• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Gagaman

This week's car boot sale horde. Quite a lot of stuff and it all came to around £25 in total.

2z8pvtg.jpg

I don't actually have a way to play Master System games yet because I;'m hunting down a Master Converter 2 for my Multi mega so I don't need to own the console itself, but I started collecting games for it this weekend.

k4gv9s.jpg
[/IMG]

The 32X has no cables and is pretty messed up, but the things are stupidly hard to find now and it was only £2. The Clone wars DVD has the 2nd volume's disc inside it as well. Sonic 2 Game Gear is sealed, so that's probably going up on ebay..

zm0687.jpg

This was the sweetest thing I got this morning though. A brand new Sega Saturn Hori stick for £3. Haven't tried it yet but it has a far better quality build to it than my other Saturn arcade stick.

2vwyyyh.jpg

Meanwhile on Ebay I got these two neo geo Pocket games rather cheap, and er..

(You really can't tell what they are from the photo but..)
a0wavt.jpg

Hang on, Final fantasy 7 key chains? I didn't order these! I ordered Shenmue-like Sega keychains! Bah, Gonna have to send them back.

Echoes

pmdex1.jpg

pmdex2.jpg

lotrtt1.jpg

The Explorer's Guide is pretty neat. Got it from Amazon, it came with all the pre-orders I think. It features many helpful tips, couple of interviews, stickers and a cute manga\comic.

bryehn

Mario Kart Wii, with bonus crappy Wii wheel knockoff. Does the trick though. Rogers Video Ontario in case you're wondering.

08-04-27-mkwii.jpg

User2k

giggas said:
pickups013.jpg

My first dog I ever had in my life. We're the 4th family he's been with and he's only 8 months old. Poor little guy, but as a result I needed to figure out a way to keep him away from controllers/remotes...

pickups009.jpg

Saw this at AC Moore and thought it was perfect.

Holy crap, I thought you put the dog in the chest for a second there :lol

Yes Boss! said:
No PS3? Awesome setup and I can't wait to get the Balance Board under my TV! Did you guys get We Ski released in Pal-land as well?

I'll buy a PS3 when I'm finished with my backlog and gots the monies :\

I'm prioritizing a new sound system before that as well, as I'm using my old Logitech Z-540s PC system now, and it's not even Dolby Digital compatible.

maskrider said:
- Coded Soul (still don't have a PSP, heh!)
- 250G SATA drive for my PS3

apr2008-1.jpg
does coded soul have english text? my fear is that it will never see american shores, i cant seem to find information from Sony about a release date.

maskrider

battleMAUS said:
does coded soul have english text? my fear is that it will never see american shores, i cant seem to find information from Sony about a release date.

Not sure about that, I don't have a PSP to check yet, but I think the chance is slim, since the first release of Japanese Folks Soul didn't.

Otheradam

04-27-08_DSC_4349.jpg

MGS Saga, Suikoden V, Yakuza, Tales of the Abyss

04-27-08_tv.jpg

32" Samsung Series 450 LCD TV

hasselblad.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M medium format camera. Any photographers on GAF? :D

Rlan

Gagaman said:
This week's car boot sale horde. Quite a lot of stuff and it all came to around £25 in total.

2z8pvtg.jpg

I don't actually have a way to play Master System games yet because I;'m hunting down a Master Converter 2 for my Multi mega so I don't need to own the console itself, but I started collecting games for it this weekend.

k4gv9s.jpg
[/IMG]

The 32X has no cables and is pretty messed up, but the things are stupidly hard to find now and it was only £2. The Clone wars DVD has the 2nd volume's disc inside it as well. Sonic 2 Game Gear is sealed, so that's probably going up on ebay..

Sonic 2 GG isn't worth much of anything. There are hundreds of the damn things on Ebay, along with Sonic Drift 2 :)

Super Fantasy Zone and Zero Wing are probably worth much more.

32X is cool. Usually the things come with some metal plates, but I'm not sure if they're necessary. The most annoying piece is a Male to Male Connector to go between the 32X and Megadrive, THEY are the bitch to get.

ckeur

giggas said:
Never took part in these threads before, and I got a little more than my usual this month so I figured I'd share.

pickups003.jpg

Mario Kart rocks. Vice: Project Doom, Journey to Silius, Secret of Evermore, Cybernator, Stranger's Wrath, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, T2 BD, and I forgot to include the MGS preorder disc.

Looks like someone has been in the under appreciated game thread.

