• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Desi

GMB said:
Got the samsung F480 Touchwiz yesterday.
menu357.jpg
real nice. who is the carrier where you live?

edit: actually fuck it. Impossible for me to get anyway...

Ledsen

Desi said:
real nice. who is the carrier where you live?

edit: actually fuck it. Impossible for me to get anyway...

Phones aren't generally tied to any one carrier in Sweden, you can usually use any of them.

AKAperly

Neo Member
Dave Long said:
Nice! Where did you but the Retro Gamer? Are you in the US?

Also, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for the Sam Sho V Special kit?

I have a subscription to retro gamer; so I usually get the new issue long before news stands. there is actually a nice neo-geo MVS article in outrun issue.

the Sam Sho V special kit was new old stock; so it was pricey. i got it for 400.

Dave Long

Banned
AKAperly said:
I have a subscription to retro gamer; so I usually get the new issue long before news stands. there is actually a nice neo-geo MVS article in outrun issue.

the Sam Sho V special kit was new old stock; so it was pricey. i got it for 400.
Ah... cool. I haven't built up the willpower to tell my wife I want to pay $180 for a magazine subscription yet or whatever the hell it is, hence to Retro Gamer for me. They stopped carrying it at Barnes & Noble too. I really want to read that MVS article. :(

$400 for a game that's still getting play in arcades isn't too bad, especially NOS.

AKAperly

Neo Member
Dave Long said:
Ah... cool. I haven't built up the willpower to tell my wife I want to pay $180 for a magazine subscription yet or whatever the hell it is, hence to Retro Gamer for me. They stopped carrying it at Barnes & Noble too. I really want to read that MVS article. :(

$400 for a game that's still getting play in arcades isn't too bad, especially NOS.

yeah, i know what you mean about the subscription price. i generally read the issues cover to cover though, and the presentation and large format is awesome. i stopped all my other subs for different mags, so it evens out. the B&Ns in my area still carry RG, but sometimes they will miss issues, or there is one left that has chumped corners, so i just ordered it.

yeah SSVS is a solid game, its very balanced for the amount of characters it has. i didn't mind spending the money, especially for the neo's final release.

Echoes

2001loot-cap.jpg

augmoviesloot.jpg

• Siren: New Translation
  • Killzone Liberation
  • 2001 A Space Odyssey
  • Five Days (HBO Miniseries)
  • Batman Gotham Knight
  • American Psycho
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut Edition
  • The Pursuit of Happyness
  • She's The Man (sucky :\)
  • Pulp Fiction
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
hidepsyence said:
Holy shit, do want!

Is there a way to get it without having preordered the game?

I didn't pre-order and I got those. Didn't even ask/know about those. Just ask the people at Gamestop if you want that stuff. They'll probably hook you up if they have any left over.

nny

Update before the month's end:

the Olympic spirit took over me, but I didn't want to spend too much money, so I went for the previous olympics' videogame P Got another Ridge Racer for the collection; and my previous SNES adapter worked with american games but none of my japanese cartridges worked, so I devided to get another to see if it was the adapter or the games...

DSC03908.jpg

...it was the adapter )

DSC03883.jpg

Saw this on sale and decided to see if singing games are any fun...they are. )

DSC03913.jpg

This month PC gaming goods!
-Blizzard Gift Set:
+Diablo II + expansion (started playing this one)
+Starcraft + Expansion
+Warcraft III
-Helldorado (loved Desperados 1)
-Robin Hood (loved Desperados 1, is the same studio, Spellbound)
-Runaway 2 Special Edition (contains Runaway 1 and 2 and artbook)

Really, really cheap. Blizzard Giftset for 19 euros, Runaway 2 special edition for 9 euros!, Robin Hood for 4 euros (but this one is very old), and Helldorado for 29 euros.

DSCF4212.jpg

DSCF4218.jpg

DSCF4221.jpg

DSCF4210.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Warcraft III
Starcraft
Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction in the same box?

You DO know that's over 2000 hours of gameplay content, right?

Seiken said:
Warcraft III
Starcraft
Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction in the same box?

You DO know that's over 2000 hours of gameplay content, right?

:lol :lol :lol
Yes, its going to be an awesome universty year, not for my grades that is.

nny

marwan said:
old PS1 boxes rock:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/29082008109.jpg[IMG]

spoing still intact :)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/29082008110.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Cool, I've never seen this kind of box before, reminds me of the Saturn ones; was this the first type of PSX boxes in the US?

