• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Khalid-S

img_0983b271a.JPG

img_10323693b.JPG

img_1033b1536.JPG

earlier this month i got:
DSCN2375.jpg

Orange Box, Tech N9ne - Psychumentary DVD, Crative Zen 4Gb, a 2nd pair of the best ear buds ive ever used

DSCN2343.jpg

clear cases for both my ATT 8525 and Creative Zen...highly recommended

and...

IMAGE_132.jpg

GTA CE, $10 gift card from gamestop for winning their gta trivia contest, ck one summer, DMC4 art book, and solid black Louisville hat that is probably my favorite hat ever

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
archnemesis said:
Is the extra warning a sticker or printed on the cover?

Yeah, it says Extremely Violent content! Should not to be purchased or used by anyone under 18.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
GodfatherX said:
earlier this month i got:
DSCN2375.jpg

Orange Box, Tech N9ne - Psychumentary DVD, Crative Zen 4Gb, a 2nd pair of the best ear buds ive ever used

DSCN2343.jpg

clear cases for both my ATT 8525 and Creative Zen...highly recommended

Man, I wish I would've found those cases before I got my Zen's screen scratched. Also, what earbuds are those?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
marwan said:

I'm actually getting the same black version on saturday, coming from a 6230 which I had since launch. It finally gave up. :lol

Anways, can't wait! How is this compared to the N95? I heard the phonepad can be anoying, and since I text and plan to use it for internet alot, that doesn't sound good. Can you tell me some about this? Thanks.

Also, will I be able to run that Metal Gear game on this?

marwan

Banned
Teetris said:
I'm actually getting the same black version on saturday, coming from a 6230 which I had since launch. It finally gave up. :lol

Anways, can't wait! How is this compared to the N95? I heard the phonepad can be anoying, and since I text and plan to use it for internet alot, that doesn't sound good. Can you tell me some about this? Thanks.

Also, will I be able to run that Metal Gear game on this?

it's excellent phone and very fastm and double the N95 internal ram. the keypad is slightly improved over the silver one, it's better, but nothing beats the N95 keypad. Honestly, i love it, but the N95-8GB(and the regular N95) are rocking my world. i only bought the N82 for travrl use since it's smaller/slimmer.

did you order your N82 already?

i browse the net and text "A LOT"!!!! browsing on the N95/and 8GB version is way more convenient. another thing that dissaponted me about the N82 is that the screen is not bright enough on the highest setting :( N95/and 8GB version are way more brighter and vivid.

Also emTube and Mobitubia(full youtube applications) on the N95s is a dreams! :)

http://www.symbian-freak.com/

http://www.mobitubia.com/

i know everything about those phones, so ask away(or PM me as to not to derail the topic)

also check out this site, excellent site/forum for mobiles:

http://forum2.mobile-review.com/

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
LRB1983 said:
Last purchase of the month:
http://i25.tinypic.com/33lj9tg.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/micv9u.jpg[IMG]
14 cm Son Goku Gashapon. ^^[/QUOTE]
Awesome figure and box.

Issun23

This was my birthday month. Which means lots of self-bought gifts. :D

f_aprilbuysm_847f977.jpg

Pictured:

Sony Bravia 32" LCD
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grand Theft Auto 4
Spider Man 3 Special Edition BD
Ghostrider BD
300 BD

bryehn

Great month. Lots of good stuff in here and I only counted 2-3 screw ups!

Here's what I never got around to posting earlier:

Persona 3: FES - I'm only still about 24% through the original. I have a feeling it'll be a while till I crack that wrapper.

08-04-30-fes.jpg

A few more 360 games I'll probably never get around to playing now. All from Goozex trading.

Beautiful Katamari - Yup, it's more of the same alright. Not bad though. Roll that shit into a giant ball! Will not get played because of GTA IV.

08-04-30-katamari.jpg

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam - I haven't really liked Dynasty Warriors since 3 and I'm not much of a Gundam fan at all, but this hybrid just feels right. It's pretty fun. Will not get played because of GTA IV.

Project Sylpheed - I love space sim type games, so I owe it to myself to at least check this out a bit, but this will not get played because of GTA IV.

08-04-30-sylpheed.jpg

Got some more hardware to post:

Logitech Driving Force EX (PS2/PS3) - Went with the cheapest (but good) one I could find. I've never owned a racing wheel before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

08-04-30-wheel.jpg

Behringer V-amp 2 - Bought this with the guitar, but finally got around to messing with it. It's the small apartment dwelling home recording maker's dream (well mine at least). Great guitar sounds and works fantastically with Mics too.

