• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Often imitated... Never duplicated....

The third monthly thread where I've been late posting it. I'm sorry...

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

350tfuq.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Sorry I'm late with this thread guys! AGAIN. I was at EVO, just got home...

Here's what I got in JULY!!

267264_10150252492918883_507353882_7672785_3968165_n.jpg

LiK

hey MM, i saw you get that award live. congrats.

a few new pick-ups.

ME2 lithos.
072911185437.jpg

SDCC Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV
072711175359.jpg

072711175713.jpg

Tuck

Got this yesterday (de Blob 2). I guess that is technically July, but whatever.

lk5o8.jpg

So far, not bad. First level was slow, and the game treats me like an idiot, but the game is fun.

daffy

Banned
Bought more games than usual this month. Some summer games before Xenoblade.

6000211284_405e0ee61d.jpg

Got these two for $50 combined. Tactics Ogre & Siren New Translation.

5999671999_f9d1b597a1.jpg

Zelda was a gift, so I bought another copy of Ys for their birthday. :)

JEKKI

I got back from Evo!!

and I cant post in the Evo thread coz it got closed!!!

I picked up a lot of good food and gambling losses!! ^_^v

Gav47

24FrameDaVinci said:
Where and how much?
Really, you couldn't google that

Just joking, I too would like to know where you got the poster from (crosses fingers for somewhere that delivers to Europe)

Edit: Hmm out of stock, but the Chell litho is back as a print which is a good sign.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
16j4jmx.jpg

Bought 3 games

Fallout New Vegas - Free ($9.99 from Best Buy deal, used $10 Reward Zone points)
Shaun White Skateboarding - 4.99 ($9.99 from Best Buy Deal, used $5 Reward Zone points)
Brink - $20 (Amazon Deal of the Day + Wario64 BOMBA! thread

25f2h5e.jpg

A new shop opened up called Famous Footwear, not even 2 days old, they had a clearance already o_O?

2w5m0es.jpg

DC Low-Tops, $15, deal was going on for BOG1/2O

wthy4g.jpg

Converse Mid-Tops....I got them for Fucking $2.50 LOL, they were really $5, due to the Buy 1 get 1/2 off 2nd pair

9V7uv.jpg

New boots
ONM and Edge
Sound of the Sky
Birdy The Mighty Decode vol 1
Limitless bluray
Tangled bluray

:) Quite a haul over the last couple of days :D

GraveRobberX said:
16j4jmx.jpg

Bought 3 games

Fallout New Vegas - Free ($9.99 from Best Buy deal, used $10 Reward Zone points)
Shaun White Skateboarding - 4.99 ($9.99 from Best Buy Deal, used $5 Reward Zone points)
Brink - $20 (Amazon Deal of the Day + Wario64 BOMBA! thread

25f2h5e.jpg

A new shop opened up called Famous Footwear, not even 2 days old, they had a clearance already o_O?

2w5m0es.jpg

DC Low-Tops, $15, deal was going on for BOG1/2O

wthy4g.jpg

Converse Mid-Tops....I got them for Fucking $2.50 LOL, they were really $5, due to the Buy 1 get 1/2 off 2nd pair
I would have snagged up a few pairs of the DC's $15 or $11.75 a pair is a steal even though they aren't that expensive to start I usually buy 2 pairs at a time due to the variety. Although a little heavy they are very comfortable for day to day use

Rikkun

I finally got back my camera, so I'll post the July pickups :p

zkD40.jpg

Draque IV, around 5€ at Gamestop
Three superbustacrappy GB games, 1€ each
Adwance Wars 1&2, Shining Soul and Golden Sun the Lost Age, around 15€ for all of them (not a great price but nothing can beat the feeling of coming home from the supermarket with a load of games in your hands :D )

Aqnqc.jpg

Demon's Souls 20€ at Gamestop
Big Beach Sports and De Blob were bundled, 7.50€ at Blockbuster
Flingsmash 30€ with the black wiimote, brand new always at BB
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was 10€ at Gamestop, impulse buy after watching the last movie :p
Onechambara was new, 10€. When I tried it I realized it's just a port of the Wii version I already possess and played..
Beatles RB was 5€ new, really enjoyed it.

