• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Finally. 5 hours in so far. Amazing game. BN really put a ton of effort into this one.

2hecw9e.jpg

3520w9c.jpg

marwan

Banned
gallyer said:
Yes. Because as the OP says three times, "No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images...."

You get that ? Nobody cares about stock photos.

fine, understood, i just got it , no time for impression, but here is the box, im off to bed now, I'll post and im impression tomorrow:

omnia.jpg

It was a really good month. Monday will close this month with Too Human. Until then I can play:

buy.jpg

I'm really really excited about this one. Hader's an Austrian Comedian and I absolutely love his shows. My gf and I will be there.

hader_muss_weg.jpg

And as my gf is currently in Vienna and will come here this night with the night train, I prepared an apple pie for tomorrow's breakfast

applepie.jpg

bad-joey said:
Did you buy the whole Platinum line ;-) Good games, enjoy.

No, I already had Resistance. But with the 20€/game deal at play.com I couldn't resist and had to get those games I skipped when they came out.

Haven't tried HS and MS yet.

Gagaman

2q03x3t.jpg

Recent boot sale hordes (except Morph and Alfred Chicken, those were from Ebay)

2i9nztv.jpg

Another CD32? Yeah, the one I found at a boot sale wouldn't play both sides of the audio, so I bought this set on Ebay, was a good deal considering it came with six games and a quality mega drive style controller thats far better than the official one.

acfztl.jpg

Technically not a "pick up", but I spent money on it to get it repaired. The disc spinning motor was bust for ages and i finally found someone who could fix it for me as I wouldn't have a clue how to sort it out. Rather that than pay out for a new one. I love this little system. :D

nny

atomico said:
launch games came in saturn/sega cd type-boxes :

http://i33.tinypic.com/iz7pk1.jpg[IMG]

afterwards, they switched to an all-cardboard variant, briefly, (like wipeout, above), and later, we got the the kind Track & Field has, which had a plastic "frame" [/QUOTE]

Ah, interesting, thank you; I had no idea of these early versions.

JEKKI

Ike said:
mpmci.jpg

New shirt I just bought off of shirt.woot last week came in the mail.
I ordered a shirt off woot damn near 2 weeks ago...

per the tracking, it arrived in Los Angles on the 21st with estimated delivery on the 25th...

come the 28th, it's in West Virginia now... wtf?!?!?!?!

milkham

marwan said:
fine, understood, i just got it , no time for impression, but here is the box, im off to bed now, I'll post and im impression tomorrow:

omnia.jpg

I saw some impressions on this from gizmodo and/or engadget and they didn't seem to like it

milkham

Variable said:
Knowing those sites, they probably did not like the fact that it was not made by Apple.

har har

http://gizmodo.com/5043789/samsung-omnia-isnt-going-to-kill-ianything

"In fact, it sucks. It has a poorly designed interface, lousy response time, buggy software, and it felt cheap and fat on my hand...The side bar widgets, which need to be dragged and dropped onto the screen to make them appear as tiny little programs, is an atrocious, gimmicky interface design. Wastes space and requires a motion that is simply not needed."

engadetmobile was more positive
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/08/18/samsung-omnia-review/

oneHeero

My first reply in one of these threads!
Picture112.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Had to support Incognito with the great job they are doing in providing support for Warhawk! And got some great pickups @ Gamestop, they had such a huge amount of Ps2 games, double and triple copies of games.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
oneHeero said:
My first reply in one of these threads!
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh12/oneheero/Picture112.jp
[IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh12/oneheero/Picture111.jpg

Had to support Incognito with the great job they are doing in providing support for Warhawk! And got some great pickups @ Gamestop, they had such a huge amount of Ps2 games, double and triple copies of games.[/QUOTE]

Disgaea 3 ! thinking about getting that next month, good pickup :D

Struct09

Blu_LED said:
Oh God they should fucking sell those!

Where they just giving them out?

Not sure if they're going to sell them, but they were tossing them out at the live show. I was the first one to catch one.

GROMaudio_install02.jpg

Not my picture but not a stock photo either. It's an August purchase when it eventually comes in the mail. I'm gonna install this thing myself (looks easy enough but hopefully I don't mess up) . Pictures will be posted (probably in September's thread)

- I have a suggestion to spice up the thread. It's probably hard logistically but maybe have like a Swag of the month award. I'm thinking of something along the lines of "most purchased" and "most unique cool purchase".

marwan

Banned
Variable said:
Knowing those sites, they probably did not like the fact that it was not made by Apple.

im using the 3G iphone for 24 hours now, and it' the most boring phone ever! he only good thing is the User Interface!

luckily i got both as gift, and iPhones here go for $1500 each. So i would make killer profit! :)

marwan said:
when one isn't enough!

31082008142.jpg

Hey Marwan what do you think of the new iPhone?
I'd like to hear the opinions of a Mobile Phone connoisseur such as yourself. I think it's game changing. Pity about the 2MP camera.

memecomplex said:
Hey Marwan what do you think of the new iPhone?
I'd like to hear the opinions of a Mobile Phone connoisseur such as yourself. I think it's game changing. Pity about the 2MP camera.

To be perfectly honest it isn't.

The best thing about it is only the UI which is of huge importance. But functionality coming from Nokia and Sony Ericsson in my opinion have better as phones. Sure you won't get the "WOOOOO" factor if you were to pull it out in on a train or something, but for personal sanctification; they are great

Top Bottom