• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

-PXG-

Gears 3 swag

lFFTP.jpg

-PXG-

_dementia said:
Neato. Did Epic get you that as thanks for the hype threads/upcoming OT?
You really deserve it. I can't wait for the game myself.

Nope. Bought it with my own cash money.

I hope Epic hooks me up, but I'm not expecting or asking for anything. Would be nice though.

xonnTl.jpg

After watching No Reservations for the longest time I finally decided to get Kitchen Confidential, can't wait to start reading it. The CD is SBTRKT, one of the most surprising and great albums of 2011 for me.

XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat (XFX promo).
18hv2s.jpg

And a little something that also came with the card (AMD promo). :)

359zehe.jpg

retracell

Neo Member
bkw said:
Just goggled what an LED cube is. Wow, that's neat. Are you going to make an 8x8x8 one? I think I have an Arduino lying around somewhere. I should give it a shot if the cost of parts aren't too crazy (for a decorative cube).

8x8x8 is too much for me at the moment. I'm just getting started with electronics so I don't wanna make it huge yet. 4x4x4 is what I'm aiming at and hopefully expand on it.

I think the costs have been a few measly dollars for LEDs and resistors. I had solder lying around for a while.

Gameboy415

Got some cool stuff this month, most of which was extremely cheap! :D

1108Nintendo1.jpg

-I got all of these games @ Chicago Comic-Con.
I was extremely happy to find Jurassic Park, Yoshi, Dr. Mario, and Marble Madness in such good shape for decent prices (~$10 each)!

1108Games1.jpg

-All of these games were on clearance @ Toys R Us (Cubic Ninja was $19.99).
I had no idea Prince of Persia on DS was a sequel to the 2008 PoP game!

1108Sony1.jpg

-The PS2 games were on clearance @ Toys R Us, AC:B was $25, I got the PSP games using an Amazon Gift Card I got from work, and found Kagero for $20 @ the Flea Market.

1108Games2.jpg

-The PS2 games were buy 2 get 2 @ Gamestop and Pac-Man/Galaga was only $25 @ Target last week.

1108Movies1.jpg

-Some Blu-Rays and DVDs I wanted, all of which I got on for less than $15 each.
Wicked and Bucky O'Hare are bootlegs I picked up at Comic-Con, both of which I regret buying. Wicked isn't the original cast and often has heads blocking the stage and disc 1 of Bucky O'Hare doesn't work. :(

1108Misc2.jpg

-The Pokemon folio was randomly on clearance @ Target.
I heard Archer was good and grabbed it for $10 - great show!
Bambi II is for the Disney Blu-Ray collection.

1108Books1.jpg

-Some cool/useful books and Pogs all for under $5 @ Goodwill. :)

1108Misc1.jpg

-The plush and comics are from Comic-Con, the giant e-card is from Club Nintendo, and the Surge Protector is from Amazon.
It has a 25-foot cord and now I can finally connect my bedroom TV to an outlet that isn't controlled by my light switch, haha.

Plus I got $225 in gift cards for putting in extra hours at work (Target, Amazon, & Pizza Hut). :)

Acrylic7

yay some cheap as hell art books. $5 a pop. crazy thrift store

DSC00543.jpg

the episode 1 book was $12

DSC00545.jpg

pulp fiction screenplay was $3.50

DSC00547.jpg

Zing

Banned
Kyon said:
everyone has touchpads :( i cant find any im jelly

HP is producing another run of them to "satisfy demand". I'm not sure what the point of intentionally selling a few thousand more at a loss is, but more power to them.

Tuck said:
Got the Magic Mouse a while ago because my mouse broke. But it wasn't comfortable. So I got a rest for it. Seems to be doing its job, though its a little uncomfortable in one spot.

UGrgF.jpg
Explain this rest add-on... Since i have a love hate relation ship with the mouse... it is the worst for indesign and illustrator.

IMG_0095.jpg

SSFIV (I bought the Arcade Edition off PSN), GTA: Episodes from Liberty City and the Deus Ex: Human Revolution 'Augmented Edition'.

IMG_0098.png

All of those for just under £5. Can't argue with that.

Linkhero1

Gameboy415 said:
Got some cool stuff this month, most of which was extremely cheap! :D

1108Nintendo1.jpg

-I got all of these games @ Chicago Comic-Con.
I was extremely happy to find Jurassic Park, Yoshi, Dr. Mario, and Marble Madness in such good shape for decent prices (~$10 each)!
Nice pickups. I just started collecting NES games. I'll take pics of what I get as soon as they come :D

TxdoHawk

grap3fruitman said:

Fuck yeah man! I know a lot of people pooh-pooh this lens, but for those of us who don't bleed disposable income it's a hell of a nice prime for the price.

Zing said:
HP is producing another run of them to "satisfy demand". I'm not sure what the point of intentionally selling a few thousand more at a loss is, but more power to them.

Insane strategy!

- Flood the market on HP's dime.

- Announce that HP's re-establishment of webOS support is a go once everyone and their mother has a Touchpad.

- Attract developer support with the giant userbase.

- Next year, release the Touchpad 2 at an actual price point worth considering. HP cleans up thanks to loyalty!

No, I don't think HP is actually this clever/insane

_dementia said:
How's the Pokemon art book, Gameboy415?

Unless I'm missing something are you talking about the little rectangular Black and White art pack thing from Target? If he doesn't get back soon I'll pull mine out and take a pic. It's actually a collection of post card size images.

Actually, saw this on Youtube, here's what it looks like. Here.

zmet

Sunsoft Music Collection Vol. 1
ag7.jpg

Three CD set containing the game soundtracks from the following Sunsoft Famicom, Famicom Disk System, and Super Famicom games: Super Arabian, Route-16 Turbo, Atlantis no Nazo, The Wing of Madoola, Super Boy Allan, Deae Tonosama Appare Ichiban, and Shounen Ninja Sasuke. Hopefully volume two (Oct 2011 release date) will contain more recognizable titles... but so far, the titles here sound pretty good.

Taito Retro Game Music Collection 2 Action Cluster
ag8.jpg

Two CD set containing music from the arcade games: The Legend of Kage, The Ninja Warriors, Rastan (Rastan Saga), Nastar Warrior (Rastan Saga II), Warrior Blade: Rastan Saga Episode III, Dungeon Magic (Light Bringer).

daffy

Banned
6100033561_ddbd36cbe6_z.jpg

Highly disappointing movie. End of the series though! so I'm glad I watched it, but I'm not glad I watched it. The peanut butter is like oral sex .

Gameboy415

JEKKI said:
whooo~!!!

I will play you for keeps!!!

You're on! haha

The craziest thing about the Pog set I picked up?

It was released in 2006. :O

VGChampion said:
Unless I'm missing something are you talking about the little rectangular Black and White art pack thing from Target? If he doesn't get back soon I'll pull mine out and take a pic. It's actually a collection of post card size images.

Actually, saw this on Youtube, here's what it looks like. Here.

Yep, it's the art folio in that video.
I believe it was a pre-order bonus for Pokemon B&W (similar to the one Gamestop had for Metroid: Other M) that is randomly now showing up as a clearance item at my local Targets.

omgkitty

FTH said:
Highly disappointing movie. End of the series though! so I'm glad I watched it, but I'm not glad I watched it.

I thought it was better than the first movie, but both were disappointing compared to the series. The series was so good, and then they got kind of lazy and just wrapped it up in a completely different manner.

Top Bottom