08-04-30-vamp1.jpg

08-04-30-vamp2.jpg

And finally, Family Guy Volume 3 (Season 4) - These things are $20 at Wal-Mart now, so expect to see the rest posted in a couple days.

08-04-30-famguy.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
marwan said:

Thanks, I'll check em out. I have alot of catching up to do since I haven't been as much as a phone freak since the 6230. Will probably PM you too sometime later too. I already ordered mine, actually had to choose between this and the new N95, but I like the look of N82 better. I still have my laptop though, so no biggie. :lol

Anyways, for anyone that didn't see the inside of the sole reason I bought GTA SE. Here it is. Not a very good pic though.

feqx38.jpg

I bring this bag everywhere with me! :D

Vorador

Banned
Last pickup of the month.

30042008097.jpg

Tales of Legendia USA
Baroque USA
Steambot Chronicles PAL, bought sealed.

Still missing Mana Khemia and Persona 3: FES...

chemicals

am I the only person who thinks the drawing of the chick and the lollipop is horrible? Some of you mentioned purchasing the PS3 version of the game specifically for this horrible picture. It looks like something a 4th grader would draw.

vantastic

chemicals said:
am I the only person who thinks the drawing of the chick and the lollipop is horrible? Some of you mentioned purchasing the PS3 version of the game specifically for this horrible picture. It looks like something a 4th grader would draw.
ok.

marwan

Banned
Teetris said:
Thanks, I'll check em out. I have alot of catching up to do since I haven't been as much as a phone freak since the 6230. Will probably PM you too sometime later too. I already ordered mine, actually had to choose between this and the new N95, but I like the look of N82 better. I still have my laptop though, so no biggie. :lol

Anyways, for anyone that didn't see the inside of the sole reason I bought GTA SE. Here it is. Not a very good pic though.

feqx38.jpg

I bring this bag everywhere with me! :D

which MGS are you referring to? the java based version? OS it there a symbian version that i have never heard off?

indeed the N82 is a great looking, but in terms of use, the N95 and the 8GB version are my top choices followed by the N82. watching movies or youtube on the N95s is a bliss :) and the new N95 8GB version just came out with a new firmware which enables accelerometer rotation on any screen in the phone :)

did you see the Nokia N96? it should be out here next month, 16GB built in memory + a memory card slot for extra expandability :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n96-2253.php

nokia_n96_00.jpg

nokia_n96_02.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'm talking about Metal Gear Solid Mobile, but it's only on Verizon now I think. Ah well.

And yes, I saw the N96, though I can't wait a month (probably 2-3 months over here). Looks slick though, N95 should have been that. Watching TV on that could be awesome.

YO-Q

chemicals said:

really a 4th grader? cmon.

ya it's only you, you don't appreciate different styles of art.

you fail

HoTHiTTeR

i've just recently realized that most publishers are putting inside cover art on PS3 titles because of the case being see-through. What's on the inside of the PS3's cover? Slide it out and take a pic! :D
x2y said:

So I quit my job last friday.

This is a shitty cel phone pic with all the loot my coworkers gave me as farewell gifts. Some of 'em are joke gifts, but some of 'em...

work-loot.jpg

Can you spot my favorite gift out of the pile? :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
HoTHiTTeR said:
i've just recently realized that most publishers are putting inside cover art on PS3 titles because of the case being see-through. What's on the inside of the PS3's cover? Slide it out and take a pic! :D

Sigh, nothing, mostly Sony first party puts some pic in the inside of the blu-ray case.

alexel

Android18a said:
april08g.jpg

-Eureka Seven Volume 10 (eps 46-50). Longest anime series I've ever bought every volume of... most of them cap at 6 volumes these days.

-SG-1: Ark of Truth. Kinda silly at times, but as good as Stargate gets in these post season-8 times. Not a huge fan of the Ori storyline, though, looking forward to blu-ray Continuum.

-The IT Crowd Season 1 & 2 boxset. This is the funniest britcom since Red Dwarf.

EUREKA SEVEN, SO GOOD.

X

x2y

Unconfirmed Member
HoTHiTTeR said:
Nothing in GTA4 or COD4... Uncharted, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank do I believe.

w7l8o.jpg

Top Bottom