Oh, I forgot to add to my previous post, I also got a bookshelf (in this case a dvdshelf) for my anime, now they're all nice and tidy:

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/DSC03916.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
SuperAugustRushSmall.jpg

Absolute Dark Knight, re-purchased Wild Arms XF, N+, Doctor Who Season 1+2, The Office UK, new Nightmare Before Christmas and Bangai-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spike

This should be the final haul for August:

PS3 DualShock 3 controller
Soul Calibur 4 Darth Vader Edition
Planet Earth Blu-Ray

Sagitario

Amir0x said:
SuperAugustRushSmall.jpg

Absolute Dark Knight, re-purchased Wild Arms XF, N+, Doctor Who Season 1+2, The Office UK, new Nightmare Before Christmas and Bangai-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's n+ about? And no purchase of shame this month?

Amir0x

Banned
Farore said:
What's n+ about? And no purchase of shame this month?

Not yet... it's only been a few weeks since my last shame of the month, which wasn't too long ago anyway since I actually got it in July not the month it released.

Lots of upcoming potential though...

N+ is a game of ultimate NINJA greatness. Super oldschool/hardcore... you're a ninja with unique ninja physics, and you have to try to complete a level of obstacles. Really tough at times. Level sharing and building makes it INFINITELY REPLAYABLE! Video

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Current DS collection (still need to get FFIV and Bangai-O):

jl2zk5.jpg

And my roommate sold me his NES with this small but awesome collection:

2md3wy.jpg

marwan

Banned
GMB said:
Got the samsung F480 Touchwiz yesterday.

back709.jpg

front107.jpg

utfalld850.jpg

menu357.jpg

nice, congrats man! beautiful phone!

but sorry to bust your bubble i had it ages ago! :D maybe that's due to the fact it just came out in the U.S?

i'll be receiving this any minute now:

Samsung%20i900%20Omnia%20Phone-thumb-520x415.jpg
samsung-omnia-phonemag-2.jpg

sorry mods, pics will be replaced by the actually device once i get it in a few minutes i promise!

operated by Windows Mobile 6.1 :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900_omnia-review-267.php

rest assures(guys) i'll be posting pictures as soon as i get my hands on the puppy! DivX/Xvid/GPS out of the box! :)

Kittonwy

Banned
I bought:

Teh last guy
Warhawk expansion pack with teh jetpack
Road Rawrrior on Blu-Ray
Castaway on Blu-Ray
Pre-ordered Little Big Planet

Rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Ledsen

marwan said:

but sorry to bust your bubble i had it ages ago! :D maybe that's due to the fact it just came out in the U.S?

i'll be receiving this any minute now:

http://ployer.com/archives/2008/06/09/Samsung%20i900%20Omnia%20Phone-thumb-520x415.jpg[img] [img]http://www.phonemag.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/samsung-omnia/samsung-omnia-phonemag-2.jpg[img]

sorry mods, pics will be replaced by the actually device once i get it in a few minutes i promise!

operated by Windows Mobile 6.1 :)

[url]http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900_omnia-review-267.php[/url]

rest assures(guys) i'll be posting pictures as soon as i get my hands on the puppy! DivX/Xvid/GPS out of the box! :)[/QUOTE]

Look, if you don't have pictures yourself, don't post any at all. Just wait until you have your own.

gallyer

Yes. Because as the OP says three times, "No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images...."

You get that ? Nobody cares about stock photos.

Rimshot

marwan said:

i

It's not a freaking competition...
And the phone is obviously bought in Sweden, not the states.

And wait until you have the actual product and take nice pics of it then.

Desi

°°ToMmY°° said:
new shoes.

Gucci:
84142_P1020854_122_15lo.jpg
oh wow how much they run you and where? i need more nice sneaker shoes...

I didn't pre-order and I got those. Didn't even ask/know about those. Just ask the people at Gamestop if you want that stuff. They'll probably hook you up if they have any left over.
really? time to head up to gamestop then.

Desi

°°ToMmY°° said:
italy. i think it's a bit too far for you...
oh. well can you give me the as close as you can for the name of them? If they run more than 250 though I probably have to pass sadly.

Desi said:
oh. well can you give me the as close as you can for the name of them? If they run more than 250 though I probably have to pass sadly.

i don't know the name, sorry :(

it's part of the 2008 spring-summer collection. i tried to check the gucci site but it already has the 2009 one.

atomico

nny said:
Cool, I've never seen this kind of box before, reminds me of the Saturn ones; was this the first type of PSX boxes in the US?

launch games came in saturn/sega cd type-boxes :

iz7pk1.jpg

afterwards, they switched to an all-cardboard variant, briefly, (like wipeout, above), and later, we got the the kind Track & Field has, which had a plastic "frame"

where was I? right. PSN pickups of the month:

14kvfra.jpg

2lxkev.jpg

35jlc44.jpg

presented in crappy cellphone cam format, for your viewing pleasure

Top Bottom