46SK1.jpg

This finally arrived this morning

7d8l8.jpg

A friend working at Gamestop gave me this, my old PSOne suddenly disappeared some years ago... 007 TND was a better game 13 years ago, I'm sure.

eBmOp.jpg

I bought Mario's Picross from 3DS VC and after 25 hours and after launching it 31 times (the most launched game on my 3DS and the second most time-consuming it seems..)

ZdHRF.jpg

I completed it! Take this Backloggery :D

Eteric Rice said:
Where'd you get these?

On eBay and a few other online retailers. Been on a Japanese robot toy binge since I found that uber valuable one last month. It's a super expensive hobby but these 3" guys are great start as they aren't too expensive.

Gameboy415

Rikkun said:
eBmOp.jpg

I bought Mario's Picross from 3DS VC and after 25 hours and after launching it 31 times (the most launched game on my 3DS and the second most time-consuming it seems..)

Mario's Picross is out on 3DS VC in Europe and there's a new Picross on the eShop in Japan?!?

THROW US A BONE, NOA! *rage*

Royal Mail finally brought my copy of Catherine this morning.

2u6dbit.jpg

And a lithograph from Alice: Madness Returns. This one turned up a couple of weeks ago, gonna have to get a custom frame for it.

2qd0rx2.jpg

Pringler

Kind of a big month:

mba.jpg

13" Macbook Air, standard configuration. My best Mac ever. Got rid of my 13" MBP, love the higher res screen! And it is completely silent. YAAAY!

And the grand prize this moth:

benz1.JPG

Mercedes Benz E200 Elegance. Will be picking it up on Friday. Cannot wait!

Lenovo Thinkpad x120e 11.2" (AMD Fusion E-350 Dual-Core 1.60GHz, 4GB Ram, 96GB SSD)

This laptop was $460 and believe it or not, it runs Portal 2 on medium settings around 25fps. Also ran Crysis 2 on "Gamer" settings at 20-23 fps. Not bad for an ultraportable. I like it so much I ordered its "cousin," the S205 on the Ideapad line, Slimmer, lighter, no track knub). This is a great laptop if you don't need/want OSX. Now I am officially all PC after I owned an iMac and Macbooks since 2006.

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

And an 96GB SSD that was on sale at Amazon for $120 (with $10 rebate).
100_0463.jpg

eXistor

This bad boy just arrived:

2qcqg5e.jpg

34pgn4m.jpg

No. 636

The pics don't really show the size well, but it's pretty big, about 15" (38 CM)

hipgnosis

CaseyTappy said:
New Month .

Futari 1.5 FK ................ yes !

DSCF4636.jpg
Oh man, so jelly! What an awesome game.

Here's my new DS stuff:

SSOBb.jpg

My first Pokemon game! Loving it so much. MM Zero Collection is really awesome as well, I think I'm enjoying this series more than the X series.

Phat Michael said:
nice man - i got the exact same one :)

tomorrow night i pick up 2 Cave PCBs as well so will post pics :)

Wow , cant wait to see them .

I just bought an empty old style box cheap and still had an fresh Ketsui Instoset and some flyers , looking for the PCB next month so it's still missing the main ingredient :

DSCF4639.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jealous of all Catherines' I see :(

Tomorrow hopefully...

neos

Azure Phoenix said:
And a lithograph from Alice: Madness Returns. This one turned up a couple of weeks ago, gonna have to get a custom frame for it.

2qd0rx2.jpg
I'm waiting for a friend of mine to finish the game so i can finally play it, i already love the art.
Where\how much for that (awesome) lith? Are there other subjects available?

Pick-up EVO 2011 Edition:

Evil Ryu Kidrobot & gold TE stick
uePB5l.jpg

HRAP Signed stick by Ono (SF) Harada (Tekken) Niitsuma (MvC) and Daishi (Soul Calibur)
I call it the "Producer's Choice"
9mxsQl.jpg

Shirts:
9ZyGQl.jpg

Giveaway at the Tekken EVO Panel
yc6mDl.jpg

Eo6Kil.jpg

6qGqal.jpg

Spwn

scaledphptn0server741filenametwucf.jpg

Flight of the Conchords Season 2
Hellsing Ultimate Series Collection
Full Metal Alchemist Complete Collection

Will add more pics throughout the month in this post.

Top Bottom