• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Mecha_Infantry said:
To be perfectly honest it isn't.

The best thing about it is only the UI which is of huge importance. But functionality coming from Nokia and Sony Ericsson in my opinion have better as phones. Sure you won't get the "WOOOOO" factor if you were to pull it out in on a train or something, but for personal sanctification; they are great

I think what changes the game more is not the UI but the App Store. For e.g. I get free/paid apps that allow me to do everything from learning a new language, find good places to eat around me, travel guides, facebook app, photobucket app, games, etc., all seamlessly. Can you do all these on other phones too?

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
nny said:
...it was the adapter )

DSC03883.jpg

That's pretty much the best adapter you can get. I used to have one, but I decided to 50/60Hz mod my system and get rid of it.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
I don't wanna bother digging my camera out of mothballs (since I never use it) but I picked up Rogue Galaxy, Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts : From the New World, and Star Ocean : Until The End of Time for $53 used from gamestop. :)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Late pickup. Finally bought SC4, and found Sega Superstars tennis new for what would be 19 of your dollars, so as a Sega fan, i couldnt resist. :lol

marwan

Banned
memecomplex said:
Hey Marwan what do you think of the new iPhone?
I'd like to hear the opinions of a Mobile Phone connoisseur such as yourself. I think it's game changing. Pity about the 2MP camera.

honestly, besides the great UI, it all ends there! the phone has so many retarded limitation and lack of functionality it's laughable!

I can't believe the Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP and it's an iPod lol(stereo music streaming), Bluetooth file transfer, no Multimedia messaging (MMS it's big all over the world), and the 2MP is a joke, though it shots some decent pictures in well lit areas. the phone is fast and i love it's nimbleness in terms of ease of use, but it's too restricted unless Apple allows you too), but it's too limited and i'm sticking to my Nokia N95(that what the iPhone could only dream off) and playing around with the Samsung Omnia, and soon i'll get my hands on the HTC Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.1)

if you want a real phone, avoid the iPhone! it's that's plain and simple! Get a Nokia N95(or the 8GB version, all Symbian OS phones(the Nokia's have a UI that a 3 year old can use)), they're both extremely capable, have tons of software, 5mEGAPIXEL CAMERAS THAT RIVAL Digital Cameras and on top of all of that they record video in VGA resolution649x480 @ 30fps) at DVD quality.

hope his helps! :)

i'm leaving the office now, ask away and i'll reply once i get home!

Cronen

I'm actually moving across country next week to go to university, and going to be living in a house with 3 of my friends. Great chance to actually take pictures of my new stuff, as well as a whole new house.

By that time it'll be the 'NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post', and I'll have stuff dating back to June, but still.... >_>

zoku88

That;s actually strange. Usually Markman makes the thread for the new month like... on Hong Kong time or something but today he's late. It's already Sept 1st pretty much everywhere :lol :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

marwan

Banned
sorry, i did say august so i figured it't the new one. anyhoq, i moved my post to the new august haul.

specifying a year would certainly help.

evanylee

SnowWolf said:
I finally finished my photobook for my recent vacation and got it printed. Came in the mail today! Overall I'm pretty happy with it, just ordered another one for my family.

easfv8.jpg

Front cover. I created a 10x8 hardcover book with a dust jacket.

ay377s.jpg

My book totaled at 170 pages. Thickness comparison with the pathetically thin latest EGM issue.

24kzaye.jpg

I had pretty simple layouts for my pages. I wanted to display big photos, so there's not too much variation you can have in terms of page design when the photos take up so much space.

2u7lgn7.jpg

34zap2b.jpg

28ibuyt.jpg

vpwx34.jpg

2s6lxr5.jpg

Anyway, you get the idea. Here's a few more photos for the curious

http://i35.tinypic.com/jzxch.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/f21stf.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2m2b1uu.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/ek5o3n.jpg

It's absolutely beautiful! Where did you get it made?

Ecto311

Bii said:
If I remember correctly, he made it at http://blurb.com

Yeah because that post inspired me and my wife to make a similar book of our wedding last year for last xmas. it worked out awesome.

The site now lets you use your own PDF layouts instead of their some what limited software.

evanylee

Kadey said:
People have their own way to be happy. Let the man do his own thing. Just stay away from my nieces. :D

Oh, lunch. Monte Crisco. I never knew you had to eat it with syrup. I also had one of those Kobe steaks and they are overrated.

9unkgk.jpg

This, my friends, is God's gift to Men

marwan

Banned
dammit, same mistake again....they should label those thread yearly at least!

anyways, i posted in the 2009 post.

happy?

Thundercats Ho!
zvjmv.jpg

8" classic line
2r77q03.jpg

6" line
2cghr7k.jpg

Giant Lion-o, sword of omens and LotR complete extended blu-ray boxset
2wokoyp.jpg

4" line
2aalclf.jpg

Not shown: 4" deluxe Mumm-ra and Thundercats poster and t-shirt.

Top Bottom