!

Kadey said:
Didn't have to preorder. I was planning to get the 360 version but other than achievements and DLC, I don't really care. Plus........peer pressure!!!

GTAIV.jpg

Don't worry Kadey. The game is very stingy with achievements. Given the sheer noise level of the 360 version I'm pretty sure I should've gone with the PS3 version since I've the choice. Either way, I'm really impressed with the game. First time I've played a GTA and level of detail in the world is f**king mind-blowing!

Wonderdog

No pics, but it's been a heavy volume month for me.

MGS Essential Collection
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for 360
Lost: Via Domus for 360
Assassin's Creed for 360
GTA IV Collector's Edition for 360
Cars/Open Season/Fuzion Frenzy 2 for 360
Jumper: Griffin's Story for 360
The Bee Movie Game for 360
Viking for 360
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for PS3
Dynasty Warriors 6 for PS3
River City Ransom ES for GBA
Jeanne d'Arc for PSP
Ouendan 2 for DS

CTLance

Android18a said:
-The IT Crowd Season 1 & 2 boxset. This is the funniest britcom since Red Dwarf.
Oh god. There's a boxset for that show? Must.... resist...

I mean, I already have season 1. Best DVD menue and subtitle options EVER.

From what I've seen Season two didn't quite retain the charm of season one, though. Can you comment on that?

A heavy buying month, due to all but P3 experiencing significant--and mostly temporary--price drops (Amazon). Of course, P3 FES was priced right to begin with.

Buck_April.jpg

BuckRobotron said:
A heavy buying month, due to all but P3 experiencing significant--and mostly temporary--price drops (Amazon). Of course, P3 FES was priced right to begin with.

Buck_April.jpg

Jeanne D'arc=Awesome game good pick up :D

Top Bottom