• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Yes Boss!

Litflynt912 said:
all in good fun! ^^

Oh damn, you can tell I've been drinking. I can't believe I spelt "threw" as through. Pathetic.

Btw, this is what I was cooking during the last hour, posted in the OT cooking thread (Aloo Gobi Mattar):

P1030422.jpg

Echoes

Yes Boss! said:
Oh damn, you can tell I've been drinking. I can't believe I spelt "threw" as through. Pathetic.

Btw, this is what I was cooking during the last hour, posted in the OT cooking thread (Aloo Gobi Mattar):

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1030422.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Damn you and your good food, sir! :-(

Looks delicious. I love Indian food.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Yes Boss! said:

P1030422.jpg

mmmmm tasty, I love Indian food, looks like 'aloo mutter gobi', what spices did you use ?

Yes Boss!

lowrider007 said:
mmmmm tasty, I love Indian food, looks like 'aloo mutter gobi', what spices did you use ?

Yeah, that is the one. This time I fried, separately, the cauliflower and potatoes and added them at the last few minutes.

Spices include:

Jeera
Hing
Coriander powder
Chili powder
Amchur (dried mango)
garam masala
Ginger
Garlic
fresh green chilis
lemon juice

And, there is a whole tomato and whole onion in there as well as a bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro).

Kagami said:
Megami Magazine and Nyantype have been aiding me in my project to create the Queen's Blade equivalent of Toy Soldier's room.
http://i49.tinypic.com/33v2sf9.jpg

Much respect, looks fucking awesome. Walls with a spirited exhibition of the finer things - that's what it's all about. Have fun, it's quite a collection.

Speaking of which, some titillating new additions to my decor came courtesy Santa's sack last week. No pics yet, haven't framed it all. Seeing you working on your display is inspiration to get cracking on updating mine. :)

Yes Boss!

Toy Soldier said:
Much respect, looks fucking awesome. Walls with a spirited exhibition of the finer things - that's what it's all about. Have fun, it's quite a collection.

Speaking of which, some titillating new additions to my decor came courtesy Santa's sack last week. No pics yet, haven't framed it all. Seeing you working on your display is inspiration to get cracking on updating mine. :)

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

Love both of you guys. Mucho respect! More photos please.

Let us see those items TS!

Fox the Sly

Chairhome said:
I know its a bit cheesy when people do this, but I always want to participate in these threads but never have the time to take pics of my pick ups throughout the month... I had pics ready for this one!
IMG_3435-vi.jpg

Christmas Eve baby. My son. I now have a complete set! :p

Congrats! :D

LurkerJZ3 said:
Good way to end the year with this beauty.

Max Factory Yoko Real Image Ver.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Lurker_Jr/PC290454.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Lurker_Jr/PC290457.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
Dude. Where did you get this? I want.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LurkerJZ3 said:
Good way to end the year with this beauty.

Max Factory Yoko Real Image Ver.

almost picked this up while i was in japan but there was no way i could realistically fit it into my luggage. lol

Bah, I'm done holding out for my copy of Another Code R to arrive so here is the Christmas pick-up:
IMG_1391.jpg

Anno: Create A New World (aka Dawn of Discovery), Little King's Story, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Limited Edition), Magical Starsign, Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, 4xAA Rechargeable Batteries, A Shirt, RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds and Beyond the Moon.

Also, FFCC My Life as a Darklord. Though...
fcc-wut.png

...What? I bought it on the 29th and only once...

ChryZ

Properly my last pick up of '09. "Wallace & Gromit The Complete Collection". Not really that complete, but for 12 bucks complete enough.

p1000381.jpg

I wasn't expecting the slip-case, nice surprise :D

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I can't believe that it's been over 10 years and I've yet to play a Gran Turismo game without a wheel. Well that changed today as my Drive Force GT game in and holy shit this thing is awesome. It feels so good (cries).

200pkav.jpg

krae_man

Liquidus said:
I can't believe that it's been over 10 years and I've yet to play a Gran Turismo game without a wheel. Well that changed today as my Drive Force GT game in and holy shit this thing is awesome. It feels so good (cries).