2zdvr42.jpg

2hfp061.jpg

A lot of this stuff I traded for on Goozex, got from Gamestop with 25% off used coupon specials, or got from Blockbuster with trade credit I'd built up by flipping games from Gamestop to them. They're a little slow lowering their 360/PS3 trade values sometimes :)

The Mana Khemia stuff I got specifically to sell, but have been too lazy to list yet. One of the figure boxes arrived damaged so they sent me two more. Why two, I dunno.

I'm really itching to play The House of the Dead 2 & 3 (especially since I'd been waiting for the Perfect Shot to come in stock somewhere for a while), but I need to get a replacement Wii (again) from Nintendo. I've spent more time trying to get the two I've had to read discs than playing them. :p

Anyway, all this should keep me occupied for... many months. No more game buying except for stuff that's important enough to preorder.

(Hannah Montana DS is bribe material for when I need to get my niece off the school bus :p)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Alex Anderson said:
2zdvr42.jpg

The Mana Khemia stuff I got specifically to sell, but have been too lazy to list yet. One of the figure boxes arrived damaged so they sent me two more. Why two, I dunno.
Hey, I'd be interested in an extra figure if you wanna sell just the figure. My fiancee is a HUGE fan of the Atelier games, but I missed out on getting her an LE :(

lupin23rd

Some stuff I picked up before being in Korea for the last few days:

pre_korea_pickups.jpg

Donpachi (Saturn)
No More Heroes (Wii)
2 x Super Famicom Wii Classic Controllers

And one pickup today just in some used bookstore at my station (for 2000 yen!):

mushihime_sama.jpg

Mushihime-sama (PS2)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SFC Wii Classic Controller :(

I wish I got my hands on one... I'll prob try to get one later on down the road ;)

Couple of pick-ups I got on the way to the Big Sur Marathon (I ran the 5k, 2 of my friends did the marathon).

IMG_1039.jpg

Comparison pic:
IMG_1040.jpg

I'll probably pick up MKWii after work today...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
DTJAAAAM said:
I picked up the following items at the Jet City Retro event in Seattle:

jetcitret12.jpg

nice i still have mine. They were awesome back in the day and if you got a Tv tuner with it. Best car rides ever!

Otheradam: Where did you pick up the Hass? I'm looking at investing in one in the near future, just want to know what the current prices look like. Any lens pick ups?

Gagaman

Rlan said:
Sonic 2 GG isn't worth much of anything. There are hundreds of the damn things on Ebay, along with Sonic Drift 2 :)

Super Fantasy Zone and Zero Wing are probably worth much more.

32X is cool. Usually the things come with some metal plates, but I'm not sure if they're necessary. The most annoying piece is a Male to Male Connector to go between the 32X and Megadrive, THEY are the bitch to get.

Ah, nevermind about Sonic 2 GG, it only cost me about a quid so I could easily make that back at least. I have a Japanese copy of Zero Wing as well so I'm deciding which one to sell off. It's fancy colour manual vs THAT Translation.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Alex Anderson said:
It seems like there's some endless supply of PS1 games I've never heard of. (Kingsley's Adventure)

You're not missing anything. I bought it last year having never heard of it. Doesn't hold up well. Slideshow framerate, ungodly jaggies, poor controls (might have been not analog compatible, can't remember)

giggas

ckeur said:
Looks like someone has been in the under appreciated game thread.

No but I probably should be! I've heard Stranger was great for a long time, and Best Buy had it new for 10 bucks, and I had a 5 dollar coupon that was going to expire. As for Ghoulies, I hear it's awful, but I have been curious about it since it came out and Gamestop had it in their used bin for 5 dollars so I figured I'd give it a shot (still haven't played it yet though). I heard about Silius recently and couldn't believe I skipped it back then, it's great. I heard good things about Vice as well, though I'm slightly dissapointed by it. And Evermore and Cybernator I have been meaning to add to my collection for ages now. I just finally decided to get them. :D

LRB1983

Banned
72evth.jpg

2yyp26a.jpg

I'm waiting for 2 purchases before the end of the month (one from US and another from France). I don't know if it'll arrive in time XD.

Vorador

Banned
24042008096.jpg

I'm still waiting a shitload of things, traveling around the world (Persona 3 FES, Tales of Legendia, Baroque and Mana Khemia).

Tiduz said:
Laptop mouse gave me cramps, so got:

anlvgg.jpg

Ohhhh man, Good luck with that.. I had that mouse for 2 days before I returned it. The thing is soo crappy. The signal cuts out like every 5mins and your pointer doesnt do shit until you shake the damn mouse.

Seemed to always happen in the middle of firefights in TF2 :lol

Go buy yourself a G9 mouse...
g9_1.jpg

Top Bottom