200pkav.jpg

You posted that here first? Traitor!

Balboa

FHIZ said:
I hope you have an SD tv, because there is no reason to to upgrade those to blu ray on your ps3. Specially a movie like stark trek!
Unfortunately I'll be sat about 10 feet away from a 32inch HDTV, I think I'll be fine with these for now.

krae_man

Liquidus said:
I'm sorry Krae. In my defense, well there isn't one actually. Come on it's a 1-2 minute differential. :lol

It was 3 dude, 3

Its because they gave you a custom rank right?

I also like how you took the photo 2 minutes before you posted it:lol

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
3 :lol

I don't like the custom rank though, apparently it says I'm a fool or something but then again that sounds about right.:D

Well I took a pic of the box, I setup the wheel earlier in the day... fuck the second it arrived it was up and running within a minute.

Chairhome said:
I know its a bit cheesy when people do this, but I always want to participate in these threads but never have the time to take pics of my pick ups throughout the month... I had pics ready for this one!
IMG_3435-vi.jpg

Congrats!! I have a Christmas Eve baby too. We had a big slammer for her on Xmas eve. Good times.

My gifts just showed up today, but it was so worth the wait :D

4228366865_35301ae178_b.jpg

Have put a good forty hours into Fallout 3, but havent played any of the expansions. Planescape i havent played since it came out so i cant wait!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yes Boss! said:
Mine is on the 29th of November. I get the best of both worlds as everybody is thinking of Thanksgiving around mine. I've also got a twin brother so that is the best part about my birthday.

November 29th is my birthday too. By chance how old are you?

Alucrid

Banned
Misterinenja said:
@ Alucrid

What speakers are those?

Swan M10's, courtesy of Neogaf's Audiophile speaker thread. :D They're awesome.

Manp said:
isn't that a subwoofer? put that thing on the floor where it belongs man!

:)

Haha, well normally that's how it would go but from what I've heard, and experienced, they sound much better in front of you rather than below you.

Yes Boss! said:
Looks like a desktop 2.1 system. Don't those generally go on the desk since the controls are on the base module?

That too. The volume nob is on the front and the bass control is on the back.

Loxley

HUELEN10 said:
On the other hand, that really REALLY sucks. Xmas and B-Day on the same day practically?

That really sucks. :lol

My birthday is ten days before Christmas, having a birthday that close to what is essentially the biggest cultural holiday in the States (I say cultural simply because I don't think it's a secret that Christmas surpassed being simply a religious holiday a long time ago) is both a blessing and a curse.

I get "Dude! Your birthday is barely more than a week away from Christmas! You get, like, double the presents in one month right?" a lot when people figure that out.

Unfortunetely the answer is almost always a resounding "Nope". My parents love using my birthday's approximation to Christmas as a reason to avoid gifting me anything until Christmas day at all ;) They've broken the mold for the bigger birthdays like 13, 16 & 18 (I turned 21 this year, so this year was also an exception :D). They think it's funny, so hey what can I do?

That said, December birthdays are always great (especially if they're before Christmas day) because I guess I just like having my birthday within the one 25-day window of the year when goddamn near everyone is in a..."giving mood" :lol

Chairhome said:
IMG_3435-vi.jpg

And congratulations!

Manp

Alucrid said:
Haha, well normally that's how it would go but from what I've heard, and experienced, they sound much better in front of you rather than below you.

wha?! just no!

:p

kamspy said:
Does Planescape play nice with Vista?

Been meaning to replay and I noticed they rereleased it on DVD.
Sure does :D supports 98/ME/XP/Vista (should work in 7, im installing it on 7 later so ill update this post then)

Fine Molds 1/72 scale Slave 1:
Slave1.jpg

A Christmas present from my wonderful parents. Of course, it dooms me to about six months of cutting, sanding, filing, gluing, checking reference photos and painting and weathering, but it's a good kind of doom.

Yes Boss! said:

***Food Pic***

What is that? That looks good as hell.

Top Bottom